• Jan 18th, 2014 8:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh

Beats Music Service - Launches Jan. 21, 2014

https://beatsmusic.com/

Is anyone else surprised and not that excited that the same people who brought you Beats by Dre Headphones are launching a music service next Tues Jan. 21?
So beats took their headphone and electronics money from monster /HTC to launch a digital music streaming service. They claim that it will be different because it will have custom playlists and mixes curated by popular DJ's and celebrities? Not sure they plan to survive in the over saturated market that already has: itunes, google play, tunein, spotify, songza, last.fm, rdio, pandora, Iheartradio, etc

Not sure why they would think they could compete giants like , wouldn't they be better off selling overr piced headphones?

I also wonder isn't it a conflict of interests being that one of the co-owners or beats music is also the CEO of Interscope records? Won't they just use the platform to promote their own artists

Beats Music won’t have a free tier. It’ll cost $10 a month, with a special for AT&T customers of $15 a month that includes five family members and 10 devices. This is an anomaly in a field where almost every service offers a free way in for listeners.

Waiting to see what they come out with, I doubt I'll be getting a subscription.
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)