Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

BB: Playbook rapid charger $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2013 5:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1999 posts
1175 upvotes
London
Drakestar wrote: just reserved two at FS London North.
and cancelled.

Tried again at London South...waiting for the email...
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Good find, but since it is completely not case compatible and doesn't leave any of the other ports for usb/hdmi free when docked I am holding out for a better deal on the travel charger which I think is more useful.
Waiting for it to go lower than $9.97 that it is curently at Staples?

http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1999 posts
1175 upvotes
London
anything cheap at bestbuy to make a 19.98 cart over $20 (for free shipping?)
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17804 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Crap that it doesnt work with any of the cases. I hate taking it out (and ruining my convertible case).

Where is the travel charger? baby
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
1999 posts
1175 upvotes
London
Drakestar wrote: anything cheap at bestbuy to make a 19.98 cart over $20 (for free shipping?)
nevermind, got two confirmed for me at London South. btw BB just listed 19 online, you can add a $1.97 CD to get the free shipping.
Aug 29, 2004
400 posts
110 upvotes
LH2712 wrote: will this work with a hp touchpad? seems silly question, but maybe its same tech inside?
Haven't tried it, but the touchpad charger is rated at 2 Amps and the playbook charger at 1.7 Amps. Should work, but touchpad will charge a little more slowly than with its own charger. The "tech" here is the battery (and circuit) ability to draw more current to charge more quickly. HTH
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
4497 posts
725 upvotes
... people are buying this when they dont have a playbook?
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17804 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Meh, I am letting this one go, no use for a dock (when I use a case and specifically bought the keyboard case)
Nov 21, 2007
560 posts
607 upvotes
balance wrote: ... people are buying this when they dont have a playbook?
They probably want to sell this to those pepole who have playbooks...
Jun 14, 2011
561 posts
208 upvotes
Montreal
kev_eh wrote: Haven't tried it, but the touchpad charger is rated at 2 Amps and the playbook charger at 1.7 Amps. Should work, but touchpad will charge a little more slowly than with its own charger. The "tech" here is the battery (and circuit) ability to draw more current to charge more quickly. HTH
Thanks. The tech i was refering to was the inductive charging, but i know nothing about it. The hp dock seems impossible to find at decent prices, so this might do it. Searched a bit, and seems like touchpad won't recognize third party chargers.. meh will return if doesn't work.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
Drakestar wrote: nevermind, got two confirmed for me at London South. btw BB just listed 19 online, you can add a $1.97 CD to get the free shipping.
OOS already.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2007
10206 posts
1465 upvotes
Mississauga
3 at my Oakville Place location
RFD 43-0-0
Ebay 39-0-0
|Dance.Flirt.Music.Chill|
Mar 22, 2008
34 posts
4 upvotes
North York
got the last 2 new ones and 1 open box (less 10%) from Warden & Eglinton...
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
3327 posts
1948 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Without another $40 in buy, it's useless to grab alone.
Just add a $40 filler item (printer ink, etc) to get free shipping and then return that item to your local Staples on your next trip.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: Good find, but since it is completely not case compatible and doesn't leave any of the other ports for usb/hdmi free when docked I am holding out for a better deal on the travel charger which I think is more useful.
$9 at Staples for the Travel adapter not good enough?

LH2712 wrote: will this work with a hp touchpad? seems silly question, but maybe its same tech inside?
LH2712 wrote: Thanks. The tech i was refering to was the inductive charging, but i know nothing about it. The hp dock seems impossible to find at decent prices, so this might do it. Searched a bit, and seems like touchpad won't recognize third party chargers.. meh will return if doesn't work.
This is not inductive. It has a little port on the bottom that makes contact with a special rapid charging port on the PB.
Nov 23, 2011
24 posts
4 upvotes
OTTAWA
Thanks - got one on reserve at the FS Kanata store!
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
I reserved one and i do not even have a Playpoop. I am waiting for them to liquidate the LTE models. I could not take the lag of the first gen PB.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)