2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

BC/AB/SK/MB/ON/NT - SHELL RETAIL - 5 BAMs WUS $ 10 or more in store on almost anything (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 14, 2018
50 posts
12 upvotes
akaManny wrote: The post immediately above yours indicates, Yes, the cashier should manually enter the code.
Thank you. I realized that the person above said it, but I didn't know if that meant just the 10 'main' numbers in the bar code, or if it had to be all 12 numbers (I never totally know with barcodes). If anyone can advise on this front specifically so that I know what to suggest to the cashier, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks again.
Aug 17, 2006
692 posts
136 upvotes
bcbamgal wrote: Store coupon is same.

Gas 4 99999 99407 8
From coupon in book the spend $10 bar code is 4-99999-99391-0

This looks the same as the one printed from the website.
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Nov 14, 2018
50 posts
12 upvotes
Diskdoctor wrote: From coupon in book the spend $10 bar code is 4-99999-99391-0

This looks the same as the one printed from the website.
Thanks for your response. It's so weird - the one on the website looks the same as Day 1 when I first printed (I'm pretty sure)... I see that they've changed the fill-up one, but the 'spend $10' on looks the same. Last night I printed it fresh and tried again (including asking the cashier to type in the bar code). Nothing worked. If anyone has any luck with a different bar code, could you please let me know?

Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2799 posts
771 upvotes
Ontario
Kesali wrote: Yesterday I went back and the Cashier tried again. Immediately Promo 940 popped up on the register. So he voided/cancelled that; entered the bar code manually and Promo 939 came up instead. This time my receipt shows Promo 939; mentions STB and I have the correct number of air miles! He did it that way twice (two different air mile cards) for me. This morning I used the LCBO gift cards to purchase the Amarula cream.
Thanks for sharing. Just to be clear: Promo 940 (which is incorrect for STB) popped up when the cashier scanned the coupon? So the cashier needs to cancel that and enter the full bar code manually to get Promo 939?
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Feb 11, 2015
172 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tjason wrote: Thanks for your response. It's so weird - the one on the website looks the same as Day 1 when I first printed (I'm pretty sure)... I see that they've changed the fill-up one, but the 'spend $10' on looks the same. Last night I printed it fresh and tried again (including asking the cashier to type in the bar code). Nothing worked. If anyone has any luck with a different bar code, could you please let me know?

Thanks again!

I just checked the coupon from day 1 and today and both of them are exactly the same for Shell.
Nov 14, 2018
50 posts
12 upvotes
nightshademi wrote: I just checked the coupon from day 1 and today and both of them are exactly the same for Shell.
Thank you! I thought I was going crazy. I am going to live chat with AM now. I'll let everyone know what they say.
Mar 7, 2009
304 posts
1342 upvotes
Clarington
Promo 939 only showed up on the register when the Cashier manually typed the information in. I don't know which set of numbers he punched in. He looked at the coupon and followed the instructions.
Nov 14, 2018
50 posts
12 upvotes
Kesali wrote: Promo 939 only showed up on the register when the Cashier manually typed the information in. I don't know which set of numbers he punched in. He looked at the coupon and followed the instructions.
Thanks! I had a live chat session with AM and they said they didn't know anything was wrong with the in-store purchase coupon (knew about the fuel one), but said they will look into it. In the meantime, they said the cashier has to type in the number on the back of the coupon on the app/website (i.e., that's in the 'cashier's instructions' portion, and NOT the barcode on the back. I hope that helps someone else too!
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2069 upvotes
nightshademi wrote: I just checked the coupon from day 1 and today and both of them are exactly the same for Shell.
When was your first date? Nov 14? I printed the coupons on Nov 14 and printed the ones from last night and they clearly different (both digits & bars). In fact I just used the new coupons at Shell and they both worked by just scanning, no need to enter the codes manually. I will upload the receipts in a bit.
Images
  • Inkedreceipt2.jpg
  • Inkedreceipt3.jpg
  • Inkedreceipt4.jpg
  • Inkedreceipt5.jpg
Feb 11, 2015
172 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mkl38s wrote: When was your first date? Nov 14? I printed the coupons on Nov 14 and printed the ones from last night and they clearly different (both digits & bars). In fact I just used the new coupons at Shell and they both worked by just scanning, no need to enter the codes manually. I will upload the receipts in a bit.
I have recorded the pages in web.archive.org every day since Shop the block started. So unless they were not recorded properly by archive.org, the coupons for Shell on the 14th and today are the same:
Nov 14th: https://web.archive.org/web/20191114141 ... rs?prov=ON
Nov 20th: https://web.archive.org/web/20191120151 ... rs?prov=ON

I've only checked the Ontario page though. I did record the page for all other provinces as well, if someone wants to go check.
Jul 27, 2016
672 posts
614 upvotes
Kanata
nightshademi wrote: I have recorded the pages in web.archive.org every day since Shop the block started. So unless they were not recorded properly by archive.org, the coupons for Shell on the 14th and today are the same:
Nov 14th: https://web.archive.org/web/20191114141 ... rs?prov=ON
Nov 20th: https://web.archive.org/web/20191120151 ... rs?prov=ON

I've only checked the Ontario page though. I did record the page for all other provinces as well, if someone wants to go check.
Your archive link is inaccurate. STB website is loading the partner offers dynamically with a separate call to their internal API, so your web archive is only working for the main page and not the coupons themselves.

The coupons have in fact been updated (for Shell gas at least). I printed mine on day 1 and the ones on STB are now different.

I recommend you take screenshots of the coupons you use instead for historical purposes.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2069 upvotes
^+1. I printed them out and comparing them side by side a long with the booklet I got from Shell. the ones printed on first date were the same as Shell's booklet. They did not scan when I tried them on Nov 15. The newly printed ones scanned fine last night when I used them. Unfortunately I tossed the old ones. Else I could have snap the pictures of them side by side so you can see they were different
Nov 15, 2019
12 posts
11 upvotes
Was posted 5 stb bam for Amazon gc x 2 and also got my chill out bonus book of spend $5 get 10 bam x2 for a total of 34 bams. Did not expect they would stack, Woohoo!
Mar 19, 2007
392 posts
235 upvotes
There’s no surprise they screwed up on Shell’s coupon. PROMO 939 should be the same as the megamiles 2019 coupon. The 0 should be placed at the beginning of the bar code, not at the end.
D7FC0335-E725-4C8F-A177-A52A1E8B9AFE.png
4EE67B1C-A727-403F-BFA3-20B309480F55.png
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11136 posts
8357 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Coupon Scanning issues aside
Or Coupon typos / doubles etc

There exists but ONE PROBLEM HERE
ONE WE HAVE SEEN BEFORE WITH SHELL OFFERS

Part of the reason In the TIPS & TRICKS for Shell Retail Instore (and similarly for Shell Retail Gas)
i wrote:
* NOTE - Shell is notorious for not having their computers set up in time or their staff trained.
So this is one AMs PARTNER for sure worth waiting a few days on for the bugs to get worked out
Personally, we usually wait until after the first weekend, if an offer runs longer.

AND

* When the Offer goes thru correctly ones Receipt should show PROMO 939
IT IS ULTIMATELY GOING TO COME DOWN TO HAVING THE CORRECT PROMO CODE FOR THE RIGHT PROMOTION
Retail Instore Offer = 939
Retail Gasoline = 940

If you have them reversed on your receipt ... be it cuz the wrong coupon info was scanned (typo)
OR
The Clerk entered the wrong data / coupon code / scanned coupon etc

IT IS STILL A MAJOR PROBLEM

If your purchase doesn’t line up with the CORRECT PROMO CODE
It just isn’t gonna count, period

So you’ll either have to do it again, now
Or be chasing missing miles & showing receipts etc come the end of April
And for the record, as far as I see the STB 2019 Website Info & Coupon Codes have not changed since the Nov 14th launch
Mind you we OPTED IN for the Gas Offer, so probably won’t be bothering with the Shell Printed coupons at all during this BIG BONUS Event