None
Oct 4, 2010
361 posts
98 upvotes
Surrey
The tech installed the TV APPS by plugging his USB into my android box
Jun 5, 2016
1 posts
I've used Surf since they launched as Iaak. I'm on it along with over a half dozen family and friends. I've never had a service interruption with them whereas with Telus/Shaw I did have issues at my old place. I just heard shaw is raising rates again and I'm happy I jumped off of them when I did since a $139 monthly bill for Shaw 25 & ok tv package was getting ridiculous.
Mar 2, 2004
277 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone have a problem where the the audio would go on/off every 10 secs or so? It seems to happen mostly with the Fairchild channel. I'm using a Shield TV and they said that they couldn't help since it wasn't their box and that other customers that do have it doesn't have the problem.
Feb 8, 2015
65 posts
9 upvotes
White Rock, BC
redrage wrote:
Jun 28th, 2016 7:32 pm
Anyone have a problem where the the audio would go on/off every 10 secs or so? It seems to happen mostly with the Fairchild channel. I'm using a Shield TV and they said that they couldn't help since it wasn't their box and that other customers that do have it doesn't have the problem.
Try a custom ROM... most of these stock Android ROM sucks and buggy with video streaming..

Frankly, it might be easier to just go ebay and buy one for $30-$40 USD..
Oct 8, 2007
37 posts
4 upvotes
New Westminster
Just signed up today for this. Got fed up with Shaw's pricing. They'll be setting it up on Saturday. Will let you guys know how it goes!
Aug 22, 2013
1 posts
Hi, I know this thread is quite old, although if I can continue the conversation I am also looking for a new provider and interested in Suntel cable. Currently I'm having a horrible peering service with Shaw that's causing stream lags in Netflix. I've googled this problem and found that it's caused by the ISP routing. Would someone using Suntel be able to run and post a traceroute of their service to show me whether I would be using the same peering routes as Shaw? would be very much helpful and appreciated, thanks.
Feb 8, 2015
65 posts
9 upvotes
White Rock, BC
where do you need the traceroute to?
May 12, 2017
10 posts
what asian channels do they have? do they give your fairchild for free?
Oct 4, 2010
361 posts
98 upvotes
Surrey
Yes there is Fairchild. But they got live streams of 60 to 100 Taiwan/China and HK channels which makes Fairchild look like a crappy channel. I suggest you go to Sunte's store front in Richmond to see for yourself.
May 12, 2017
10 posts
80 bux for a shaw activation fee is a bit steep here. I am currently with TekSavvy. Anyway to get around that? I hope their store staff can either speak English or Cantonese because I don't plan to use my broken Mandarin. ;)
Oct 4, 2010
361 posts
98 upvotes
Surrey
yes they can speak those languages. You get those fees like install and deposits waived if you sign up for 2 years. but for me, 2 years is too risky. We just go for one year. Those fees are minimal if you compare it to Shaw and Telus monthly fee, so just look at the big picture of what you are saving in comparison.

Their home phone is not that great, but we don't rely on it anyway. Internet is stable, and the TV relies on the internet since it's streamed via Android box. You can install your own android boxes if you have other TV's, they will put in the tv app for you.
May 12, 2017
10 posts
Definitely on the risky side! Especially on their asian tv service, highly doubt it will last long. TBH, It doesn't sound legit to me. However, their internet charge is cheap enough to bite the bullet.
Feb 8, 2015
65 posts
9 upvotes
White Rock, BC
As far as I know, they provide legit China content.. I upgraded my parent home to their latest package that has Damai TV (a lot of China channels, on demand movies, drama, and shows).. and now including 600 minutes of long distance minutes to few asian countries.. good for my parents..

ps, got upgraded to AC router too with 60M internet..

Being using them for over 2 years now so I would not hesitate to signup for 2 year package for myself and families..
SnipperX wrote:
Jun 8th, 2017 10:47 pm
Definitely on the risky side! Especially on their asian tv service, highly doubt it will last long. TBH, It doesn't sound legit to me. However, their internet charge is cheap enough to bite the bullet.
May 12, 2017
10 posts
I am finally on board. Using the Daimai TV Box, a lot of "buffering" watching TV. On WIFI, connection is stable to me. Does anyone experience hiccups with their TV service lately?