Expiry: Unknown Report Expired Deal
Kodoo has to charge you one month in other to keep your gc. Maybe there's a way to work around : )
The phone from tms comes with 4.1.2. However, BB seems only carry 4.3?
Virgin has the same deal without an extra month charge?
I think it's HOT!!!!
Unlock it for FREE:
1. Unlock your phone and root it. By google: Samsung GS3 Toolkit. (First link!)
You can unlock it for free and here's how:
a. root the phone and install the custom recovery. (If you are not sure, just use Samsung GS3 Toolkit)
b. install I747MVLDLK4 modem which can be found here: http://d-h.st/sjl
c. follow the procedure here: http://www.redmondpie.com/permanentl...w-to-tutorial/
=============Your phone is SIM unlocked============
Read the following if you want your S3 works on WIND or MOBILICITY!!!
Enable the AWS 1700 Freq on all Canadian S3 which makes the phone works on Wind and Mobilicity. Here's how:
1. I only tested it on 4.1.2 stock roms and some custom roms but it shall work on any roms including the new 4.3. However, I recommend you to use stock 4.1.2 ROM.
2. The AWS will disappear when you reboot your phone. However, there is a work around for this but requires you to root your device.
1. Download and install: QPST (Google is your friend. First link)
2. Dial *#7284# on your phone and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' -> 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM'
3. Connect your phone to your computer via USB. Start "QPST Configuration" and select the "Ports" tab. Then click on "Add New Port".
4. Select the COM Port that has "USB/QC Diagnostic" next to it and click ok. You should now see your phone in the "Ports" tab.
5. Click the "Start Clients" menu at the top and choose "Software download". QPST software download application should open.
6. Select "Backup" backup your NV data first then select "Restore".
7. Restore the NV file which can be found here: http://d-h.st/SAV
8. When finish, it will say error, can not restart. Please DONOT RESTART YOUR PHONE.
9. In terminal emulator ( can be found on google play market) type: (you need to have the root right!)
10. This will reboot the phone and after reboot your phone will work on WIND!
Everytime when you power off your phone or restart your phone, it will lost the AWS again. Here's the work around:
a. You want to restart your phone?
Just in the terminal type: reboot nvrestore. Your phone will reboot and stick on AWS. (Too lazy to type? Download gscript from the market.)
b. You powered off your phone and turn it on again.
After reboot, do the same thing in a.
Original XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1771021
I take no credit for either sim unlock or AWS enable. I read through XDA and write them up. I've tested on my S3 with both and it works. But I take no responsibility if you brick your phone.
The deal is hotter than moto G IMO. Merry Christmas and happy new everyone!