Green / Eco-Friendly

BC: More energy-saving incentives to come?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2019 1:58 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1279 posts
430 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…

BC: More energy-saving incentives to come?

With the LNG project apparently (and unfortunately) still alive, a lot more electrical power is going to be needed. A most-likely-to-be-overbudget hydro dam is going to have to generate power but I wonder if it is going to be enough?

I posted that BC Hydro and Fortis (the natural gas deliverer, and electrical provider in some places) recently upped some energy-saving incentives. I don't have a complete pre-28 Sept 2018 incentive list and a post 28 Sept 2018 list but I do know that attic insulation maximum rebate is $900 now and was $600 before. Not sufficient enough for me to have a contractor do it though.

Just wonder if more and higher incentives will come along. Thoughts?
Almost too cheap to shop through RFD
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1939 posts
685 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
Well with Weaver sitting in the co-pilot's seat you would think energy-saving rebates and incentives would be coming fast and furious, so maybe he's just a lame duck. He kind of rolled over on the Site C dam, which was nice of him.
Diversity is Our Burden
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2008
1975 posts
774 upvotes
Victoria
poleman wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 10:09 pm
Well with Weaver sitting in the co-pilot's seat you would think energy-saving rebates and incentives would be coming fast and furious, so maybe he's just a lame duck. He kind of rolled over on the Site C dam, which was nice of him.
1000x This.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1279 posts
430 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Supposedly an announcement at noon today.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
1279 posts
430 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
Announcement was dud for consumers.

One change in the Hydro and Fortis rebate I noticed was for hot water technology. IIRC, the incentive before late September 2018 was for tankless heaters. Now it's for hybrid heat pump heaters which doesn't make that much sense in a colder environment.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)