Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

BB: Playbook rapid charger $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2013 5:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1008 posts
403 upvotes
ERMAHGERD GUISE.

I didn't even get a chance to reserve. :(
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2007
2959 posts
463 upvotes
Montreal
The link the OP posted goes to the dock and not to the rapid charger. I couldn't find the rapid charger on BB's website
Oct 23, 2007
863 posts
166 upvotes
gnuman wrote: The link the OP posted goes to the dock and not to the rapid charger. I couldn't find the rapid charger on BB's website
The dock is a rapid charger as well. What you want is the travel rapid charger; that one is still in stock in futureshop and you can pm staples, or just try to find stock at staples.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
gnuman wrote: The link the OP posted goes to the dock and not to the rapid charger. I couldn't find the rapid charger on BB's website
The OP's link and this entire thread is about the RAPID CHARGING POD. Is your post referring to the RAPID CHARGING 'TRAVEL' chager? Both are 'rapid chagers'.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
Subarunyon wrote: The dock is a rapid charger as well. What you want is the travel rapid charger; that one is still in stock in futureshop and you can pm staples, or just try to find stock at staples.
How is the PM at Staples going to work? The prcie for the travle charger at Staples right now is $9.97 and an additional 25% off in store for clearance. You can't PM Staples at FutureShop as the item is listed as 'clearance' on the Staples website.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5261 posts
1618 upvotes
SK
Oh man, I don't need a 2nd one but what the heck it's $10. Now just need a larger PB, my 16GB is running low on space.
After this I'll have 2xPod chargers, 1xRapid 3-Pin charger, and 1xInternational MicroUSB Charger, all at 2.0+ Amp output.
shopper-X
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1008 posts
403 upvotes
Maybe it's just me, but the futureshop website is getting hammered to death. I can't even get it reserved let alone being redirected to the page.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5261 posts
1618 upvotes
SK
rcheung13 wrote: Maybe it's just me, but the futureshop website is getting hammered to death. I can't even get it reserved let alone being redirected to the page.
Same here, what to check the price and all I'm getting is:
FS wrote: Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.

The page may be temporarily unavailable or may no longer exist.

Please take a moment to provide us feedback by clicking the button below and telling us what you were attempting to do when this error occurred.

Your input will help us improve the quality of the site for our customers.
shopper-X
Apr 14, 2006
905 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone has one to sell, please PM me. Ill pay top dollar for it.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5261 posts
1618 upvotes
SK
Simo wrote: If anyone has one to sell, please PM me. Ill pay top dollar for it.
Best Buy has online stock, buy 2 for $20 and get free shipping, no (might need a filler to get over $20 exactly)?

Edit:
Sorry, out of stock already.
shopper-X
Nov 26, 2009
42 posts
15 upvotes
We have a playbook that no longer charges.... Can't turn it on, have tried leaving it plugged in for days to multiple different power sources (different cables too). Do you think a rapid charge cable would help? Or should we not bother (still waiting to hear back from customer service)
Apr 14, 2006
905 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
shopper-X wrote: Best Buy has online stock, buy 2 for $20 and get free shipping, no (might need a filler to get over $20 exactly)?
Thanks now in stock BB also FS! save 70 buck, time to stock up!
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2009
1008 posts
403 upvotes
mini keg wrote: We have a playbook that no longer charges.... Can't turn it on, have tried leaving it plugged in for days to multiple different power sources (different cables too). Do you think a rapid charge cable would help? Or should we not bother (still waiting to hear back from customer service)
I would consult Crackberry
Apr 19, 2007
339 posts
118 upvotes
York
mini keg wrote: We have a playbook that no longer charges.... Can't turn it on, have tried leaving it plugged in for days to multiple different power sources (different cables too). Do you think a rapid charge cable would help? Or should we not bother (still waiting to hear back from customer service)
Do the "plug in for 2 minutes (not longer) unplugged for 30 seconds", repeat 5 times. That should get the software to reboot. It can hapoen if you let the battery deplete.

Thanks OP, going to get some more :)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5261 posts
1618 upvotes
SK
Have you tried the stack charging method? I did this for a friend with a stock PlayBook (2.0Amp) charger and got it working. It took a day to get it going but I got it going.
Plug and unplug the charger in the MicroUSB (or 3-Pin) port a few times (I did 5-times). Leave it in for 20-30 seconds each time and out for same amount of time. Then I left it plugged in for 2-hours, unplugged it and plugged it back in. Turned it on and got the charging icon. After that I told them not to let the PB get under 15%.
shopper-X
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
rcheung13 wrote: I would consult Crackberry
For $10, it's a great deal anyways, but just so people are aware, there are complaints on Crackberry about this very charger, with reports of bad pins and faulty design:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry ... em-689125/
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry ... ost6723512
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry ... ng-756992/

Now, this shouldn't dissuade you from buying it (if possible, BB and FS sites are either OOS, or getting hammered), but keep this in mind if/when this happens down the road, after your purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5261 posts
1618 upvotes
SK
chadw01 wrote: For $10, it's a great deal anyways, but just so people are aware, there are complaints on Crackberry about this very charger, with reports of bad pins and faulty design:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry ... em-689125/
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry ... ost6723512
http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry ... ng-756992/

Now, this shouldn't dissuade you from buying it (if possible, BB and FS sites are either OOS, or getting hammered), but keep this in mind if/when this happens down the road, after your purchase.
My mother-in laws had a sticking pin, we used a toothpick to push it down all the way and it popped back up and not had a problem since. It's been over a year now. It is a shame of problem exists, but it's quickly fixable which is a good thing.
shopper-X
Mar 13, 2005
743 posts
50 upvotes
Stoney creek
got my order in at futureshop at just after 7am this morning --- now was going to order another for neices/nephews ---also keep getting errors on the site
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1999 posts
1175 upvotes
London
just sent my wife around the corner to FS to see if they have any in the store. I'll update when I hear back (if I'm not tied up at work).
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1999 posts
1175 upvotes
London
sigh....store apparently not open until 10AM.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)