Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Elect]

BB nikkor DX AF-S 35mm f/1.8G lens $199 free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2013 10:35 pm
Tags:
Feb 27, 2005
187 posts
64 upvotes
CA
i have an 18-200mm currently, is this a lens i should have in addition?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2386 posts
1108 upvotes
Ontario
lilbamboo wrote: i have an 18-200mm currently, is this a lens i should have in addition?
Read this thread - about same 35mm lens - now OOS at BB anyway. Summary - the 35mm is a great lens for indoors/low-light etc.

hot-hot-hot-hot-nikon-35mm-f1-8g-af-s-1 ... y-1281764/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Feb 17, 2010
30 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
A 35mm is equivalent to a 50mm on a DX format sensor.
the 1.5x crop factor makes it a 52mm, which is the closest thing to the 50mm on an FX format sensor.

The 50mm, since forever has been a lens described as the focal length closest to what the human eye sees, making it an ideal all-around lens.
The F1.8 makes it great for low light setting photography because the lower the aperture, the more light you let in.

At this price, it bests even some of the better deals I see on Kijiji, CL, etc.

Definitely a steal.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
1641 posts
13 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I find that the 35/1.8 covers the 35mm image circle quite well, and only vignettes stopped-down and with infinity-focused images. It's also quite sharp edge to edge on FX.

I used to shoot this 35/1.8 on my D700 and photos came out great, if you know its limitations. For $169, it's an excellent deal!