• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2006 5:02 am
Tags:
None
Banned
Feb 16, 2006
998 posts

Being a Real Estate in Vancouver

I'm just wondering if becoming a Real Estate in Vancouver is a good idea now since the business is booming.

Are there any RE's on here from Vancouver?

Any advice?
19 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2006
1054 posts
253 upvotes
Mississauga
If you become a building or a piece of land, you lose your mobility, thus your freedom. :razz:
Nov 18, 2005
114 posts
ive heard that the market is gonna slow down for the next few years.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
Kinda late to get into the real estate market. Prices are already high.

Like I said in the other thread, Vancouver's real estate market is a bubble because there's no underlying income to support it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5603 posts
2005 upvotes
Toronto
becoming real estate? :confused:
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2002
1608 posts
479 upvotes
gei wrote:becoming real estate? :confused:
Genetic mutation?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2005
2986 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
I think he means real estate agent....

I'm not in the business myself, but I know a lot of people who made a fortune being a real estate agent. Best way to start off after you get your certification is find someone who is already estabilished and work under them. You will get a lot more customers this way, then eventually you can go independent or just continue working under them. Stay away from the ones in the realestate new with 1/2 the property marked "sold", it just means they don't sell a lot of houses.
Feb 12, 2006
729 posts
6 upvotes
how long does it take to get a certification??

a year?
Jan 18, 2005
408 posts
83 upvotes
Bargain_Junkie wrote:I'm just wondering if becoming a Real Estate in Vancouver is a good idea now since the business is booming.

Are there any RE's on here from Vancouver?

Any advice?
Generally, it's going to be disappointing for you to become a Real Estate right now in Vancouver. Chances are you will be bought high, and in the next few years, sold for much less than you're worth. So unless you're in it for the long haul, maybe settle for becoming a nice piece of waterfront property in the gulf islands.
Banned
Dec 29, 2005
2181 posts
2 upvotes
PurpleTiger wrote:Generally, it's going to be disappointing for you to become a Real Estate right now in Vancouver. Chances are you will be bought high, and in the next few years, sold for much less than you're worth. So unless you're in it for the long haul, maybe settle for becoming a nice piece of waterfront property in the gulf islands.
:lol:
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
2973 posts
302 upvotes
remind me please to never make a grammer error on these boards ! ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2003
3006 posts
208 upvotes
Well if you miss out a keyword like agent...twice!...prepare to be mocked.
Apr 18, 2003
77 posts
Vancouver, BC
how much and how long for people to become an agent?
Banned
Feb 16, 2006
998 posts
I heard the business will be booming after 2010, i'm not planning on doing this as my primary job but maybe a job to the side.
Banned
Dec 29, 2005
2181 posts
2 upvotes
Bargain_Junkie wrote:I heard the business will be booming after 2010, i'm not planning on doing this as my primary job but maybe a job to the side.
Clients usually want you to work around their hours, not your own hours.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23196 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
Bargain_Junkie wrote:Where would you do the realtor course in BC? I heard it's held at UBC?
I heard UBC offers real estate courses in their commerce department. Though if you're getting into real estate, you probably need to turn this into your full time job. I don't think you'll have much success doing this part time.
Banned
Feb 16, 2006
998 posts
Houses sell themselves in Vancouver these days.

So the course is at UBC? How many real estate courses are there? Cause I heard you can sell store property and other property???
Jul 15, 2003
7 posts
To become a real estate salesman requires taking a correspondence based course and an exam. The time required is based on how fast you work, it is a fair bit of reading.

To become a real estate agent requires being a salesman for 2 years, and another course. The difference between an agent and a salesman is an agent can start and manage a real esatate company, where as all the salesman for the company represent the broker/managers and do most of the listing and sales.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)