• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2018 2:53 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Newbie
May 30, 2013
6 posts
Vancouver

[BC] Suntel networks

Anyone Use their service? Any comment? Are they same as Ciktel?

They are offering $39.99/mo For tv/phone/25m Internet unlimited
86 replies
Member
User avatar
Nov 7, 2008
403 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
What sort of internet connection is this? Are they reselling Telus ADSL or Shaw Cable connections? And how does the TV work?
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 1, 2005
804 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm not sure how Suntel is, but if anyone's looking for a (marginally) less sketchy alternative, AEBC has similar pricing ($40/25Mb, $70/60Mb), minus the homephone. They have an android app for tv that lets you watch a handful of channels for free, but premium channels have to be paid for.

http://www.aebc.com/residential-services/ciphertv/
Newbie
Mar 31, 2013
67 posts
15 upvotes
alpha_tot wrote:
Jul 5th, 2015 1:08 am
I'm not sure how Suntel is, but if anyone's looking for a (marginally) less sketchy alternative, AEBC has similar pricing ($40/25Mb, $70/60Mb), minus the homephone. They have an android app for tv that lets you watch a handful of channels for free, but premium channels have to be paid for.

http://www.aebc.com/residential-services/ciphertv/
How's the service of AEBC? Do they have frequent down time? Thanks.
Member
Aug 5, 2007
304 posts
94 upvotes
Vancouver
I wouldn't order their service based solely upon the fact there is no English on their website, I would rather pay more
Member
User avatar
Feb 27, 2003
436 posts
139 upvotes
Langley
bobbytomorow wrote:
Jul 5th, 2015 3:10 am
I would rather pay more
for what?
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)
Member
User avatar
Dec 22, 2014
241 posts
99 upvotes
Richmond, BC
bobbytomorow wrote:
Jul 5th, 2015 3:10 am
I wouldn't order their service based solely upon the fact there is no English on their website, I would rather pay more
That means they are a legitimate Richmond business.
Member
User avatar
Feb 27, 2003
436 posts
139 upvotes
Langley
bobbytomorow wrote:
Jul 5th, 2015 4:01 am
uh for tv/phone/Internet, obviously
But you'd already be getting that for $39.99.. why would you *really* be looking elsewhere to pay more?
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 9, 2005
4068 posts
1241 upvotes
Vulcan, AB
This thread doesn't belong in this forum.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 6, 2008
3022 posts
774 upvotes
BC
Russell wrote:
Jul 5th, 2015 3:38 pm
This thread doesn't belong in this forum.
I disagree. Seems like it could be a hot deal and the more RFDers who dig into it the more info we will have on it.

That said, for now it does seem pretty sketchy.
Member
Aug 5, 2007
304 posts
94 upvotes
Vancouver
xphile wrote:
Jul 5th, 2015 2:56 pm
But you'd already be getting that for $39.99.. why would you *really* be looking elsewhere to pay more?
I already stated why in my first post, there is no English on their website therefore I would rather pay more than to use them as a provider. This is Canada, if an ISP in Canada cannot use our official languages then as an English speaking Canadian I will bring my business elsewhere.

Is that clear enough for you?

Top