• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 1:20 am
[OP]
Jan 13, 2015
19 posts
3 upvotes
Springbrook, AB

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Neato Botvac D5

If you're like me and have been following the prices of a good robot vac for awhile but couldn't justify the expense for a good one, this one was good enough for me to jump on. Yay.
As I'm sure many of you get regularly, I recently got a 20% one single item at BBB. This coupon is excluded from a long list of top brands but Neato is not one of them!

The D5 is currently on sale for $649 CAD (normally $749). With the 20% coupon (which only works in store), I paid a total, after 5% tax, of $545.99. A total savings of $230 (~31% discount), not bad.
You can do the same type of thing with the D3, the D5's little brother, if you want to spend a little less.
Last edited by FrancoD29 on Nov 12th, 2017 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
3902 posts
847 upvotes
How's the battery on these Neatos these days?
My old VX can barely finish half a room before needing a recharge
May 13, 2017
8 posts
5 upvotes
My old VX ate batteries. Not only did they need charging during their run, but the batteries had just over a one year life span.

My Botvac is almost 3 years old and vacuums the whole house on one charge, and the battery is still the original.
My first one was either a lemon, or Neato has upped their game.

edit: I forgot to mention I bought it from Bed Bath & Beyond.
Apr 10, 2017
377 posts
99 upvotes
Who's the current king of the robot vacuums? I'm seeing more and more choices and getting more and more confused.

I'm a Dyson guy but no way I'm buying the Eye for its price.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2830 posts
826 upvotes
AB
Your deal link goes to Neato Botvac D85, not D5. Please fix it.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2830 posts
826 upvotes
AB
hey OP, did you find the D5 in store? I'm searching in Calgary and it shows "Not Available" in any local stores.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2015
19 posts
3 upvotes
Springbrook, AB
That's what I'm wondering. Never found very good info online. I can let you know. If it doesn't do a good job on the carpet I'll return it.
[OP]
Jan 13, 2015
19 posts
3 upvotes
Springbrook, AB
Nope. Not available anywhere in Calgary so I went in store and they ordered it for me and applied the coupon.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2830 posts
826 upvotes
AB
FrancoD29 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 10:42 pm
Nope. Not available anywhere in Calgary so I went in store and they ordered it for me and applied the coupon.
So order in store with the coupon and they will deliver to your home address, right?
Jun 23, 2012
22 posts
1 upvote
BRAMPTON
Hey, I am interested in purchasing this, does anyone have an extra 20% coupon that can PM me? Thanks in advance.
Jul 25, 2015
369 posts
151 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Eudoria wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 11:53 pm
Hey, I am interested in purchasing this, does anyone have an extra 20% coupon that can PM me? Thanks in advance.
Just sign up to their newsletter or check your mail.
Jun 23, 2012
22 posts
1 upvote
BRAMPTON
I've signed up last night, still haven't received anything
May 13, 2017
8 posts
5 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:47 pm
How does this thing do on carpets?
Further to my comment above: except for the kitchen and bath, my home is all carpet.
I'm always surprised how much dirt it finds, even when the place looks clean.
Twice a year I run a regular vac around the entire house, but I don't do under the furniture, like the Neato does.
If I let it loose in the kitchen, it picks up stray dogfood too. But usually just give kitchen a quick sweep because it's faster.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2830 posts
826 upvotes
AB
Was going to buy this Neato, but not so sure anymore. Seems that the laser sensor is not sturdy enough long term.
Great thing is BBB return policy is great, so keep your receipt if the vacuum breaks too soon.