Expired Hot Deals

BB: Samsung Galaxy S3 Koodo $0 +$150 GC on $300 tab (Make it work on WIND!) + Unlock

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2014 1:20 am
Tags:
None
Nov 3, 2009
471 posts
111 upvotes
Calgary

BB: Samsung Galaxy S3 Koodo $0 +$150 GC on $300 tab (Make it work on WIND!) + Unlock

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sam ... ageIndex=1

====================
Kodoo has to charge you one month in other to keep your gc. Maybe there's a way to work around : )
====================
The phone from tms comes with 4.1.2. However, BB seems only carry 4.3?
====================
Virgin has the same deal without an extra month charge?

I think it's HOT!!!!

Unlock it for FREE:

Steps:
1. Unlock your phone and root it. By google: Samsung GS3 Toolkit. (First link!)

You can unlock it for free and here's how:
a. root the phone and install the custom recovery. (If you are not sure, just use Samsung GS3 Toolkit)
b. install I747MVLDLK4 modem which can be found here: http://d-h.st/sjl
c. follow the procedure here: http://www.redmondpie.com/permanently-c ... -tutorial/
=============Your phone is SIM unlocked============

Read the following if you want your S3 works on WIND or MOBILICITY!!!

Enable the AWS 1700 Freq on all Canadian S3 which makes the phone works on Wind and Mobilicity. Here's how:

NB:

1. I only tested it on 4.1.2 stock roms and some custom roms but it shall work on any roms including the new 4.3. However, I recommend you to use stock 4.1.2 ROM.

2. The AWS will disappear when you reboot your phone. However, there is a work around for this but requires you to root your device.
======================

1. Download and install: QPST (Google is your friend. First link)
2. Dial *#7284# on your phone and select 'Qualcomm USB Settings' -> 'RNDIS + DM + MODEM'
3. Connect your phone to your computer via USB. Start "QPST Configuration" and select the "Ports" tab. Then click on "Add New Port".
4. Select the COM Port that has "USB/QC Diagnostic" next to it and click ok. You should now see your phone in the "Ports" tab.
5. Click the "Start Clients" menu at the top and choose "Software download". QPST software download application should open.
6. Select "Backup" backup your NV data first then select "Restore".
7. Restore the NV file which can be found here: http://d-h.st/SAV
8. When finish, it will say error, can not restart. Please DONOT RESTART YOUR PHONE.
9. In terminal emulator ( can be found on google play market) type: (you need to have the root right!)
su
reboot nvbackup
10. This will reboot the phone and after reboot your phone will work on WIND!

====================================
Everytime when you power off your phone or restart your phone, it will lost the AWS again. Here's the work around:
a. You want to restart your phone?
Just in the terminal type: reboot nvrestore. Your phone will reboot and stick on AWS. (Too lazy to type? Download gscript from the market.)
b. You powered off your phone and turn it on again.
After reboot, do the same thing in a.

Original XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1771021

I take no credit for either sim unlock or AWS enable. I read through XDA and write them up. I've tested on my S3 with both and it works. But I take no responsibility if you brick your phone.

The deal is hotter than moto G IMO. Merry Christmas and happy new everyone!
186 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
7000 posts
2052 upvotes
Yup nice price. Koodo can be a pain when you try to cancel immediately though. They have been making people pay for the gift cards.
Nov 25, 2002
141 posts
5 upvotes
Vancouver
Not that bad if you stay one month. Works well with $25 refer a friend so kinda offset 1 month fee. PM me for details.
[OP]
Nov 3, 2009
471 posts
111 upvotes
Calgary
ilapastel wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 5:28 pm
lol sold out?
Haven't started yet. Wait until tomorrow ;)
[OP]
Nov 3, 2009
471 posts
111 upvotes
Calgary
I'm going to share how to unlock the sim and make it work on WIND. Hope make the deal even hotter.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1116 posts
204 upvotes
Nice, would bb rewards stack on top?
I think its $25
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2005
1379 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
so I can just buy it, use it for 1 or 2 months and cancel? :)
Sep 23, 2003
154 posts
64 upvotes
Says on the website tab large so only works with $65+ plans? So making it $215 if u can't cancel immediately?
Or is there a better way to do this if u r in for the phone only?

"BEFORE YOU BUY THIS PHONE, HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

This plan is valid on a $300 Koodo Tab with Tab Large plans only wherein your Koodo TAB is reduced through phone usage."
[OP]
Nov 3, 2009
471 posts
111 upvotes
Calgary
boldandstraight wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 5:42 pm
which plan will work?
$30 plan should work! All tab 300 plans shall work. But at this moment, idk.

I bought one 1 month ago from TMS. I did 300 tab on $30 with $100GC and cancelled the next day. No question asked! Also you can ask them to pay $150 and put $150 on tab. Let's try out tomorrow.
Mar 14, 2009
188 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
hlfire wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 5:21 pm
Not that bad if you stay one month. Works well with $25 refer a friend so kinda offset 1 month fee. PM me for details.
Ia it possible to refer own self?
Dec 25, 2012
8 posts
Toronto
Sorry newbiee question, Does the S3 deal on Mobileshop work with wind in the same manner mentioned by OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1090 posts
114 upvotes
Toronto
sam110 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 9:14 pm
Sorry newbiee question, Does the S3 deal on Mobileshop work with wind in the same manner mentioned by OP.
yes
Deal Fanatic
Mar 14, 2009
7000 posts
2052 upvotes
anosh2091 wrote:
Dec 25th, 2013 9:30 pm
just wondering, can you use the gift card to pay off some of the tab or is the gift card only for bestbuy items?
ymmv
× < >