2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

BC/AB/SK/MB/ON/NT - SHELL RETAIL - 5 BAMs WUS $ 10 or more in store on almost anything (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11144 posts
8361 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ihearyou wrote: Does non-Shell Gift Card still counts toward STB for the Spend $10 or more on almost anything? I purchased a $25 gift card and only see 2 miles posted to my account "EVERYDAY IN-STORE OFFER".
Yes it does...
But unlike the current SHELL RETAIL GASOLINE Offer
It’s not an opt in one ... you have to show the STB 2019 Coupon

AND most importantly
The Cashier has to get it punched in properly to the register :rolleyes:
LOTS of issues with that in ALL Shell AMs Promotions

There have been other reported issues as well
So you might want to read thru this thread
Especially the TIPS & TRICKS Section

As well, at times SHELL has been known to BATCH POST
So there also might be that happening
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4425 posts
2069 upvotes
Did anyone notice Shell posting their AM now takes a day or 2 longer than previously? I did gas fill-up and bought a GC on Wednesday, today neither account has posted the BAM even though I had STB the BAM printed on the receipts. It used to take 2 days but last couple of times, I noticed it was 3 or 4 days
Jun 20, 2006
43 posts
17 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought $15 Tim Horton GC from Shell on Nov. 24th. The miles are still not posted. The attendant did scan the coupon, and the receipt showed PROMO 939 on it. Funny thing is the PROMO 939 showed as a separate line and cost $0.01 so my receipt total was actually for $15.01, and that was the amount charged to creditcard. Anyone else has the same experience? And it's been three weeks, no sign of the 5 BAMs.
Nobody is perfect. I am nobody.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2488 posts
1202 upvotes
bengbeng918 wrote: I bought $15 Tim Horton GC from Shell on Nov. 24th. The miles are still not posted. The attendant did scan the coupon, and the receipt showed PROMO 939 on it. Funny thing is the PROMO 939 showed as a separate line and cost $0.01 so my receipt total was actually for $15.01, and that was the amount charged to creditcard. Anyone else has the same experience? And it's been three weeks, no sign of the 5 BAMs.
Yes, only one out of many in-store purchases had .01 added on the 939 line, also on Nov 24, so it might be specific to the date or to the station, as it was the only time I shopped at that particular Shell. I got the miles within a few days as expected. Since you didn't, it may be worth to chat with AM, so you don't need to wait 120 days.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11144 posts
8361 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bengbeng918 wrote: I bought $15 Tim Horton GC from Shell on Nov. 24th. The miles are still not posted. The attendant did scan the coupon, and the receipt showed PROMO 939 on it. Funny thing is the PROMO 939 showed as a separate line and cost $0.01 so my receipt total was actually for $15.01, and that was the amount charged to creditcard. Anyone else has the same experience? And it's been three weeks, no sign of the 5 BAMs.
As I stated in Reply # 61 above
Sometimes, especially during AMs BIG BONUS Events, Shell is one of the AMs Partners who choose to BATCH POST
That may very well be the hold up on seeing your BAMs POSTED
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11611 posts
3552 upvotes
Toronto
When did Shell stop carrying SDM GCs?

Went to Richmond Parliament none, went to Spadina/Front none so I tried buying a Canadian Tire but the poor cashiers didn't know how to scan/sell it me

Maybe I'll just have to buy some overpriced soda or candy bars (before Dec 27!)
Apr 20, 2016
224 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
jenviea wrote: When did Shell stop carrying SDM GCs?
I bought one yesterday in Ottawa. There were about 30 on the rack so YMMV
Dec 13, 2017
59 posts
38 upvotes
When did Shell stop carrying SDM GCs?
Bought some SDM GCs 4 days ago at Shell in Victoria, used them on Saturday.
Sep 5, 2018
28 posts
17 upvotes
Just wonder ... Can i redeem miles for GC at shell ? Thanks!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11144 posts
8361 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
dyingfool wrote: Just wonder ... Can i redeem miles for GC at shell ? Thanks!
Nope ... from Shell’s website
STEP FOUR Redeem AIR MILES Cash

Get $10 off at the pump or instore (excluding tobacco, gift cards and phone cards) for every 95 AIR MILES Cash Miles redeemed. You can use AIR MILES Cash Miles in $10 increments up to $60 per transaction. Maximum 5 transactions up to $300 per day at Shell or $750 per day across all AIR MILES partners.
https://www.shell.ca/en_ca/motorists/lo ... -cash.html

Not unusual, cuz of scammers & fraud, most Loyalty Programs have very strict rules surrounding GCs
Nov 9, 2013
691 posts
208 upvotes
Vancouver
akaManny wrote: Yes, only one out of many in-store purchases had .01 added on the 939 line, also on Nov 24, so it might be specific to the date or to the station, as it was the only time I shopped at that particular Shell. I got the miles within a few days as expected. Since you didn't, it may be worth to chat with AM, so you don't need to wait 120 days.
I did a transaction last night and it also added .01 to my bill when she scanned the coupon. The receipt doesn’t show anything about 939 promo on it and only shows 1am earned, though I did hear the barcode scan when she scanned it.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11144 posts
8361 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Trophy23 wrote: I did a transaction last night and it also added .01 to my bill when she scanned the coupon. The receipt doesn’t show anything about 939 promo on it and only shows 1am earned, though I did hear the barcode scan when she scanned it.
That 1 cent thing is something I have found at several Retailers when they ring thru a coupon
Be it $ 0.01 added on
Or $ 0.01 deducted (Costco.ca does this if you punch in your Aeroplan info to earn points on the purchase)

So, I would say ...
Your coupon did indeed go thru

My Shell Retail STB Offer POSTED very quickly
BOTH the Base Miles + the STB 5 BAMs
Apr 20, 2016
224 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa
WiseShopper2019 wrote: many threads are to advertise some store's sale or promotion.
Uhh, maybe this isn't the place for you.

I appreciate @PointsHubby's efforts to keep STB discussions in the appropriate threads.