Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 30, 2011
2008 posts
599 upvotes
weedb0y wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:56 am
Without another $40 in buy, it's useless to grab alone.
Just add a $40 filler item (printer ink, etc) to get free shipping and then return that item to your local Staples on your next trip.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 9:56 am
Good find, but since it is completely not case compatible and doesn't leave any of the other ports for usb/hdmi free when docked I am holding out for a better deal on the travel charger which I think is more useful.
$9 at Staples for the Travel adapter not good enough?

LH2712 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 10:40 am
will this work with a hp touchpad? seems silly question, but maybe its same tech inside?
LH2712 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 11:05 am
Thanks. The tech i was refering to was the inductive charging, but i know nothing about it. The hp dock seems impossible to find at decent prices, so this might do it. Searched a bit, and seems like touchpad won't recognize third party chargers.. meh will return if doesn't work.
This is not inductive. It has a little port on the bottom that makes contact with a special rapid charging port on the PB.
Nov 23, 2011
14 posts
2 upvotes
OTTAWA
Thanks - got one on reserve at the FS Kanata store!
Sep 25, 2012
997 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
I reserved one and i do not even have a Playpoop. I am waiting for them to liquidate the LTE models. I could not take the lag of the first gen PB.
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24044 posts
4127 upvotes
Toronto
Cheetahmen2 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 12:50 pm
I reserved one and i do not even have a Playpoop. I am waiting for them to liquidate the LTE models. I could not take the lag of the first gen PB.
I wonder when those 2nd gen ones will go on sale...
Sep 11, 2012
491 posts
131 upvotes
Cheetahmen2 wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 12:50 pm
With the price of tablets going down recently as new models are introduced, i'm wondering if a Playbook is worth it even at 120$.
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11444 posts
788 upvotes
Mississauga
cataplexy wrote:
Jan 4th, 2013 1:05 pm
With the price of tablets going down recently as new models are introduced, i'm wondering if a Playbook is worth it even at 120$.
With the BB10 launch, yes. It does many things right. Surfing is great. Gaming is great. Missing Netflix and Skype (which might be mitigated after BB10 gets launched).
Jun 21, 2004
39 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP. Picked one up at BestBuy mobile in Dufferin Mall. There was 2 or 3 on display when I left.
Dec 14, 2011
574 posts
141 upvotes
London
Thanks OP.

So drove to the south London FS to pick up the two I placed 'on hold'. Lady opens the cabinet and there were probably 20 in there that people had reserved. Turns out they only picked one of my two, so she ran to the shelf and grabbed that last one. whew.

Daughter is using and loving it right now.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4869 posts
775 upvotes
Picked one up in store at FS in downtown Montreal. As of 3 PM, they had at least 15 on the shelf.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8639 posts
604 upvotes
GTA
Thanks for the post. I managed to price match the ones I got at Staples for $14.07 to the Futureshop price just now. The Staples in Oakville (Dorval)still had one on the "playbook clearance rack" section. Just in case someone is going to FS and it is sold out there. I was thinking of getting another one (one at home/one at office/one backup in case one of them dies) but decided I will just use another charged and cheapo "holder" from Dollarama when/if one of them crashes. It really is too bad that you can't access the HDMI port when this thing is docked. Otherwise, it would have been a much better design and attractive (or, if the dock had an HDMI connection on the back, that would have been great too).
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
3024 posts
802 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Picked mine up from FS this afternoon... Good timing too as my dog ate my wall charger!
Dec 21, 2010
73 posts
22 upvotes
Edmonton
Yes. Thank YOU. Was looking for one of these over the holidays. RSVP'd one at BB. OH YEHA. Love my Playbook with the keyboard.
× < >