Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

10GB Data + Unlimited Minutes for $85 With 2 year activation and new phone

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2018 10:03 am
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
andreid wrote: Not really in-the-money as you are locked in.
In the next two years, there is a high probability that 10GB will cost less than $60 considering that Unlimited data is widespread in the U.S.
How many missed the 10/60 offer because they were locked in a contract?
Me. My contract is done in August.

I typically have always been on contracts. The 3 year cycle was perfect for getting new phones... well it was more like 2.5 years as I always qualified for 6 month early phone upgrade. So whenever I upgrade, I get the latest and greatest... But this time around, the next iPhone doesn't look like it'll be anything special... just bigger. Also it seems like a bunch of Chinese companies are leading the way in bezel-less technology, so I'm willing to wait to see what Samsung offers at the beginning of 2019. M2M is perfect for me starting in Sept.
Aug 15, 2010
13 posts
5 upvotes
andreid wrote: Not really in-the-money as you are locked in.
In the next two years, there is a high probability that 10GB will cost less than $60 considering that Unlimited data is widespread in the U.S.
How many missed the 10/60 offer because they were locked in a contract?
i meant, keep the 10/60 plan, buy a sub $700 phone outright -> in the money
and yes you're right 10gb will most likely cost less in two years so it's not worth the switch
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
Cenetry wrote: I am torn , using an LG G4 and it has gotten pretty laggy lately (I am sure I could go a reset to "fix" it, but sure it would happen again over time), love the 60$ / 10GB plan , adding on an additional $25 / m for a new phone doesn't seem like that bad of a deal overall.
take that 600 bucks and buy a great phone outright. so pointless losing your solid 60 dollar plan
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
2684 posts
3199 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: WOW! I'm with Rogers, still using an LG G4, paying only $45 + $7 for voicemail plus and voicemail to text service. ($52 a month plus tax)
text is unlimited,
but I only get 500 minutes daytime with evenings starting at 5pm and unlimited weekends starting at Friday 5 PM.
ALSO (the real catch) only 500mb of data each month.
Sux, but what do I expect for only $52 + tax per month right? lol

Less than a year ago, Rogers offered me the same $85 deal (still being offered) but I'm not sure if I want to spend the extra money, since 10gb of data seems to be the only real benefit of change...
(even though they also threw in unlimited Canada wide calling-I rarely go over 500 minutes anyway)
you are insane. switch to zoomer wireless. it uses Rogers network. no difference in reception. the real difference is price. 36 bucks a month gets you unlim texting, 400 anytime minutes, unlim evening and weekends, and 3gb of data a month. just wow....
Oct 27, 2016
81 posts
98 upvotes
karnige wrote: take that 600 bucks and buy a great phone outright. so pointless losing your solid 60 dollar plan
Yeah, I'm not going to do it. My LGG4 holds up well enough and I can just live with the lag for now. The $60 / 10GB plan is too good to pass up. I would love to switch my wife's line over to it (provided it is offered again this Christmas) but I just got her Pixel XL in Sept 2017 on contract, so depending on the pay off amount if the 10gb plan is offered again, I might just buy it out and switch over to it.
Nov 23, 2011
15 posts
22 upvotes
CALGARY
I also got the text from Bell for the Promo $85 10Gb data and Unlimited Canada wide text and talk. Called Bell at the 1-800 number to confirm and they did confirm it is $85 data plan promo Eligible for upgrade to the iphone 8 for zero dollars and iphone 8 plus for $129.00 . But in store only. So i called a local retail Bell store (Market Mall) they advised me that they had the iphone 8 in stock. So i drove down to Market Mall, met up with the Bell sales Rep. I told him about the text promo and what Bell had told me to do. The rep told me that the $85 promo doesn't apply to smartphones because it wasn't on the tier. I was like are you seriously kidding me i was told by Bell and confirmed by Bell that the upgrade and promo plan this is what i will get. He refused unless i go with the $110 phone plan. So i refused and walked away quickly, called up Bell at there 1-800 number, spoke to a lady and told her about the situation and about that retail bell store. She doesn't know why the retail store refused and was confused. She told it shouldn't had been a problem to upgrade and get the promo plan. She advised me to call retail support and gave me a number to call. So i did and the guy advised me that the mass text Bell had sent was early and not everyone in retail were notified about this promo yet. He apologized and said hopefully the promo plan will be available Friday of this week or sometime next week. I told them why send out a mass text to your customers when you guys aren't even ready or on the same page.....So now i wait.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So you add $25 a month plus taxes and times it by 24 = $678, which is basically great if your phone is either iPhone 8 or Samsung S8+, or similar (which it will not be). But after the 24 months does your plan remain $85 a month or does it go down too $60? Because I'd hate it if I still had to pay $85 a month after 24 months!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Nov 23, 2011
15 posts
22 upvotes
CALGARY
I think after 24 months you would have to re-negotiate your plan, Hopefully by that time they would have another deal or promo. But if you don't yes you would be paying $85 after 24 months.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4501 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FkNDuMa wrote: I think after 24 months you would have to re-negotiate your plan, Hopefully by that time they would have another deal or promo. But if you don't yes you would be paying $85 after 24 months.
Then Bell's plan sucks! Because with Koodo after you pay off the TAB your back to your basic plan, Freedom as well. Why do Robellus do this?
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Feb 4, 2017
77 posts
14 upvotes
got a text for 70/month for 6gb data and unltd talk and text with a phone upgrade in BC. Anyone know if iphone 8 is eligible for this?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
karnige wrote: you are insane. switch to zoomer wireless. it uses Rogers network. no difference in reception. the real difference is price. 36 bucks a month gets you unlim texting, 400 anytime minutes, unlim evening and weekends, and 3gb of data a month. just wow....
Zoomer does not include voicemail to text messaging and it's only basic voicemail for that price.
$52 minus 12% brings me close to that price. (it would be $36 plus $7, if Zoomer offers voicemail to text and premium voicemail)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
x-batman wrote: In general what you’re saying makes sense. BUT there are times when getting a subsidy is so worth it.

eg. during Christmas I got free iPhones, $200-$200 in Costco cash cards per iPhone and $360 in bill credits spread out over 24 months ($15/month per phone). At that point what am I going to do? Save $20-25 a month and buy each iPhone outright for $1000 - $1350 per phone or take advantage of the offers available. So no, I wholeheartedly disagree with your statement. Done properly subsidy is the way to go.

Supporting math (all before taxes)

Subsidy
Monthly cost for 7 phones total over 24 months
$14,280
Upfront phone costs (all phones included AppleCare+, price after applying all gift cards)
$1353
Total monthly discounts over 24 months ($360/phone for 7 phones)
($2520)

Total obligation over 24 months
$13,113

Without subsidy

7 phones at $60 each total over 24 months
$10,080

7 iPhones we’ll go with the cheapest 7 available at $739 each WITHOUT AppleCare+ and without the phone of choice for everyone - budgetarily constrained.
$5173

Total obligation over 24 months
$15,253

So crappier phones and paying $2140 more over 24 months.

In conclusion timing is everything and subsidy can definitely work out better than month to month.
Im referring to the situation that led to me finding out about RFD, If I look at the big picture, I'm probalby spending more money... on a lot of other things, just not with Bhell
Signature removed due to rule violation
Sep 17, 2007
924 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: This sucker also gets a 12% discount. Discounted from the $52, so don't call me sucker yet! Wait until the near future when Rogers gets rid of that 12% discount plan...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rogers/comment ... nt_ending/
But why pay double to Rogers when you can get exactly same things for half the price?
Also have you heard about the over usage charges?
Jun 15, 2015
5 posts
Nanaimo, BC
Has anyone been able to get this deal in British Columbia?
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1293 posts
1643 upvotes
ottawa
hvwozq wrote: If you cannot buy a $500k house by paying cash all at once, then you do not live in a $500k house. As simple as that?
It's more reasonable to say if you can only afford a $300k house, don't try to buy a $600k one. That simple!
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
DARSHAKJUST4U wrote: But why pay double to Rogers when you can get exactly same things for half the price?
Also have you heard about the over usage charges?
I am not paying double. I have voicemail to text. I value that very much.
Where do you get half the price from anyway? I'd love to pay half of $52 for everything I currently have with my LG G4, or half of $85 with a brand new S9 Plus. lol (IF I ever do upgrade my phone)
ALSO
If I switch from an LG G4 to an S9plus It's the exact same $85 deal as Bell and, fyi Rogers had the deal first, long before Bell.
Last edited by playnicee1 on Jun 22nd, 2018 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2015
1595 posts
1210 upvotes
Nanaimo
Bell is a horrible company.
Sep 17, 2007
924 posts
844 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote: I am not paying double. I have voicemail to text. I value that very much. Where do you get half the price from anyway? I'd love to pay half of $52 for everything I currently have with my LG G4, or half of $85 with a brand new S9 Plus. lol
ALSO
If I switch from an LG G4 to an S9plus It's the exact same $85 deal as Bell and, fyi Rogers had the deal first, long before Bell.
if you were loyal to Koodo in the same way you are with Rogers then u would have $40 6gb unlimited Canada calling and voicemail etc. Their phones are worth half the price then retail value (Rogers). And of course lots of threads here that have stores with gift cards on top.
There...
Now if you want voice mail or Bugatti veyron then you have no option but to go to the store that's selling it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)