Home & Garden

Beaumark BBQ. On sale at The Bay 20% off + scratch and save. Are they any good?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2009 3:17 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 14, 2007
209 posts
3 upvotes

Beaumark BBQ. On sale at The Bay 20% off + scratch and save. Are they any good?

Are those manufactured by a known BBQ company and rebranded for The Bay? Are they any good?

Thanks!
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2009
1460 posts
83 upvotes
Moncton
I would also like to know this since I'm looking for a good BBQ.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2003
4450 posts
1221 upvotes
A Place to Stand
I have seen a few in store, and they always looked terrible to me. I have no idea as to reliability etc in real world scenarios, but judging by what I have seen and comparing to what is out there, I would certainly stay away from these.
Feb 5, 2007
462 posts
44 upvotes
I'm stuck on Broil King. Great heat, especially the smaller ones. Also, long term great customer service here in Canada. Order parts direct etc. etc.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2007
3201 posts
242 upvotes
Which Beaumark BBQ is on sale OP? Do you have a link? A scan of the flyer? Anything? This doesn't look like a HOT deal to me, more like a shopping discussion. IBTM! :D
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1914 posts
41 upvotes
I've had a Beaumark stainless steel BBQ since summer of 2004 and still going strong and haven't had any problems. I paid around $300 after taxes after some scratch and save event back than. Going to probably use it tomorrow since I am having some friends and family over for my birthday :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
7046 posts
809 upvotes
I would go with a Broil King. Good service, good BBQs, OEM parts everywhere, made in Canada.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
267 upvotes
Kitchener
kool1 wrote:
May 30th, 2009 9:18 am
I would go with a Broil King. Good service, good BBQs, OEM parts everywhere, made in Canada.

+1

They just exchanged the burner after 4.5 years for FREE and now is like having a brand new BBQ.

Broil King is the way.

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
Dec 29, 2007
229 posts
36 upvotes
I've had mine for 3 years with no problems, I really like it. Had a small dent in the door when it arrived, they sent me a new door in about a week.
Jun 6, 2007
3 posts
I found out that these are made in Quebec but cannot find anything on what kind of warranty they carry. Does anyone know how long it is??
Aug 24, 2003
64 posts
2 upvotes
I have a stainless steel Beaumark BBQ (manufactured by Grillmate: 4 burners, side stove, infrared rotisserie), though I can't remember the BTU.

It is by no means a high end barbeque. That being said, I bought it new off of eBay. It turned out to be missing some parts, but the manufacturer did ship out and replace them for free.

It heats up VERY quickly. I am very satisfied in its so-far 2yr performance.

No, it doesn't perform and probably won't last like a $2000+ BBQ, but for the price I think it is pretty good.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
1914 posts
41 upvotes
jesterj wrote:
May 30th, 2009 11:52 am
No, it doesn't perform and probably won't last like a $2000+ BBQ, but for the price I think it is pretty good.
I'm just curious but how long does a $2000 BBQ last?

I was looking at the price of replacement burners. They are so expensive and for the price to replace all 3 of my burners I could very well be halfway to another decent BBQ. I can say I am quite happy with my Beaumark considering it is 5 years old and I know it will make it through at least this summer. I can justify spending $50 per burner if my BBQ was $2000 but when it is < $300 I don't think so. :mad:
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2003
1298 posts
14 upvotes
jesterj wrote:
I have a stainless steel Beaumark BBQ (manufactured by Grillmate: 4 burners, side stove, infrared rotisserie), though I can't remember the BTU.

It is by no means a high end barbeque. That being said, I bought it new off of eBay. It turned out to be missing some parts, but the manufacturer did ship out and replace them for free.

It heats up VERY quickly. I am very satisfied in its so-far 2yr performance.

It makes sense that it is manufactured by grillmate considering that zellers sell many grillmate models.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2001
3785 posts
267 upvotes
Kitchener
jesterj wrote:

It heats up VERY quickly. .
And this is a good thing ?... maybe if it was a Wok not a BBQ.

It is not worth getting irritated, it is not worth it.... Wish everyone happiness, and you yourself will be happy.
× < >