Expired Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 8-pc knife block set $168

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2019 10:39 am
[OP]
Apr 25, 2017
527 posts
401 upvotes
Richmond Hill

[Bed Bath And Beyond] ZWILLING J.A. Henckels Four Star 8-pc knife block set $168

Hi,

I was shopping for Zwilling Four star or Five star block set and found this. After 20% off online coupon it is $167.99 before tax.

Update: if you use incognito window in the browser to get to their homepage, you will be able to sign up and get the 20% off online coupon.

Last edited by RobbieL3164 on Jan 17th, 2019 9:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
124 replies
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
2073 posts
734 upvotes
Mississauga
amazing deal even if you consider the chef knife, shears and block. Rest are practically free. If I didn't already have some of them, I'd grab it. Thank goodness this didn't come before Christmas lol
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1446 posts
272 upvotes
thanks! I've been meaning to get this block for couple of months now and this is the lowest I've seen.
I like the four star grip than the five star grip and I was able to snatch the santoku knife on zwilling sale for like 50 bux so I'm set :)

Lowest in Canada before this was 179$ at William Sonoma Canada + shipping only that was like 15 or 20$ I think.
In the US, it was often going for 149$ USD at zwilling and many other sites, now at 199$ USD but I read something about it being 119$USD once at cutleryandmore.

damm. I didn't realize the coupon they are sending out is in-store only :( well that sucks..
[OP]
Apr 25, 2017
527 posts
401 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jessicacha wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:25 am
thanks! I've been meaning to get this block for couple of months now and this is the lowest I've seen.
I like the four star grip than the five star grip and I was able to snatch the santoku knife on zwilling sale for like 50 bux so I'm set :)

Lowest in Canada before this was 179$ at William Sonoma Canada + shipping only that was like 15 or 20$ I think.
In the US, it was often going for 149$ USD at zwilling and many other sites, now at 199$ USD but I read something about it being 119$USD once at cutleryandmore.

damm. I didn't realize the coupon they are sending out is in-store only :( well that sucks..
If you signed up their 20% off coupon before, try using this link to see if you have offers:
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/c ... gistration
Mar 13, 2010
80 posts
22 upvotes
I bought these back in November but returned them because I felt that the grips were a little bit too slippery for my liking.
May 30, 2016
54 posts
33 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
I have the three piece set. I like these knives. I actually end up using the utility knife more than the paring knife. Can't go wrong with this as a beginner mid range set.
Nov 23, 2017
238 posts
585 upvotes
Great deal. I like a good knife but the upkeep on some of the really fancy ones is a little too much for me (read: I am a careless monster and I destroy fancy knives).

At this price point I can afford to use (read: destroy) these without too much guilt.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2009
2089 posts
547 upvotes
Whats the difference between the 5 star and 4 star models?

After picking up the three Five Star knives from Air Miles a couple weeks ago, I kind of want to complete the set.
Last edited by flash67 on Jan 9th, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 26, 2007
619 posts
355 upvotes
flash67 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:19 am

After picking up the three Five Star knives from Air Miles a couple weeks ago, I kind of want to complete the set.
Four Star are only 3/4 tang. Five star are full tang. Handles are a different style too.
Last edited by Flunk on Jan 9th, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 30, 2009
412 posts
193 upvotes
GTA
kimwoobingsu wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:18 am
Great deal. I like a good knife but the upkeep on some of the really fancy ones is a little too much for me (read: I am a careless monster and I destroy fancy knives).

At this price point I can afford to use (read: destroy) these without too much guilt.
Buy a chefschoice sharpener and you will always have sharp knives. Able to grind out minor dings to edge.

European knives like these have a 20 degree angle on the edge. Japanese knives are 15 degree; slice through things easier, but also more fragile and you can destroy the edge easier by being careless (generalization, depends also on more factors).
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1999 posts
543 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
jessicacha wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:25 am

flash67 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:19 am

Difference is handles. I've got a few of both 4 and 5 star and have no preference of one vs other.