MISSISSAUGA

[Best Buy] BB> Sirius Starmate 7 Service Bundle (ST7AK1) $29.99

10 replies
Jun 15, 2011
37977 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Doesn't come with one month free?
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
6590 posts
723 upvotes
BC
djemzine wrote:
Aug 5th, 2013 2:05 pm
Doesn't come with one month free?
This is not a definitive answer, but the product description for ST7AK1 on the London Drugs and Costco.ca sites say it includes 3 months service.
Jun 15, 2011
37977 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
glacierice wrote:
Aug 5th, 2013 2:15 pm
Says it comes with 3 months free if you click on the images.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/Produc ... 6151_1.jpg
Not bad and I wonder after the 3 months are up, if one can use the free 3 month US trial by just providing the ESN of the sat radio/device as that promo is still ongoing and such. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-free ... d-1292543/

This is connected to the car's AUX I take it? Or is it via a FM transmitter (crap quality mostly)? I wonder how the sound quality would be if it were connected via AUX.
Dec 19, 2008
53 posts
6 upvotes
djemzine wrote:
Aug 5th, 2013 2:32 pm
Not bad and I wonder after the 3 months are up, if one can use the free 3 month US trial by just providing the ESN of the sat radio/device as that promo is still ongoing and such. http://forums.redflagdeals.com/hot-free ... d-1292543/

This is connected to the car's AUX I take it? Or is it via a FM transmitter (crap quality mostly)? I wonder how the sound quality would be if it were connected via AUX.
Costco's description says this : FM transmitter or stereo audio output to connect to your vehicle’s radio
http://www.costco.ca/SiriusXM-Satellite ... 39006.html
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
11531 posts
6514 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote:

The 2 free months will definitely not work, that freebie is only valid for factory radios, not external units. I've tried.

AUX in is great if your head unit supports it.
Grandma was slow but she was old.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14366 posts
1309 upvotes
Oshawa
djemzine wrote:
I wonder how the sound quality would be if it were connected via AUX.
Still sounds like AM radio through the AUX. Sirius is for variety, not sound quality.
Blacklisted brands: Sony, Lenovo, Dell, Vizio
Jun 15, 2011
37977 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sprung wrote:
Aug 5th, 2013 10:07 pm
The 2 free months will definitely not work, that freebie is only valid for factory radios, not external units. I've tried.

AUX in is great if your head unit supports it.
Aw man. Well my car does have an AUX port under the arm rest.
JAC wrote:
Aug 5th, 2013 10:10 pm
Still sounds like AM radio through the AUX. Sirius is for variety, not sound quality.
That is true, but my car already has the Sat button in the stock radio/DIN but its not activated or rather doesn't have the receiver built into it. So I am trying to see if I can replace it with a stock DIN with the sat receiver so I can perhaps then try to get the free one from the US or pay extra per month.
Jun 15, 2011
37977 posts
5465 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dead deal. Price has gone back up. Boo, should have done a reserve in store to keep the sale price :(
590 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
the promo code was super generic and on the outside of the box...and I threw mine out. anyone have that code? bought one..just need it to activate
99% of the stuff I own comes from RFD!
× < >