2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

BC/AB/SK/MB/ON/NT - SHELL RETAIL - 5 BAMs WUS $ 10 or more in store on almost anything (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 7, 2009
304 posts
1342 upvotes
Clarington
I bought a $25 LCBO gift card in the store; handed the cashier the coupon & watched him scan the coupon I gave him. But my receipt says Promo 940 and did not give me the 5 bonus miles. He and I double-checked the coupon and I gave him the correct one. I guess I will have to try again later. I'll ask him to enter it by hand next time.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11136 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Kesali wrote: I bought a $25 LCBO gift card in the store; handed the cashier the coupon & watched him scan the coupon I gave him. But my receipt says Promo 940 and did not give me the 5 bonus miles. He and I double-checked the coupon and I gave him the correct one. I guess I will have to try again later. I'll ask him to enter it by hand next time.
Strange

As the Coupon Code for the SHELL GAS Offer is 940
The Coupon Code for instore SHELL RETAIL Offer is most definitely 939
(They match up with the last digits in the Bar Code #s on the Physical Coupons)

Do know though you are not alone in this issue / complaint
Back during MegaMiles 2019 other RFDers reported Cashiers who entered the wrong info ... so the Offer (be it Gas or Retail) wasn’t credited

IMO this is the worse part of Shell Offers
Operator Error ... misinformed / not trained

Sucks when you have to redo Offers

At least SHELL GAS smartened up and now offer an OPT IN option
Mar 30, 2017
205 posts
161 upvotes
Did the shell 25L gas offer today receipt says Shop the Block Fuel offer at the bottom. Also, promo 940 at the top
Images
  • Shell2.png
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11136 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
kargesd wrote: Did the shell 25L gas offer today receipt says Shop the Block Fuel offer at the bottom. Also, promo 940 at the top
Thanks for this

PS... the thread for the SHELL GAS Offer will go up shortly
Hoping you’ll post this info there again (appreciate the pic too)
Mar 30, 2017
205 posts
161 upvotes
Also did the $10 spend in store offer promo 939 Shop the block indicated at the bottom of the receipt
Images
  • Shell3.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1207 posts
523 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought some $15 TH GCs during the short 10% Shell promo for MC. I immediately loaded them onto my TH app, I assume that's a safe place to put them. Might buy same for this offer, close to $10 and I probably won't shop at LCBO.

Can I pay for GCs (non-Shell) with a Shell GC? I have some from the 10% offer and would be happy to burn them off.

Thanks.
=aw
May 23, 2016
16 posts
47 upvotes
Still having issues here, I went to a station on hwy 7 and the promo did not work. Going to try at a different station
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1207 posts
523 upvotes
Ottawa
As the Coupon Code for the SHELL GAS Offer is 940
The Coupon Code for instore SHELL RETAIL Offer is most definitely 939
(They match up with the last digits in the Bar Code #s on the Physical Coupons)
That's not exactly true for the coupons I printed off STB website, wonder if they're wrong.

Barcode for 25L is 0-49999-99940-7
Barcode for $10 is 4-99999-99391-0

Do those match the printed coupons? If not, it looks like $10 code needs the 0 taken off end and moved to start (and shove everyone down), then they would be more consistent.

=aw
Nov 15, 2019
12 posts
11 upvotes
Was in Shell last night to buy Amazon $25 GC x 2 and got 14 AMs and noticed a new promo for 20 AMs on select cards. Wasn't able to snap a pic of participating cards or details and wonder if anyone else has seen it too?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2488 posts
1202 upvotes
bcbamgal wrote: Was in Shell last night to buy Amazon $25 GC x 2 and got 14 AMs and noticed a new promo for 20 AMs on select cards. Wasn't able to snap a pic of participating cards or details and wonder if anyone else has seen it too?
Yes, but unfotunately does not include Amazon. HBC $50, Uber $25, etc.
Jul 27, 2016
672 posts
614 upvotes
Kanata
bcbamgal wrote: Was in Shell last night to buy Amazon $25 GC x 2 and got 14 AMs and noticed a new promo for 20 AMs on select cards. Wasn't able to snap a pic of participating cards or details and wonder if anyone else has seen it too?
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/of ... shell.html

Offer valid November 4, 2019 through to January 5, 2020 at participating Shell locations in ON, MB, SK, AB, BC, and NT (excluding Shell Flying J locations). Get 20 AIR MILES® Bonus Miles on your purchase of any of the following Gift Cards:  
  • Canada Vanilla Visa $100,
  • Sony Canada PS3 $50,
  • HBC Canada $50,
  • Google Play $50,
  • Canada Netflix $30,
  • Canada Uber $25,
  • Cabela's Canada $50,
  • Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3M $49.99.
Maximum of 5 transactions per day. Maximum 500 Miles per Collector Account for this offer.
Mar 7, 2009
304 posts
1342 upvotes
Clarington
Kesali wrote: I bought a $25 LCBO gift card in the store; handed the cashier the coupon & watched him scan the coupon I gave him. But my receipt says Promo 940 and did not give me the 5 bonus miles. He and I double-checked the coupon and I gave him the correct one. I guess I will have to try again later. I'll ask him to enter it by hand next time.
Yesterday I went back and the Cashier tried again. Immediately Promo 940 popped up on the register. So he voided/cancelled that; entered the bar code manually and Promo 939 came up instead. This time my receipt shows Promo 939; mentions STB and I have the correct number of air miles! He did it that way twice (two different air mile cards) for me. This morning I used the LCBO gift cards to purchase the Amarula cream.
Nov 14, 2018
50 posts
12 upvotes
I'm still struggling with this one, and I'm wondering if anyone can comment. I've been to 3 locations, and all have had an issue with the coupon printed from the website ('item not found'). I live chatted Airmiles today, and they told me to print a fresh coupon from the website b/c the Shell coupons had been updated. So I did that, tried again, and still the cashier said that it was scanning 'item not found'. If I ask the cashier to type in the bar code number for number, should that work instead, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2488 posts
1202 upvotes
tjason wrote: I'm still struggling with this one, and I'm wondering if anyone can comment. I've been to 3 locations, and all have had an issue with the coupon printed from the website ('item not found'). I live chatted Airmiles today, and they told me to print a fresh coupon from the website b/c the Shell coupons had been updated. So I did that, tried again, and still the cashier said that it was scanning 'item not found'. If I ask the cashier to type in the bar code number for number, should that work instead, does anyone know?

Thanks in advance for your help!
The post immediately above yours indicates, Yes, the cashier should manually enter the code.