BC Hydro Customers Only: Free energy saving kit

Deal Link:
Savings:
100% off
Expiry:
December 31, 2019
Retailer:
BC Hydro
I just got an energy savings kit from BC Hydro. As long as you are a customer and your household income is under a certain level, you qualify.

From the website/link,
If you live in an income-qualifying household, you can get a free energy saving kit delivered right to your door. Energy saving kits can help you make your home more comfortable and energy-efficient all year.

Each kit includes simple, energy-saving products that you can install yourself. The products will help you seal up drafts in your home, save on your lighting costs, and reduce your home's water use.

The kit contains:
LED bulbs
Weatherstripping to reduce drafts around windows and doors
High efficiency showerhead
Water-saving tap aerators
LED night light
Fridge and freezer thermometer

Step-by-step instruction guide to help you install each product.
You'll be able to customize your kit based on your specific needs through our application process.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
3964 posts
3669 upvotes
Vancouver
It's strange how the website doesn't say whether your income needs to be over or under those amounts to qualify.
18% = GTA residents as a proportion of Canada's total population
97% = chance that an RFDer lives in the GTA when he posts something location specific, without giving a location

Were you hit with surprise customs/import fees on an Amazon.ca purchase?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2838 posts
1274 upvotes
Everywhere
I think they will give it to anyone. The number might be to try to restrict it to lower income households - my assumption. They are relying on honesty to prevent a run on the program. There is no way for them to verify for income.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 17, 2008
8882 posts
2011 upvotes
We are paying into that donation fund anyway. 50c per 2 months. I think they were saying theres a few million per year from it.
Feb 4, 2007
440 posts
189 upvotes
I did this last year. They don't need proof