• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2018 9:50 am
[OP]
Dec 3, 2009
59 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa

Beaune France - Wine Tasting

Visiting Beaune for a few days in early July. Anyone visit and have any recommendations on vineyards or vineyard tours?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
4137 posts
2175 upvotes
Base info
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaune_wine

When learning about wine regions new to us, our go to is Jancis Robinson (Cerified Wine Master) and her books ... particularly the one entitled “Wine Course: A Guide to the World of Wine” ... a must have for any wine lover’s home library

But even just googling her name and the region... in this case Beaune, France (a sub region of Burgundy) will bring up several great articles she has written on the area.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
29518 posts
4959 upvotes
Ottawa
Most wine shops will have tastings but, if you want the experience, then search your are for wineries then pick one or two for a tour.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4110 posts
238 upvotes
Check out the Burgundy (Bourgougne) tourism site.
I've poked around there in the past and remember seeing links for tours and a list of wineries that are open to the public.

From what I've heard of Burgundy in general, you need to make appointments prior, moreso if you're not in the wine trade.

Good luck!
I'm looking for a NZ Silver Fern Kiwi coin! :)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1519 posts
551 upvotes
I went two years ago - we rented bikes and toured the wineries that way - they have a great bike path that goes through many different wineries and little towns - it is stunning. We then took a wine class afterwards to learn more about the different regions and wines. They also do blind tasting.(I would recommend this also). If I was to do it again(which we will) I would sign up for a guided wine tour that way you can get into the actual wineries vs. just tasting. Some good restaurants in the area but not a lot - make a reservation well in advance.

This looks fun:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_ ... Comte.html
[OP]
Dec 3, 2009
59 posts
10 upvotes
Ottawa
great advice. Our problem is there are so many options! I'm leaning towards a half day tour and then rent a bike for a day and explore. Was there any restaurants you would definitely recommend?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1519 posts
551 upvotes
bmacallister wrote:
May 15th, 2018 8:35 am
great advice. Our problem is there are so many options! I'm leaning towards a half day tour and then rent a bike for a day and explore. Was there any restaurants you would definitely recommend?
Do a tour - you can’t go wrong - bike/van etc. If you do a van tour then rent bikes and peddle the vineyards and towns. The bikes have a basket on the front so you can buy wine and transport it. If you want to go deeper also do a wine class. We did one in town so we could walk back to our room. Can’t remember the name. As for restaurants - you can dine at all different level of budgets including Michelin Star. In Europe as you may know Yelp is not big so look at tripadvisors for some receomendations. Book in advance and worst case you can always cancel - easier to cancel vs. having not options.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)