Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

Bell ADSL price match

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 18th, 2011 6:27 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 4, 2005
261 posts
74 upvotes
My GF has been complainig to me for monts bcause she pays ~40$ for her sympatico. I told her Billions of times to call and call and call bell till they accept a better deal. She finally did call!

Without a fuss, she got first mo. free, next 5 mo at 20$ and remaining 6 mo at 32$. Not bad for her first try!
Jan 13, 2005
981 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
Mulder and Scully wrote: I've been with Sympatico for over 6 years now and the best they offered me was $34.99/month. I mentioned my long history with them (I went through the $44/mo price, $49/mo, 20GB caps, 1mbit speeds, 3mbit speeds, etc) as well as how their offers to new customers are never offered to old customers (12 mo of free Xbox Live, $100 Bell GC, $200 FS GC, etc) but customer service didn't care at all.
Call another CSR, I have been able to get better deals than that every time. Try again.
Sep 16, 2004
178 posts
Toronto
I called them a few times and they keep insisting that they cant get rid of the 30gb cap :(

Looks like no bell for me!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1549 posts
269 upvotes
I renewed back in October for another year at $30/month, no cap. It was a continuation of my deal from last year. I called last year after my 6 months trial offer and told them if they couldn't pricematch the 3 competitors I know that offer better prices that I'd cancel. The CSR said they couldn't so I told her to cancel my service. Two days later another CSR called and asked why I cancelled. I explained I shouldn't pay more than what other ISPs were charging and that I'm LOW maintenance (IT savy) so I didn't care that the others didn't have the excellent customer support that Bell provided (*puke* yeah, I know I was BS'ing).

Anyway, for those with them for 6 years, I'm sure if you were to cancel that someone would call you to come back.
Sep 16, 2004
178 posts
Toronto
i just cencelled my high speed with rogers after 3 mont trial. They couldn't go below their $40+plus tax margin. I have cell, cable and home phone with them. I am not happy :) I have to look for new provider :)
Jan 19, 2006
35 posts
11 upvotes
I signed up with Acanac at $18.95 per month for DSL, up to 5m/s. The catch is I have to pay 12 month in advance and 50 deposite on the modem. What interesting was, at the beginning, I had a problem with the modem, I placed a tech call with Acanac and a Bell rep returned my call to resolve the problem. So is Acanac = Bell ?
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
2409 posts
1354 upvotes
FLYRCM wrote: I signed up with Acanac at $18.95 per month for DSL, up to 5m/s. The catch is I have to pay 12 month in advance and 50 deposite on the modem. What interesting was, at the beginning, I had a problem with the modem, I placed a tech call with Acanac and a Bell rep returned my call to resolve the problem. So is Acanac = Bell ?
No, but the problem was from bell lines not from acanac
Feb 27, 2007
723 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
Hello,

Sorry but sometimes they forget to post. We will remind everyone again that it is important.

Thank you
Sandro H.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
REPORT: pm'd To Acanac:

First rep I spoke with wouldn't give me ANYTHING.

Called back and dealt with a person who was HEAVEN compared with the previous who was HELL.

Received without much explanation, but a bit of searching on the reps behalf the following.
  • 1-3 free
  • 4-6 16.95
  • 7-12 24.95
  • 13-24 26.95
I would like to say. I have NEVER spoken with someone as professional and tactful as this person. Well done!!! My Faith in Bell has been reaffirmed!!!

Guess someone loves me up there.

oh and got 2 months free ultimate pkg on our EV. :D
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
tonychouca wrote: [IMG]http://i15.tinypic.com/2dvpjeq.jpg[/IMG]
I got this Ban Level charge. anybody know what's ban level adjustment ?
BAN = Billing Account Number

If you have multiple services on a BAN, you could receive charges and credits for EACH sub-service...or a BILL/CREDIT for the BAN collectively.
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
Mar 13, 2007
186 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks to this forum, I was able to improve my Bell experience ;-)

I signed a contract 2.5 years ago, then just continued with them paying $45/month, and recently they upped it to $47/month!

I called them and spoke to a rather nice girl. First she told me everyone has a 30Gig cap now, then when I told I KNOW it's not the case and I should not have a cap - confirmed that indeed I don't have a cap. She offered $34.95/month with 1-year contract, no cap. I said I know people that are paying $29.95. She went to the supervisor, returned and said that there are no more $29.95 contracts anymore, but she can manually adjust me for $29.95 for first 6 months, then $34.95 for the rest. Maybe that's not the best deal, but it sure beats $47 I was paying! I wasn't really prepared to leave because of no cap and very good REAL speed I have here.
Roman Lando

web designer, composer, sci-fi author
Roman Design - award-winning Toronto Web Design Studio
My Science Fiction books [FREE promo]: RomanLando.com
My prog rock band: 7times
My Canadian Flight Simulator MSFS2020 Scenery
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
RomanDesign wrote: ......Maybe that's not the best deal, but it sure beats $47 I was paying!....
Bravo! That's all it boils down to eh?

Congrats.
Apr 16, 2006
701 posts
3 upvotes
Just curious whether any of you would ever RECORD your conversation with Bell reps. Hell, enuf of us are complaining about the horrible experience of false promises and their denials of making any such promises. Why isn't anyone doing something about it like recording the dahm conversation? :D
mcgillhonger wrote: Actually, the next time my contract with Bell is up for renewal, I'm almost certain I will be recording the conversation with the Bell CSR.

I also got tired of the back-and-forth, he-said-she-said, see-saw battles after Bell didn't honor our original commitment over the phone. Only after hours (I'm not joking.. hours) of dealing with Bell CSR's did I finally get my plan back to where it was.

Even then, I realized a month later that they capped me off at 30GB instead of the unlimited that was promised originally. I got tired of waiting for an hour on the phone while at work so I've decided to let it go and just live with it for one year.

But like I said, I'll be recording my next contract negotiation session with the Bell CSR, asking for a CSR #, as well as asking for an email specifying the details of the verbally-agreed-upon contract.

Does anybody know of any laws against recording these conversations? If not, I'd also like to know what ideas you have for recording phone conversations? Any nifty gadgets out there that do that?

I'm tired of complaining and dealing with Bell CSR's hours on end. It's time to be proactive and take the initiative!
Sep 14, 2004
42 posts
Called 2 months ago and got a very touch guy that time. Won't do anything enen I threatened to cancel. Called today and the CSR I talked to is very nice and helpful. I got: 1 year contract, 19.9x for first 6 months, 24.9x for the rest 6 months. Unlimited bandwidth. Best deal I can find.
Good luck to anyone who is looking for a good deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
I actually did record several calls to Bell customer service.
This did not stop them from reneging on previously promised deals, even after I played back for them the recording of my previous call.

My first recording had the CSR explaining the details of the promised deal ($19.95/month for c) and her name, Natasha.
When the bill came as $34.95+tax I called customer support and I played them the recording. They had the guts to call me a liar and said that it could have been one of my friend posing as Natasha in the recording.

In my second recording, I had the CSR clearly explaining the details of the promised deal ($19.95/month for 5meg unlimited service), then even saying her name, agent number, service ticket number and the date and time of the day.

Later when the bill again came at $34.95 + tax, I played this to another Bell CSR; they still claimed that no record of the conversation or ticket number existed in the system and that there was no one with that name and agent number in their office; at least he did not call me a liar and admitted there might be some CSR with that name somewhere between Halifax and Bombay.

By that point I was ready to strangle someone but in the end we settled to a one year contract at $24.95 per month for 5meg unlimited service. I asked him to repeat slowly all the details of the deal, name, badge number, etc. I asked for his permission to record this but he did not agree to be recorded. I recorded him anyway: in Canada it is legal to record a phone conversation as long as at least one party to the conversation is aware of the recording being done.

For the past two months the monthly charges have been showing correctly as $24.95 +tax.
Overall, the absolute worst customer service experience in my life.

mcgillhonger wrote: Just curious whether any of you would ever RECORD your conversation with Bell reps. Hell, enuf of us are complaining about the horrible experience of false promises and their denials of making any such promises. Why isn't anyone doing something about it like recording the dahm conversation? :D
Apr 16, 2006
701 posts
3 upvotes
Yees... finally some feedback on this! :) Thanks for the advice. Good to know that it's legal as long as one party is aware the conversation is being recorded.

Wow, they actually accused you of being a liar, eh? I'd be pressed to ask politely to be transferred to a supervisor if this was the case.

I wonder what legal recourse there is if Bell refused to honor the original deal and you clearly had a legit recording of the original offer (assuming the CSR didn't give you a fake agent #...).

It's a shame the consumer can get shafted so easily in these matters. Hmm.. what about asking them to email you a copy of the deal before you agree to it over the phone? I don't know. There's gotta be a way for consumers to better protect themselves from these deliberate bait-and-switch techniques.

Shame on Bell.. for an organization this large, I can't believe their CSR's can resort to such low-life methods of generating revenue.
ahoroba wrote: I actually did record several calls to Bell customer service.
This did not stop them from reneging on previously promised deals, even after I played back for them the recording of my previous call....
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Actually I asked and did get an email from Bell (see below). The problem is that most of the deals offered lately by Bell are "under the table", structured at full price with rebates, or with $5-$10-$15 "retention credits" manually aplied by CSRs every month. My deal at $24.95 is on paper as $34.95 with a $10 monthly credit. This is a recipe for abuse and cash grab for Bell. If, at any later time, their accounting department shouts "We are short of the revenue target this quarter!", you can be sure that thousands of such credits can be conveniently forgotten, knowing that a large percentage of the bilked customers do not bother to check their bills, or lack the energy and time to spend several frustrating hours on the phone again with rude CSRs telling them " there is no record of such deal being promised to you".

It is truly sad and unbelievable that Bell stoops to such a low level to make an extra $10 per account. I pity the poor CSRs that have "lie and deceive" as their job description; I hope that long term psychiatric therapy is included in their health plan.

This is the email they send:

Welcome to Bell Sympatico High Speed Internet Service

This e-mail is sent as confirmation of your order on 2/4/2007 for the Bell Sympatico High Speed Internet service under our 12-month contract offer.

Under the terms of the 12-month contract offer you will pay the monthly rate of $34.95/month for 12 months. Monthly rates include access and modem use. Early cancellation of your service before the end of the 12-month term will result in an early cancellation charge of $100.00. At the end of the 12-month term, the service will continue on a month-to-month basis and you will be charged the current regular monthly rate for the service at that time. Currently, the regular monthly rate for the service is $46.95/month.

Please click on the "Agree" link below to confirm the above information. By clicking on the "Agree" link, you are also indicating that you are of legal age and have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Sympatico High Speed Service Agreement and you agree to delivery of the contract documents and notices in electronic form. We recommend that you print and save a copy of this email and the Service Agreement for future reference.

If you have any questions regarding your Internet Service Provider or the terms and conditions of this Service Agreement, you may contact Bell Canada, Sympatico Member Services, at P.O. Box 70092, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 2M3 or by e-mail to assistance@sympatico.ca.

Thank you.

mcgillhonger wrote: Hmm.. what about asking them to email you a copy of the deal before you agree to it over the phone? I don't know. There's gotta be a way for consumers to better protect themselves from these deliberate bait-and-switch techniques.
Apr 16, 2006
701 posts
3 upvotes
Wow, ahoroba, thanks for all the insight! Guess it's impossible to negotiate reasonably with Bell... I'll still try everything nonetheless. Doesn't hurt to cover all my bases. Record conversation, ask for email, CSR #, deal #, etc...

Cheers,

mh