Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

BB: Playbook rapid charger $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2013 5:14 pm
Tags:
None
May 25, 2010
174 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
mini keg wrote: We have a playbook that no longer charges.... Can't turn it on, have tried leaving it plugged in for days to multiple different power sources (different cables too). Do you think a rapid charge cable would help? Or should we not bother (still waiting to hear back from customer service)
Is it the USB port that is not charging? This charger uses the magnetic pins charging port and not the USB.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
so, does staples have it on clearance right now? is it worth checking at a local staples and get the extra 25% off?
Aug 8, 2008
10 posts
3 upvotes
Thank you! Bestbuy seems to be out in most stores and online but Futureshop has lots online and in most stores. Thanks again, amazing price!
Aug 8, 2008
10 posts
3 upvotes
You can reserve it online at Futureshop and then you have 48 hours to pick it up. No need to wait by the store.
Jun 3, 2012
809 posts
149 upvotes
Toronto
you jerks, now it's OOS. I bet most of you don't even need one, let alone like 10!
Aug 22, 2005
327 posts
245 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone having issues with the FS website? Painfully slow to load pages both on Chrome and IE.
Oct 23, 2007
863 posts
166 upvotes
flyer12 wrote: How is the PM at Staples going to work? The prcie for the travle charger at Staples right now is $9.97 and an additional 25% off in store for clearance. You can't PM Staples at FutureShop as the item is listed as 'clearance' on the Staples website.
Yes it's YMMV for PM, but try it anyway. I've received several PM several times on clearance items, but have been rejected as well. You only lose 10 minutes.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
1448 posts
1339 upvotes
Oakville
Ungie wrote: Anyone having issues with the FS website? Painfully slow to load pages both on Chrome and IE.
Ya it's slow but my order eventually went through. Ordered 3 (myself and 2 co-workers) to get the free shipping. Thanks OP.
Aug 15, 2007
215 posts
182 upvotes
North York
Already got one deny from the St. Catharines store :+(

Hope my Sherway gardens order goes through
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Good find, but since it is completely not case compatible and doesn't leave any of the other ports for usb/hdmi free when docked I am holding out for a better deal on the travel charger which I think is more useful.
Mar 6, 2005
638 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered one at Futureshop for in-store pickup. Thanks OP.
Mar 6, 2005
638 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: Good find, but since it is completely not case compatible and doesn't leave any of the other ports for usb/hdmi free when docked I am holding out for a better deal on the travel charger which I think is more useful.
Agreed with the HDMI point. But it does work with some of the cases on the market. It certainly with mine which is something like this one ... http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Blackberr ... s=playbook .... but I think I bought my case from Amazon for < $20 many months back.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
BinaryJay wrote: Good find, but since it is completely not case compatible and doesn't leave any of the other ports for usb/hdmi free when docked I am holding out for a better deal on the travel charger which I think is more useful.
wow, thanks for posting this! So if I am using a case, there is no way I can use this charger, right? I haven't even thought about it.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
slgta wrote: Agreed with the HDMI point. But it does work with some of the cases on the market. It certainly with mine which is something like this one ... http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Blackberr ... s=playbook .... but I think I bought my case from Amazon for < $20 many months back.
Something like that would probably work. But in my case it's the case from OtterBox, so no easy access to the ports, and I'm not going to remove the case every time I need to charge :)
Nov 17, 2004
485 posts
11 upvotes
Milton
Success at Futureshop for in-store pick-up. Love my Playbook and really needed this charger! Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2007
2761 posts
882 upvotes
If anyone in Winnipeg is looking for this, Staples on Pembina has about a dozen in the clearance bin (near front checkouts). They are $14.97 and another 50% off (about $7.50).
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1999 posts
1175 upvotes
London
just reserved two at FS London North.
Jun 14, 2011
561 posts
208 upvotes
Montreal
will this work with a hp touchpad? seems silly question, but maybe its same tech inside?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)