Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

NO TAX ON ALL 60"+ TVs AND ALL 4K TVs - Oct 2 Only

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2014 8:47 pm
Aug 1, 2006
506 posts
53 upvotes

[Best Buy] NO TAX ON ALL 60"+ TVs AND ALL 4K TVs - Oct 2 Only

Last edited by ahTin1257 on Mar 19th, 2019 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Full-Time Full Service Realtor - GTA West
37 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1477 posts
1410 upvotes
Montreal
There are probably going to be a lot of changes when the Vizio P series arrive. They're inexpensive yet have high end features and good reviews. Even if you don't want a 4K display, they support many more backlit zones and should still be much less expensive than more established brands.
Aug 25, 2010
500 posts
109 upvotes
davidm wrote: There are probably going to be a lot of changes when the Vizio P series arrive. They're inexpensive yet have high end features and good reviews. Even if you don't want a 4K display, they support many more backlit zones and should still be much less expensive than more established brands.
Any idea when this will be happening though? If someone needs a TV now, probably isn't worth it to wait.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2013
2078 posts
2140 upvotes
Buenos Aires/Monaco
Damn, almost all of the TV's are smart now.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
Too bad it doesn't cover 4k monitors. Just checked.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
2409 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
I got one of those horizontal dead lines on my 6 year old sharp. Still debating when to pull the trigger on a new tv....
Mar 13, 2010
226 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
Redscott wrote: Too bad it doesn't cover 4k monitors. Just checked.
Are you sure?
The page says: WE PAY THE TAX ON ALL 60"+ TVs AND ALL 4K TVs*
*Excludes Sony 4K XBR skus. Price will be reduced by an amount equal to the tax(es) in your region. Discount will be shown at check out.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
3718 posts
477 upvotes
GTA
If anyone is getting this TV - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/son ... 88942.aspx, might as well go through shop.ca, it's the same price, but then if you use ebates you will get 15% cashback and make sure you create a new shop.ca account to get almost 27k in aeroplan points (that's like $500). So even though shop.ca charges 13% tax, you still gain more than buying straight from bestbuy.ca or futureshop.com.

Of course, you can get even more savings like with $10 or $20 off coupon from shop.ca.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
Yes, they charged tax on web so I didn't complete order on a 28" Samsung 4k monitor and called BB csr and he confirmed after talking with his manager. 4K TV not 4K computer monitors. Just sent an order on NCIX same price, free shipping and only 5% tax
Oct 14, 2006
6 posts
Barrie
Is it me or is bestbuys tax savings calculations slightly off at checkout?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
trungngo13 wrote: If anyone is getting this TV - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/son ... 88942.aspx, might as well go through shop.ca, it's the same price, but then if you use ebates you will get 15% cashback and make sure you create a new shop.ca account to get almost 27k in aeroplan points (that's like $500). So even though shop.ca charges 13% tax, you still gain more than buying straight from bestbuy.ca or futureshop.com.

Of course, you can get even more savings like with $10 or $20 off coupon from shop.ca.
I don't understand the aeroplan part,I tried to add my aeroplan to my wife's Shop.ca account and I couldn't,it's said this Aeroplan number is already connected or added to another Shop.ca account,, unless you mean to sign up a new Aeroplan account too?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Mar 13, 2010
226 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
Redscott wrote: Yes, they charged tax on web so I didn't complete order on a 28" Samsung 4k monitor and called BB csr and he confirmed after talking with his manager. 4K TV not 4K computer monitors. Just sent an order on NCIX same price, free shipping and only 5% tax
Look at Promotional savings when you checkout, that's the tax discount.
They can't NOT charge you taxes as business has to give that money to the government so what they do is discount the pre-tax price first.

Displayed price: 1499.99

Checkout details:
Product Total$1,327.49
Scheduled Delivery Charge: $49.99
Subtotal$1,377.48
Environmental Handling Fees :D etails $39.50
Estimated ON HST $184.21
Total$1,601.19

So that's 1499.99 + Env. + Delivery
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2005
3718 posts
477 upvotes
GTA
Well, unless there is a way to remove the aeroplan account associated with your old account, then perhaps making a new one could work. I don't shop much on shop.ca due to their inflated pricing, unless there is a good deal, promotion or cash back going on.

Good luck.
immortal_kssss wrote: I don't understand the aeroplan part,I tried to add my aeroplan to my wife's Shop.ca account and I couldn't,it's said this Aeroplan number is already connected or added to another Shop.ca account,, unless you mean to sign up a new Aeroplan account too?
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
sjeffrey wrote: Look at Promotional savings when you checkout, that's the tax discount.
They can't NOT charge you taxes as business has to give that money to the government so what they do is discount the pre-tax price first.
Promotion is LIMITED to 4K TV and not applicable to 4K computer monitors

If your experience is otherwise then please put up an invoice and I'll cancel my NCIX order and save an extra 5%. Also it would make returns and/exchanges much easier with brick and motor BB stores in my town than paying for shipping back to NCIX.
Mar 24, 2011
67 posts
23 upvotes
Ottawa
When is the P series making its way here you think? Also, worth waiting for black friday or boxing week?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1477 posts
1410 upvotes
Montreal
Some 4K TVs are as good as 4K monitors, if you don't mind a really large display. The key point is chroma subsampling levels. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling 4:4:4 is ideal, 4:4:2 is acceptable to some, anything lower is unacceptable for text and fine details. LG's HDTVs are good candidates for computer display use. Their IPS panels don't have the deepest black, but support 4:4:4. You'll definitely want to do a bit of research and purchase from a shop with a good return policy.
Mar 13, 2010
226 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
Redscott wrote: Promotion is LIMITED to 4K TV and not applicable to 4K computer monitors

If your experience is otherwise then please put up an invoice and I'll cancel my NCIX order and save an extra 5%. Also it would make returns and/exchanges much easier with brick and motor BB stores in my town than paying for shipping back to NCIX.
My bad, I didn't notice you specified Monitors...
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
sjeffrey wrote: My bad, I didn't notice you specified Monitors...
No problem :) I was hoping you were right. I am always nervous ordering expensive monitors from BC and getting delivery of burnt or stuck pixels and the return hassle. The BB sale had there been a workaround to get the Samsung 4k Monitor tax free at $550 would of been ideal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)