Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10326 posts
515 upvotes
trini wrote:
Jan 31st, 2017 7:40 am
Emma Watson = Shwing!
This movie looks fantastic however John Legend = Failure
Not a fan of John Legend but he was also part of La La Land which is having high praise right now and had one of the biggest love songs in recent memory with All of Me
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
1840 posts
82 upvotes
This is looking good. Better than the previous trailer, me thinks.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8104 posts
1649 upvotes
Toronto
I've only heard a bit of the redone theme and Ariana seems to be imitating Dion.
She should just do her own thing
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2006
4287 posts
703 upvotes
Mississauga
Emma Watson's singing is very good. I can see why she was a front runner for the role in La La Land. But having seen La La Land and thoroughly enjoying it (mind you, I don't think Emma Stone's singing was that great), I can't picture a better combination than Stone/Gosling for that film.

Nevertheless, I think Beauty and The Beast will show off her vocal skills quite well and allow her to shine. Looking forward to this movie.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22771 posts
4655 upvotes
GTHA
TV Spot Trailer - Academy Awards (2017)

Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22771 posts
4655 upvotes
GTHA
Will this effect box office earnings?

The director of the Beauty and the Beast reveals the live-action film will feature Disney’s first openly-gay character.
Dec 22, 2014
441 posts
89 upvotes
Regina, SK
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 12:05 pm

The director of the Beauty and the Beast reveals the live-action film will feature Disney’s first openly-gay character.
If it is a small moment that doesn't really impact the movie I don't see an issue with it - except for the fact that it would kind of seem unnecessary. If it is overdone and in anyway intrusive on the original story I could see people having a problem with it. They are delivering a live action remake of something people know and like/love - and people don't often like these things changed in any manner. Even people fighting for diversity come out to challenge similar types of changes. If it comes off more like a Mr. Smithers vibe in the Simpsons, that would probably be the right balance.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
1522 posts
291 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:

i hope not!... i've heard comments from some narrow-minded people already, saying they are not taking their kids to see the movie so they would not get "ideas" on their heads

i've been watching straight couples kiss on the big and the small screen since I was a small kid, and that didn't make me heterosexual
:) Love is too beautiful to be hidden in the closet ;)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22771 posts
4655 upvotes
GTHA
tk1000 wrote:

Disney faces backlash for gay character

Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1038 posts
144 upvotes
I always assumed LeFou was gay. I mean, the entire Gaston song was LeFou proclaiming about everything he loved about Gaston, from muscles to how manly he is.

People are overreacting juuuuuust a bit. :)
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jul 30, 2010
570 posts
86 upvotes
This joke wasn't mine (I read it somewhere but don't remember) but it was a remark about how some people are protesting about a gay character in the movie, yet are totally fine with a tiny woman falling in love with a buffalo.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel