Hot Deals

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star 8-Piece Knife Block - $199.99 ($159.99 with in-store coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 6:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1059 posts
232 upvotes
Winnipeg

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star 8-Piece Knife Block - $199.99 ($159.99 with in-store coupon)

Zwilling® J.A. Henckels Four Star 8-Piece Knife Block (made in Germany)

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... our%20star

This is the lowest that I've seen for the 8-piece Four Star Zwilling Henckels block set. The Bay now has something similar (the block is slightly different) for around $250.

Note: please don't start comparing this to Henckels knives made in Spain, Vietnam, etc.

Bed, Bath and Beyond also has some other knife block sets available. For example,
Zwilling J.A. Henckels Five Star 8-Piece Knife Block Set (https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... ryId=23657) for $269.99 is not bad either.

In order to get additional 20% off (so the price becomes $159.99+tax which is an unbelievable price for this set), go to the store with a 20% off coupon (either from a flyer or for signing up for emails), and ask somebody there to place an online order for you and apply this coupon (thanks go to @warpdrive for this pro tip).

EDIT: the set is now sold out...

EDIT 2: and it's back in stock now.

EDIT 3: and it's out of stock again.. the pattern is likely to continue, so check back often or use "Notify me when this item is available" link to get an email when this is back in stock.
Last edited by mbmbkop on Nov 26th, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 6 times in total.
92 replies
Sep 12, 2017
277 posts
22 upvotes
Do these have to be professionally sharpened at some point? Curious if the 20% discount if offered and if it can be added to this deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1059 posts
232 upvotes
Winnipeg
reggyDeal wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 6:19 pm
Do these have to be professionally sharpened at some point? Curious if the 20% discount if offered and if it can be added to this deal.
From what I know, those do not have to be professionally sharpened but, of course, can be. The set comes with TWIN 9" Sharpening steel, so this should be enough if you take good care of these knives (no dishwasher, for example).
Can't comment on the 20% discount (the set is not available in my local store, and most BBB coupons are for in-store purchases). If it can be added to this, the deal will be very hot.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2803 posts
1571 upvotes
Markham
That's not a bad price at all I think about the same as the Henckels warehouse sale? While Four Star is not much to look at, it's ergonomic.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10749 posts
1752 upvotes
Ottawa
Pro Tip:

Join their email list and you'll receive a 20% coupon.

Take this coupon into the store and flag down a salseperson and tell them you want to order something from the online and apply the coupon. They should be able to do it for you at one of their terminals. (I've done it twice). The coupon has MANY exemptions but I don't believe this item would be a problem (exemptions are like Vitamix, All-Clad, Dyson etc).

Capture.PNG
Last edited by warpdrive on Nov 26th, 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honey, I can't go to bed yet. Somebody is wrong on the Internet!
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10749 posts
1752 upvotes
Ottawa
reggyDeal wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 6:19 pm
If you use the sharpening steel and keep honing it regularly, no. But the steel won't be able to restore a very dull knife, so that's why you need to use stones (either you or a professional)

And yes, you SHOULD be able to use the coupon
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2006
6660 posts
1793 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
warpdrive wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 6:54 pm
If you use the sharpening steel and keep honing it regularly, no. But the steel won't be able to restore a very dull knife, so that's why you need to use stones (either you or a professional)

And yes, you SHOULD be able to use the coupon
My brother was able to keep his 4-star set relatively sharp for 20 years with regular use of the steel... keep in mind that my brother uses his knives a lot. Of course, I sharpened them for him about 3 years and he did find them much sharper so they do need to be sharpened every so often even if you use the steel religiously.
Aug 20, 2008
278 posts
57 upvotes
GTA
Purchased this using 20% in store coupon... Great deal for German made knives. Thanks OP.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1059 posts
232 upvotes
Winnipeg
freebies53 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 8:36 am
Purchased this using 20% in store coupon... Great deal for German made knives. Thanks OP.
Did you actually buy this set in store, or did you ask somebody to place an online order for you using the in-store coupon? Also, was it the coupon from the flyer, or the one that was sent by email for joining their email list?
Congratulations, by the way. $160+tax is an unbelievable price for this!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1059 posts
232 upvotes
Winnipeg
By the way, the set is now out of stock online.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
1187 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto
great set for 160, made in germany and forged. I bought a few individual knives from this line for my parents
Aug 20, 2008
278 posts
57 upvotes
GTA
mbmbkop wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:05 am
Did you actually buy this set in store, or did you ask somebody to place an online order for you using the in-store coupon? Also, was it the coupon from the flyer, or the one that was sent by email for joining their email list?
I went in store and ordered with them from the kiosk... I've done that before with online items without an issue - free shipping to the house too!
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10749 posts
1752 upvotes
Ottawa
luvdadeals wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:32 am
Saw this while browsing the now sold out knife block set. It is "two man" but knives made in Vietnam. Still good value for Steak Knives? https://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/p ... k%20knives
there is another thread about this. I bought this.,...good set of knives for sure with the coupon. You can pay more for the same knives without the box. https://www.zwilling.ca/product/contemp ... steak-set/
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
10749 posts
1752 upvotes
Ottawa
mbmbkop wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:05 am
As I stated above, you go in store and have somebody order it for you. And they can apply the coupon. You can talk to any person and they'll do it for you. The coupons are all the same, flyer or email, it doesn't matter. Has to be in stock of course, which now seems like it isn't