• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 1:20 am
Jul 25, 2015
370 posts
154 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ciuvak wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:24 pm
Was going to buy this Neato, but not so sure anymore. Seems that the laser sensor is not sturdy enough long term.
Great thing is BBB return policy is great, so keep your receipt if the vacuum breaks too soon.
I have a D85 and the laser sensor broke at 10months. I didnt have a receipt but luckily Neato provided free return and gave me a new unit. Not sure how long this unit will last. I use it about 3-4 times a week.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2833 posts
827 upvotes
AB
Sinasta wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:50 am
I have a D85 and the laser sensor broke at 10months. I didnt have a receipt but luckily Neato provided free return and gave me a new unit. Not sure how long this unit will last. I use it about 3-4 times a week.
Thanks, I noticed in a few reviews same issue. The LIDAR parts that move wear out eventually. It's hard to make a long lasting LIDAR system but still keep the cost of manufacturing low, so Neato does what it can. This could be the reason why some other brands decided to map using cameras, nothing to wear out, but of course other disadvantages, like bad performance in low light. Eventually, technology will figure out the best way to navigate a house...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

rudyzhou2