• Nov 20th, 2016 12:18 am
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 25, 2008
635 posts
19 upvotes
edmonton

Becoming a volunteer (PRC)

Hi i am in process of applying to become volunteer in scout network.

i am given PRC letter and told to deal with it at york region police station, do i expect to pay any $ for requesting PRC?
Typically how long will i stay there for whole process ?

Tx
TC
5 replies
Jan 8, 2009
718 posts
371 upvotes
GTA
I believe it's $30 if you're a volunteer and/or student and you have a letter. You go to the Police Customer Service Station at 10720 Yonge Street. How long it takes will depend on how busy the station is but we were in and out in 5 minutes for my daughter.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2008
635 posts
19 upvotes
edmonton
Hi i went to police station at yonge and major mac. officer said i dont do it there, and said i could apply it online ( did not provide specific webpage) and pick up order later at my selected location.

But i cannot find the page, i only see downloadable word doc. Any one has any idea?
Jan 8, 2009
718 posts
371 upvotes
GTA
love0715 wrote: Hi i went to police station at yonge and major mac. officer said i dont do it there, and said i could apply it online ( did not provide specific webpage) and pick up order later at my selected location.

But i cannot find the page, i only see downloadable word doc. Any one has any idea?
I gave you the address. It's not a police station. It's a customer service location right before Elgin Mills on Yonge Street.
Oct 15, 2008
171 posts
69 upvotes
Windsor
Looks like this is the information from Toronto Police: http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsm ... arance.php You cannot use the online application process provided by Toronto Police as Scouts Canada requires you to get a vulnerable sector check (which from TPS's website cannot be done using their online PRC process).
In addition, Scouts Canada also uses a process *once you have a valid PRC the first time* that will allow you to get an updated PRC without visiting the Police Station - its called Backcheck.
Hope that helps!