• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2011 6:27 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 2, 2006
562 posts
Richmond Hill

[Bell] Bell ADSL price match

I tried to match Bell ADSL to Acanac, wasted at least an hour being toggled from one dept to another, anyways, they would not do. Some people may have been lucky but not me, they started giving me bs about Bell being under regulation that infact forbids them such a business practice/ Long story short, the best offer was a 24 month contract with first 4 at 29.95 +tx, and the rest at 34.95+tx. Thinking about giving Acanac a shot.

Bell :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
590 replies
May 4, 2005
18 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
You should have tried harder. I didn't get a price match either. Same crap about government regulations.. but they did give me the first 3 months at 24.45 +tx and the remaining 9 months at 29.45 +tx for a 1 year contract.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2003
1299 posts
93 upvotes
I called in yesterday to get my contract renewed and the best they could give me is 3 months at 29.95 and 9 months at 34.95 for a 1yr contract.
Jan 6, 2005
59 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
im on acanac now, the speed is not as consistent as bell

but majority of the time i can get 4 - 5 mbit connection going, so im happy

and the price they advertise includes taxes already for acanac
Feb 9, 2006
758 posts
31 upvotes
Ontario
I wouldnt pay anymore than 30 a month on a 1 year contrat or no contract. You should be able to get this no problems
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2003
2125 posts
35 upvotes
Montreal
correct me if I'm wrong, but bell have made download caps on new contract...right?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2006
1041 posts
89 upvotes
They only cap you if you don't sign a contract with them. Once you are in at least a 1 year term, bandwidth is still unlimited. I had a talk with one of the Bell reps a few weeks ago when they first brought in the caps and that's what I was told.

vpower wrote:
Jan 9th, 2007 1:29 pm
correct me if I'm wrong, but bell have made download caps on new contract...right?
Jan 5, 2004
415 posts
56 upvotes
vpower wrote:
I just renewed yesterday at $30 for 1 year. The CSR actually make sure
my contract has no indication of the download cap (30G?) on it. He said
sometimes, the cap is stated in the contract. So, beware!!!
Jul 1, 2005
539 posts
45 upvotes
Burlington
Why stick with Bell on those terms? 1stAccess / Teksavvy offer better prices. Their service is rock solid, dependable and very fast.

op
[OP]
Apr 2, 2006
562 posts
Richmond Hill
vpower wrote:
yeah, it is 30 gb a month
Feb 9, 2006
758 posts
31 upvotes
Ontario
Anyone that has been with sympatico before should be able to get that cap eliminated!
[OP]
Apr 2, 2006
562 posts
Richmond Hill
jdsubs wrote:
Jan 9th, 2007 12:52 pm
You should have tried harder. I didn't get a price match either. Same crap about government regulations.. but they did give me the first 3 months at 24.45 +tx and the remaining 9 months at 29.45 +tx for a 1 year contract.
I will definitely try it again tomorrow but this time if it doesn't go through I will cancel it. I guess there just wasn't enough determination in my voice that I'm ready to quit.
Nov 25, 2002
693 posts
128 upvotes
Ottawa
I second the props for TekSavvy. Just signed up this week, and their CS department seems really helpful and knowledgable. Had to call back the next day to get the shipping guy (had a problem getting my modem), and I got everyone's name, including a nickname even. Made me feel that I was not talking to some faceless corporate structure, but to actual people that were trying to help.
Mar 21, 2006
703 posts
Windsor
2 months ago i called bell to price match acanac, they didnt want to price match. after talking for about 20 min, they gave me an offer $20/month for first 3 months, and then 24.99/month for the next 6 months, without a contract, can cancel any time. Yet for past 5 days my inet wasnt working at all, someone took out my dsl card or something at the main box.

forgot to mention that my cap was 60gb a month, so thats not bad
× < >