• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 9:54 pm
[OP]
May 22, 2007
331 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario

BBQ Professional Cleaning

Been looking into having my bbq professionally cleaned. Did not realise these guys charge up to $120. They do come out looking as good as new admittedly.

Does anyone know what products the pros use and where to get them? Was thinking Uline or such. Any advice?
14 replies
Apr 8, 2010
357 posts
99 upvotes
toronto
this is the first that i heard of getting a BBQ professionally cleaned................. SMH
Mar 27, 2015
561 posts
125 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
My neighbours just had the guy there to "open it up" for the summer. Two 20-somethings who don't lift a finger. Mommy and Daddy pay but you have to laugh. They'll use it 2x, tops.
Dec 17, 2007
953 posts
295 upvotes
Alliston, ON
I use this stuff and it works great... Depending on how dirty your BBQ is it'll take some scrubbing. If you do it regularly, you can spray this stuff on, and just wipe it off
[OP]
May 22, 2007
331 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
thanks everyone for the suggestions so far...for some reason I cannot upvote your posts. I do however feel I need something stronger....more commercial strength.
[OP]
May 22, 2007
331 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
James_TheVirus wrote:
May 18th, 2017 7:44 pm
Just open it up and put a pressure washer to it.
Tried that did nothing at all....it is really baked on dry grease that does not come off with anything I have used.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2009
13559 posts
2120 upvotes
Toronto
macdonlg wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:33 pm
Been looking into having my bbq professionally cleaned. Did not realise these guys charge up to $120. They do come out looking as good as new admittedly.

Does anyone know what products the pros use and where to get them? Was thinking Uline or such. Any advice?
Mine cost something like $180 for a full clean for a moderate sized Weber. He used some industrial strength cleaners along with some hand held polisher tool, and by the time he was done his overalls and face mash were covered in grime. In fact, he discarded his face mask after that.

I think it took him a couple of hours too.
denti72 wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:36 pm
this is the first that i heard of getting a BBQ professionally cleaned................. SMH
You should check it out. The BBQs come out looking almost brand new after that. It may not be worth it for a cheap BBQ, but if you've spent 4-digit $ on your BBQ, it may be worth it.
Feb 4, 2010
106 posts
16 upvotes
macdonlg wrote:
May 18th, 2017 7:33 pm
I do however feel I need something stronger....more commercial strength.
I wouldn't want to do that on something I cook my food on. I simply use water, vinegar and a brush (or steel wool) every so often and it does the job fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3156 posts
203 upvotes
Calgary
Jazmina wrote:
May 19th, 2017 2:22 pm
I wouldn't want to do that on something I cook my food on. I simply use water, vinegar and a brush (or steel wool) every so often and it does the job fine.
You realize that restaurants use commercial strength cleaners, right?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2009
1184 posts
212 upvotes
Toronto
1. Turn heat to max
2. Allow bbq to run until smoke stops billowing
3. Drink beer, hi-5 wife.
Feb 8, 2017
146 posts
47 upvotes
why clean it? i scrape the grill and clean out the bottom of the bbq where all the crud goes but the residue adds to the flavour Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel