• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2017 9:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1170 posts
162 upvotes
It was an okay movie. The original songs were performed well (favourites were Belle and Kill the Beast). I didn't find the new songs as fun as the old ones. Interesting how they filled in the gaps with those new scenes, but I felt some scenes really dragged.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16237 posts
1048 upvotes
Woodbridge
My only complaint. It could've been shorter.

Too bad I couldn't get my nieces and nephews to watch it. They haven't seen the original either. :(

Emma Watson, the entire cast was amazing but I'm still going back and forth on whether Emmy Rossum would've been better. I love the Music it really carried the film.

If you've seen the original it's hard not to watch this. If I can talk these kids into it I have no problem watching it again.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7934 posts
777 upvotes
Ottawa
I thought it was good. Agree that the added scenes compared to the original didn't really add much for me, but overall it was a good adaptation of the original. Musical bits were good and cast/acting was engaging.

I honestly really don't get the whole "deal" that was made before the movie came out about "Lefou" being gay. It literally was covered for all of 5sec in the movie; there were allusions throughout but I mean nothing that could be constituted as "an agenda".
Sep 4, 2016
680 posts
327 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:26 am
Let’s not mince words: Beauty and the Beast is a terrible movie
It vainly attempts to pretend there's something there that wasn't there before.

https://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/ ... ble-movie/
Unfortunately, I have to agree with this review - I hated this remake of Beauty and the Beast. It has none of the charm of the original Disney movie (the only animated movie to ever be nominated for a best pictue Academy Award). Despite a budget of $160 million, I found the production design to look cheap and overdone. The CGI of the beast's face and his movements (especially at the end when he was scrambling around on the roof) were well below average for today's technology. I didn't think Emma Watson suited the role and didn't have a good enough voice to do justice to the songs. And worst of all was the needlessly stretched out story - it's 45 minutes (!) longer than the 1991 original. This was one of the worst and certainly the most disappointing movies I've seen this year. 1/5.
Oct 27, 2016
176 posts
33 upvotes
Emma Watson, she is my childhood love. Coming weekend going to watch with my friends.