Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bed Bath And Beyond

Classic game consoles $49.99 plus 20% off coupon

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2014 2:28 pm
Nov 23, 2006
171 posts
69 upvotes

[Bed Bath And Beyond] Classic game consoles $49.99 plus 20% off coupon

Bath Bed and Beyond has these cool classic game consoles with 60 - 92 built in games selling for $49.99.

Consoles include

SEGA Genesis http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/s/sega
Intellivisionhttp://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/pr ... me+console
ColecoVision http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/pr ... me+console
Atari http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/store/pr ... me+console

Check your weekly flyers or sign up for their newsletters and you can find/receive a coupon for 20% off any one single items (in-store use only) - which brings it to $39.99.

Not a bad deal if you are into retro gaming or looking for a cool stocking stuffer/Secret Santa gift.
47 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
The Genesis one plays the original cartridges too.

This part makes me nervous: Features 40 built-in 16 bit Sega Games, plus 40 bonus games, for a total of 80 built-in games

Probably meaning a lot of crappy games on it too.

Watched some reviews... The thing is... Eeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh... OK.

The sound on the thing is ALL messed up though (talking Genesis system)
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3332 upvotes
Canada
... still have a Nomad new in the box. :)
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
Never thought I'd see a BB&B thread in the Video Games section...
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
The fact that it doesn't do emulation that well is a bit of a turn off. These things would be worth the money if the emulation was good. The other thing is that the wireless controllers use IR. So you always have to be pointing them at the console to work.
Not sure about the other ones, as I've only done my research on the Genesis console. 40 of the games are genesis emulated games, while the other 40 are independent made games... so yeah. You're probably better off getting the ultimate genesis collection for PS3, 360 or PC in this case.
Jan 5, 2008
181 posts
56 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I picked up the Genesis. Atari, and Intellivision ones in the US for about the same price. They are pretty fun. The "Bonus" genesis games are garbage though.

One note, they all connect with RCA with one audio so make sure you have a TV that supports it.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Actually the other systems have more positive reviews. The Atari one seems to be the best. Emulation is good!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2004
5083 posts
2804 upvotes
Edmonton
Farmhouse wrote: Actually the other systems have more positive reviews. The Atari one seems to be the best. Emulation is good!
No Pitfall!? Blah!
Apr 5, 2005
350 posts
521 upvotes
HELL
Big HELL NO from me on these, they are just crappy bubbletop SOC's, even with the cartridge port on the genesis most original carts don't work properly on it without major issues.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3332 upvotes
Canada
No Smurfs on Colecovision version .. checking out now
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
You won't find any commercially licensed games on these. So no Smurfs, Star Wars, ET, etc, etc...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3332 upvotes
Canada
I remember being abandoned at The Bay as a child while my mom went grocery shopping once a week on week days when it was dead at the mall. I'd sit in The Bay playing their demo unit, it always had that Smurfs game in it. It was totally awesome. I don't know how long it went on for (weeks, months, etc), but I never forgot.

Incredibly awesome and challenging at the time ... every time I'd just get a bit further. :)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2005
2597 posts
585 upvotes
GTA
raspeed wrote: I remember being abandoned at The Bay as a child while my mom went grocery shopping once a week on week days when it was dead at the mall. I'd sit in The Bay playing their demo unit, it always had that Smurfs game in it. It was totally awesome. I don't know how long it went on for (weeks, months, etc), but I never forgot.

Incredibly awesome and challenging at the time ... every time I'd just get a bit further. :)
Remember back in the day demos had a timer so they would reset every 5-10 mins to allow others kids to play.
Nov 23, 2006
171 posts
69 upvotes
JordyRamone wrote: How do I get the coupon?
Typically they include one in the weekly flyer they distribute to homes or you can sign up for their newsletter online and they will email them out on a regular basis.
Deal Guru
Feb 2, 2011
10185 posts
5573 upvotes
Toronto
aZian_ wrote: Remember back in the day demos had a timer so they would reset every 5-10 mins to allow others kids to play.
Remember when no kids were around and it reset anyways and you had to start over?
Mar 4, 2010
25 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton AB
JordyRamone wrote: How do I get the coupon?
Just type in Bed Bath and Beyond discount coupons in google search and it will bring them up, you just have to print them off and take into store.
Mar 4, 2010
25 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton AB
Nice price considering I got my Atari 5 at Visions for $68 + tax.
Apr 25, 2010
230 posts
46 upvotes
Ottawa
I've got to buy that ColecoVision Flashback. My all time favorite console is the ColecoVision and the games on it are some of my most beloved titles. The other three don't interest me.
Emoticons are for losers.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)