Toronto
Totoriko wrote:
Dec 28th, 2012 4:55 pm
Gift card is only $50 at Best Buy, doubt they'll give $100
i only asked to pm the price and they agreed
Mar 28, 2005
491 posts
3 upvotes
what is this scratch and save thing? and is the deal for the virgin S2 or the koodo s2x?
Nov 20, 2009
596 posts
121 upvotes
Victoria
Based on what I've read & seen thus far, apparently the size of a Virgin supertab may vary based on the type of plan selected (at least at RCSS, tbooth, etc...)

It seems counter intuitive, but it seems that when you sign up for Voice-only monthly plans you get the smaller tab, whereas with typical voice+data plans the tab is much higher ($300-400).
Hence why people report being told the tab is $400 (phone or casual inquiries assuming combo plan), while at the same time people report getting it for $150-200 tab at the same stores.
Aug 27, 2011
48 posts
3 upvotes
ST THOMAS
Called Virgin just now to change to prepaid. Jerk on the phone said I had to have the service for 30 more days.

I asked him where in the policy it said that and he said I would have to wait because if I wanted him to go through thousands of pages it would some time.

kept on about changing from postpaid to prepaid was effectively cancelling it. Hung up on him.

Do I just call back and try someone else?
Mar 7, 2009
567 posts
7 upvotes
bjturner27 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 3:30 pm
Called Virgin just now to change to prepaid. Jerk on the phone said I had to have the service for 30 more days.

I asked him where in the policy it said that and he said I would have to wait because if I wanted him to go through thousands of pages it would some time.

kept on about changing from postpaid to prepaid was effectively cancelling it. Hung up on him.

Just try again. Took me 2 attempts. If things go iffy, ask if you can get transfered to their prepaid department.
Mar 28, 2005
491 posts
3 upvotes
bjturner27 wrote:

when u called, did u ask to speak to the prepaid department right away?
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2009
1318 posts
138 upvotes
Woodstock
bjturner27 wrote:

yes, call back and YES to cancelling. you are effectively cancelling the 'monthly service' /// they used that pitch when I called in as well. I just said, ok! I want to switch to prepaid.

so what they do is they cancel the plan acct # associated with a monthly plan and create another account # for the supertab.
Aug 27, 2011
48 posts
3 upvotes
ST THOMAS
bogi093 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 3:36 pm
Just try again. Took me 2 attempts. If things go iffy, ask if you can get transfered to their prepaid department.
I did this when I called back and it worked no problem. What a uncheck of asshats!
newatthis wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 1:14 am
when u called, did u ask to speak to the prepaid department right away?
Did the second time I called.

Now I call and cancel the prepaid and pay the tab?
Jul 14, 2009
245 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
bjturner27 wrote:
Classic :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1523 posts
216 upvotes
St. John's
Question:

The bell rep is not giving my sister a sim card with a phone serial num. the virgin phone i gave her i didnt cancle.

Now, ive already switched to prepaid and have the 150$ tab to pay. What is the cheapest way to cancle thr virgin phone that is now on prepaid? I e read online cancelling adds 50% to the tab?
Apr 30, 2007
621 posts
39 upvotes
a1qwyx20 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 1:03 pm
Question:

The bell rep is not giving my sister a sim card with a phone serial num. the virgin phone i gave her i didnt cancle.

Now, ive already switched to prepaid and have the 150$ tab to pay. What is the cheapest way to cancle thr virgin phone that is now on prepaid? I e read online cancelling adds 50% to the tab?
No need to cancel a prepaid account. Just do not top up. They will cancel your account and reuse the phone number when your balance is $0 for several months.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2008
1523 posts
216 upvotes
St. John's
twin wrote:
Dec 30th, 2012 1:25 pm
No need to cancel a prepaid account. Just do not top up. They will cancel your account and reuse the phone number when your balance is $0 for several months.
Bell says phone serial still with virgin. Thats why i need to canvle.
Nov 20, 2009
596 posts
121 upvotes
Victoria
Happened to be in a superstore today, and their Mobile Shop still has the Virgin S2 for $0 up-front with $100 GC, on a $150 tab (voice only activation), and with an extra $25-100 scratch & win GC. Apparently still 23 available across BC at various locations, but prices & gift card promos end tomorrow. Will edit in a snapshot of the Mobile Shop's written quote shortly.

Price Protected at BB for an extra $50 GC. They wouldn't match the scratch card, but did match the $0 up-front & $100 GC.
× < >