None
[OP]
Oct 24, 2010
308 posts
126 upvotes
Burnaby
rkenshin wrote:
Apr 24th, 2013 3:13 am
I tried to order both Last of Us and the Pulse Elite headset but there's no $50 discount that is auto applied.. I guess this promo isn't live yet?
I got this offer email yestarday. I think it is live. I sent an email to confirm it, but they didn't reply yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1679 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
To anyone who says otherwise, the sound profiles DO work even when wired to PC, PS Vita, mobile phone, etc. You just need to turn them on BEFORE plugging them into the source. I use them for PC gaming. Try Amnesia with the new horror setting - it's sick. These are by far the best bang for the buck headsets on the market. They also added some Hip Hop settings - why would they even add these if the profiles only worked on the PS3? The only aspect that works exclusively with the PS3 is 7.1 virtual surround, but honestly, you don't lose much without it.
Dec 3, 2012
927 posts
457 upvotes
Hongcouver
It actually work with a lot of USB devices as well. I plugged it into my laptop and desktop and it works very well and you can use all the features on the headphones. It is just normal headphones when you plug it in devices with the regular add-on cord. This headset is VERY comfortable, way better compare to the first version of the Pulse headset, best thing about it is the hidden mic, the first version doesn't seem as durable.

Anyways, most of the time this thing goes on sales at $100 bucks anyways, I got mine for $100 at the Source. However, if this is a coupon, then it is SUPER hot.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1664 posts
282 upvotes
Maple
Can i use this an get simulated 7.1 from my avr reciever? So it can work with xbox etc? Or is the main functionalty ps3 exclusive and otherwise this is just a stereo headset?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1679 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
corcoran_chris wrote:
Apr 24th, 2013 10:48 am
Can i use this an get simulated 7.1 from my avr reciever? So it can work with xbox etc? Or is the main functionalty ps3 exclusive and otherwise this is just a stereo headset?
7.1 is exclusive to PS3. All other sources will output as stereo, but the sound profiles add a lot to the mix and shouldn't be undermined.

I forgot to mention that the chat feature is also PS3 only
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2092 posts
669 upvotes
Burnaby
i found the wireless interfered with my wireless lan. i went back to wired lan and no issues. the headset is great, but heavy and clamps tight. gets hot like most over the ear sets. the pulse feature is more annoying than anything, i turn it off to save power. its not a hammering type of bass, but a phone vibrator kind of feeling. sound quality is good and range is about 30 ft.

one neat thing is as long as the usb is powered you can hook a standard 3.5mm male->male headphone cable from say a TV to the dongle and you can watch tv or any audio source with a (3.5mm output) wirelessly. a RCA to 3.5mm male cable would work as well.

whats nice is no mike boom in your face. its built in like a phone, however it does make it confusing as to which side is the right or left. put a sticker or something on one side

EDITED:
also it works as a standard headphone (no bass impact feature) when using the included male to male headphone cable.

paid $100 for mine after a PM with Amazon.ca a few months ago.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2010
1157 posts
485 upvotes
Ottawa
The ad mentions Pulse "Elite", however on the bestbuy site I only see a Pulse (non-Elite)?
Typo? or is there really a different "Elite" version that has extra features?

I would be interested in buying one of these headsets, (my Tritton PS3 headset recently broke) however i have no plans to buy that game.
If anyone gets a $50 coupon code and finds out its generic please post the code here for everyone.
Otherwise if it is a custom code and anyone pre-orders that game and has no intention on making use of their headset code, i would appreciate a Private Message with the code.
Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1648 posts
692 upvotes
The sides of these headphones are easily scratchable. I had two of these at one point and both of them had a huge scratch on the side within a week.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2092 posts
669 upvotes
Burnaby
mr.interested wrote:
Apr 24th, 2013 11:42 am
The ad mentions Pulse "Elite", however on the bestbuy site I only see a Pulse (non-Elite)?

I would be interested in buying one of these headsets, (my Tritton PS3 headset recently broke) however i have no plans to buy that game.
If anyone gets a $50 coupon code and finds out its generic please post the code here for everyone.
Otherwise if it is a custom code and anyone pre-orders that game and has no intention on making use of their headset code, i would appreciate a Private Message with the code.
Thanks in advance.
the original has the mic boom and looks like 2 books strapped to your head, the Elite looks slick and more like traditional headphones, also built better.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2010
2553 posts
333 upvotes
Brampton
mr.interested wrote:
Apr 24th, 2013 11:42 am

Thanks in advance.
I dont know why bestbuy does not have the full name listed but this is the original pulse headset:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pla ... 426e70en02

While this is the elite:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pla ... 096c93en02
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
1679 posts
881 upvotes
Montreal
Psykopathik wrote:
Apr 24th, 2013 11:12 am
i found the wireless interfered with my wireless lan. i went back to wired lan and no issues. the headset is great, but heavy and clamps tight. gets hot like most over the ear sets. the pulse feature is more annoying than anything, i turn it off to save power. its not a hammering type of bass, but a phone vibrator kind of feeling. sound quality is good and range is about 30 ft.

one neat thing is as long as the usb is powered you can hook a standard 3.5mm male->male headphone cable from say a TV to the dongle and you can watch tv or any audio source with a (3.5mm output) wirelessly. a RCA to 3.5mm male cable would work as well.

whats nice is no mike boom in your face. its built in like a phone, however it does make it confusing as to which side is the right or left. put a sticker or something on one side

also it works as a standard headphone (no bass impact feature) when using the included male to male headphone cable.

paid $100 for mine after a PM with Amazon.ca a few months ago.
Why do people keep insisting that there is no Bass impact feature when wired? The feature, as well as the sound profiles are available in all instances. Just turn it on 1st, then plug it into your source. I'm listening to music on my PC with the "music" setting and bass impact right now.

I personally like the pulse set low for music, medium for any horror or high for final bosses in games. Try the last boss in MGS Rising with these on action setting with bass impact set high- nothing else compares.
Jan 8, 2010
300 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Great headset, got it when they gave away the free BO2, can't complain other then they do get a little uncomfortable after awhile, although I do have a big head haha.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
1664 posts
282 upvotes
Maple
So lets try to clear things up for me as well as others on the fence

What functions will be lost if NOT used with ps3?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2011
1648 posts
692 upvotes
corcoran_chris wrote:
Apr 24th, 2013 3:14 pm
So lets try to clear things up for me as well as others on the fence

What functions will be lost if NOT used with ps3?
7.1 surround sound.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2092 posts
669 upvotes
Burnaby
Bulletwithbatwings wrote:
Apr 24th, 2013 2:38 pm
Why do people keep insisting that there is no Bass impact feature when wired? The feature, as well as the sound profiles are available in all instances. Just turn it on 1st, then plug it into your source. I'm listening to music on my PC with the "music" setting and bass impact right now.

I personally like the pulse set low for music, medium for any horror or high for final bosses in games. Try the last boss in MGS Rising with these on action setting with bass impact set high- nothing else compares.
sorry, i'm totally wrong. I meant that if your battery goes dead, they still function as regular headphones when using the 3.5mm cable, just no head rattling.