2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

BC/AB/SK/MB/ON/NT - SHELL RETAIL - 5 BAMs WUS $ 10 or more in store on almost anything (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4454 posts
2085 upvotes
daddymac wrote: There’s no surprise they screwed up on Shell’s coupon. PROMO 939 should be the same as the megamiles 2019 coupon. The 0 should be placed at the beginning of the bar code, not at the end.

D7FC0335-E725-4C8F-A177-A52A1E8B9AFE.png

4EE67B1C-A727-403F-BFA3-20B309480F55.png
Actually it was the opposite for me, the coupon you showed begins with '4' worked for me when they scanned it. The gas coupon on the other hand, begins with '0' also worked when they scanned (see my receipts couple of posts above). These are the coupons I used and they both worked (at least the station I went to)
coupons.jpg
Jul 27, 2016
674 posts
614 upvotes
Kanata
mkl38s wrote: Actually it was the opposite for me, the coupon you showed begins with '4' worked for me when they scanned it. The gas coupon on the other hand, begins with '0' also worked when they scanned (see my receipts couple of posts above). These are the coupons I used and they both worked (at least the station I went to)

coupons.jpg
The coupons you took a picture of are the correct ones to use.
$10 coupon: 499999993910
25L coupon: 049999999407

The old non-working coupons used these incorrect codes:
$10 coupon: 049999999391
25L coupon: 499999994078

It looks like the printed booklets are correct, but the coupons that we printed from online in the first couple of days had the wrong barcodes - but they've since been updated.
Aug 17, 2006
692 posts
136 upvotes
I received a promo e-mail from Airmiles and in a link to the terms and conditions I found the following instructions which may be useful to some:

Sales Associate Instructions:
1. Add fuel to transaction.
2. Scan coupon OR, for coupons presented on mobile devices, hit the "Enter UPC/PLU" on the POS then enter 00 049 999 999 407 (numbers only, no spaces).
3. Scan/swipe/enter AIR MILES Card.

Sales Associate Instructions:
1. Add product to transaction.
2. Scan coupon OR, for coupons presented on mobile devices, hit the "Enter UPC/PLU" on the POS then enter 00 049 999 999 391 (numbers only, no spaces).
3. Scan/swipe/enter AIR MILES Card.

reference:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/emailsquarekno ... NWT_E.html
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2840 posts
806 upvotes
Ontario
I did not get "Promo 939" on my Shell receipt yesterday when I bought a GC and presented the appropriate coupon from the booklet.

I was surprised because I went to the same Shell on Nov. 20 and did the exact same transaction for another AM acct and did get "Promo 939" on the receipt.

It appeared to me that the cashier (a different one) took the exact same steps in the same order as the previous cashier.

One thing I noticed is that the back of the coupon instructs the cashier to scan the coupon before the AM card, but both times it seems they scanned the AM card before the coupon. The first time I got Promo 939 and the second time I didn't. Very confusing! Anyone know what what wrong here?

I have to go back now and buy another GC and hope it works!
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4454 posts
2085 upvotes
minimalist wrote: I did not get "Promo 939" on my Shell receipt yesterday when I bought a GC and presented the appropriate coupon from the booklet.

I was surprised because I went to the same Shell on Nov. 20 and did the exact same transaction for another AM acct and did get "Promo 939" on the receipt.

It appeared to me that the cashier (a different one) took the exact same steps in the same order as the previous cashier.

One thing I noticed is that the back of the coupon instructs the cashier to scan the coupon before the AM card, but both times it seems they scanned the AM card before the coupon. The first time I got Promo 939 and the second time I didn't. Very confusing! Anyone know what what wrong here?

Did you confirm the coupon from the booklet was the same as the one on website right now? Because the one from the booklet I used on Nov 15 did not scan at all even. When I checked with the one I just printed (which worked correctly when I used it 3 days ago and 5BAM already posted in my account), they were different
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2006
2840 posts
806 upvotes
Ontario
mkl38s wrote: Did you confirm the coupon from the booklet was the same as the one on website right now? Because the one from the booklet I used on Nov 15 did not scan at all even. When I checked with the one I just printed (which worked correctly when I used it 3 days ago and 5BAM already posted in my account), they were different
Yes, coupon that I used from the booklet matches STB site's "Get 5 BAM when you spend $10 on almost anything":

4 99999 99391 0
Cards:HSBC WE MC 1.5%/3% travel 0 FX MC acceptance 31 day med AF $49
CTC WE MC 3% grocery, 3.54% CTC, RA, billpay
Bank: Alterna (2%+, no fees)
Brokers: IB (For. stocks/low comm)/Reg. RBCDI(service, USD)
Nov 15, 2019
12 posts
11 upvotes
minimalist wrote: I did not get "Promo 939" on my Shell receipt yesterday when I bought a GC and presented the appropriate coupon from the booklet.

The Shell I go to just looks at coupon, does not scan and manually inputs 939 and it shows on receipt. He said coupons had wrong info.
Oct 8, 2015
783 posts
396 upvotes
can anyone confirm if buying 1x $10 amazon gc also counts (assuming $10 denomination is available..)?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8439 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
naticom wrote: can anyone confirm if buying 1x $10 amazon gc also counts (assuming $10 denomination is available..)?
Yes they do
The ONLY GC Exclusions as per the Offer on the STB Website = www.shoptheblock.ca
Are the ones for Shell itself

GCs can be in any denomination
BUT there is a max of Bonus Miles per transaction
Read the OP and TIPS & TRICKS for this thread for more info
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2490 posts
1203 upvotes
naticom wrote: can anyone confirm if buying 1x $10 amazon gc also counts (assuming $10 denomination is available..)?
I have never seen a $10 amazon GC at Shell. But if you are in Ontario, you could buy a $25 LCBO GC and use it for a second offer.
Feb 18, 2013
138 posts
96 upvotes
Ottawa
I opted in earlier on, filled up 25 litres on two occasions and never got any bonus miles or indication on the receipt that it was in the works. I gave up.

Went and used a coupon just now, cashier said it won't work, he called Shell this morning, was told the entire system across all Shell locations was having issues and to keep the receipt blah blah.

I guess this won't be easy.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8439 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
OMCA2013 wrote: I opted in earlier on, filled up 25 litres on two occasions and never got any bonus miles or indication on the receipt that it was in the works. I gave up.

Went and used a coupon just now, cashier said it won't work, he called Shell this morning, was told the entire system across all Shell locations was having issues and to keep the receipt blah blah.

I guess this won't be easy.
FYI ... this is the SHELL RETAIL - instore Shopping Thread
(car washes, lottery tickets, gift cards etc)

The SHELL RETAIL - GAS Offer is found here
national-shell-retail-gasoline-5-bams-w ... h-2329316/
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4454 posts
2085 upvotes
Shell is one of the worst when it comes to these AM promotions. The same coupon I printed as of late and worked at one station would not scan at another station. Cashier was also clueless, when it couldn't scan I asked him to enter the code, he did not read instructions, just entered the exact code on the coupon and it didn't work of course. I will have to come back another time to buy a gift card and hopefully it works next time
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2490 posts
1203 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: Shell is one of the worst when it comes to these AM promotions. The same coupon I printed as of late and worked at one station would not scan at another station. Cashier was also clueless, when it couldn't scan I asked him to enter the code, he did not read instructions, just entered the exact code on the coupon and it didn't work of course. I will have to come back another time to buy a gift card and hopefully it works next time
Not arguing about the ongoing inconsistency of Shell and AM, but at least the receipt includes the magic words, and also the description online:
SHOP THE BLOCK FUEL OFFER +5
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11208 posts
8439 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@ihearyou POST RELOCATED to the correct STB 2019 Thread by Points Hubby - December 14th
ihearyou wrote: Does non-Shell Gift Card still counts toward STB for the Spend $10 or more on almost anything? I purchased a $25 gift card and only see 2 miles posted to my account "EVERYDAY IN-STORE OFFER".