Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bell

[Bell] $480 Bill Credit - Valentines day Offer

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 9:36 pm
Nov 6, 2019
19 posts
51 upvotes

[Bell] [Bell] $480 Bill Credit - Valentines day Offer

Hello Mates,
Yesterday I visited Superstore and found below deal. I need your opinion that is this really good deal or should I wait longer to get IPhone 11 Pro Max

If you move from SaskTel Prepaid to Bell you will receive $480 Bill Credit

Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max 64GB the actual cost is $1555.00.

On two-year term, we offered as $0.
Initially you will paying one time sale tax$171.05.
For monthly installment, you should pay $64.80/mo.

This plan includes
Unlimited Canada Wide calling.
Unlimited nationwide text, picture and video messages.
Call Display, Message Centre, Conference Calling and Call Waiting.
Unlimited access to Canada's largest Wi-Fi network, including participating McDonald's, Tim Hortons, Indigo and Chapters locations
3GB shareable data

The plan cost will be $50+Taxes
18 replies
Sep 29, 2014
146 posts
151 upvotes
Brampton, ON
So the bill amount will be 114.80 + Tax.
Not a deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3507 posts
4189 upvotes
On two-year term, we offered as $0.
Initially you will paying one time sale tax$171.05.
For monthly installment, you should pay $64.80/mo.
companies in Canada (or North America in general) are abusing the fact that our education system has failed to teach mathematics.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2811 posts
3875 upvotes
Glancealot wrote: companies in Canada (or North America in general) are abusing the fact that our education system has failed to teach mathematics.
lol

so true. parents are part of the problem as well
Nov 6, 2019
19 posts
51 upvotes
@Glancealot @simplypop

Thanks for your reply.
To be honest I am completely new to Canadian CellPhone Plan market as I am new immigrant to Canada.
I was shocked by data and phone plans. In India, we get unlimited data and call for $20/month.
I am not sure which best option to go for here in Canada. It would be great if someone can guide what is the best option to go with device option and when good deal available.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
2211 posts
1356 upvotes
@webcontact
Welcome to Canada!

Rule of thumb when shopping wireless phone deal is to shop plan & phone separately.

Find a plan that fit your need, (ie data allotment) since most/all carrier(s) have Canada wide & text included.

From there just buy your phone outright.
Aug 5, 2005
492 posts
245 upvotes
Glancealot wrote: companies in Canada (or North America in general) are abusing the fact that our education system has failed to teach mathematics.
I don't think the problems is to do with Math but rather we aren't allowed to cut off the head of the snake. I don't believe in blaming the victim but rather the snake
If they thumb you down I will up it just because
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2003
5261 posts
1619 upvotes
SK
webcontact wrote: @Glancealot @simplypop

Thanks for your reply.
To be honest I am completely new to Canadian CellPhone Plan market as I am new immigrant to Canada.
I was shocked by data and phone plans. In India, we get unlimited data and call for $20/month.
I am not sure which best option to go for here in Canada. It would be great if someone can guide what is the best option to go with device option and when good deal available.
The fact you quoted SaskTel prepaid, you’ll have a lot of cheaper monthly rate plans in SK then the rest of Canada.
If you’re close to Best Buy or a Costco member, try speaking with someone at the wireless kiosks. They both offer plans from all the carriers. Other kiosks in malls offer plans from select carriers.
Banned
Dec 24, 2019
117 posts
111 upvotes
webcontact wrote: I was shocked by data and phone plans. In India, we get unlimited data and call for $20/month.
How much do people earn in India?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4267 posts
5185 upvotes
Montreal, QC
$n00ker wrote: I don't think the problems is to do with Math but rather we aren't allowed to cut off the head of the snake. I don't believe in blaming the victim but rather the snake
If the "victim" walks into the jungle with a blindfold, then they will become snake food. And many find all sorts of excuses to justify the reason for going in blindfolded and refusing to take the blindfold off. In those cases, I don't blame the snakes for feasting :)
webcontact wrote: @Glancealot @simplypop

Thanks for your reply.
Welcome to Canada. Reality is, we have some of the worst prices for cellphone plans. And some of the sleaziest companies to deal with Bell(Hell), Rogers(Robbers), and a few others which are in most cases, sister companies to the big boys.

The choice of plans and phones, depend on your "NEEDS". First thing to remember.. There is no such thing as a FREE phone. All plans that claim to offer "free" phones, it is just a monthly fee added to your plan. In most cases, you pay more for the phone in the long run, than it was worth (and they lock you in for a fixed term). But, in some cases, people are willing to do that, since they "need"/want a flagship phone and don't have money to buy it outright. Oh ya, and one more thing, Unlimited data (which is common in many countries) is a very pricey option here and will typically cost you upwards of $100/month for that privilege.

I always just buy an unlocked phone. I'm not an apple fanboy, so the choices are not as limited. I presently have the motorola moto one action. My kids have a moto g6 play and wife has a moto g7 play. They all serve their purpose, and don't break the bank (especially since they often go on sale). G7 play cost me $140+tx from costco just before the holidays and it is a pretty nice phone for the price (on sale for $160, and then had $20 costco promo coupon). Not a flagship phone, but we don't need flagship phones. To each his own.

I personally have very little needs for a cell phone, as a cell phone. I use mine mostly for emergency purposes, and the majority of use is over wifi for accessing my emails, checking my security cameras over wifi, etc... So for me, I just still use a Pay as You go plan, which has minimal costs, but includes nothing. Similar to the Speakout or Petro Canada mobility in QC. You buy a sim (yes, here in canada we pay for sim cards), activate it, and then add money to the account. Then you can make calls and sms, and you are charged a fee for each minute/message. expiry dates of the funds vary from provider to provider. Speakout is the most generous with 365 day expiry on any topup ($25 minimum). Petro Canada mobility has slightly better rates, but they are $25 for a 120 days expiry. Also, note that if you top up before your balance expires, the balance carries forward, so you don't lose unused funds. Keep in mind that both speakout and petro canada mobile are using the Rogers network.

My son needed a little more than me (needed at least unlimited texts), so I put him on a public mobile wireless plan. Costs me $15/month and he has 100 minutes Canada-wide talk, Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging, Unlimited incoming calls, Bonus 250 MB Data at 3G speed since I use my CC to AutoPay monthly, includes Voicemail & Call Display. BAscially got a $10 initial credit since I got a referal code from a friend, I get $2 off per month, since I use my Credit Card to Autopay and it also adds the 250MB of data. He didn't "need" data (since he has wifi at school all day, and at home, but it's a bonus for him to message occasionally when on public transit. And Public mobile also offers $1/month off for every year you are with them. So after 5 years, you get an additional $5/month off your bill. And they occasionally offers bonus offers to existing clients, like right now my son has a few hundred minutes of international calling (which don't expire), and 1GB of extra Data which doesn't expire, and gets used if he goes over his 250MB/month. So far it is still intact. These were bonuses offered just before the holidays to all customers. Obviously if you need more minutes or data, they have various plans to suit other needs. Public mobile operates on the Telus network.

Then you have all the big boys like Telus, Bell, Rogers, Videotron (mostly in QC). And their sister smaller services, like Fido (Rogers), Kodoo (Telus), Virgin Mobile (Bell), Fizz (Videotron), and then even the small ones, like freedom mobile (Shaw communications), Lucky mobile (Bell), Chatr ( Rogers), Cityphone (Rogers), Zoomer (cityphone, in turn rogers), and quite a few other small ones depending on the region you are in.

Unfortunately, even though it looks like we have PILES of options, the truth is, they are all owned and operated by the same 3 or 4 big boys on top, and they all control the CRTC which in turn controls the competition (or lack there of).

We need more companies like Ice wireless which are trying to push the limits. They will soon be offering a $0.99/week plan which include 50 Canada wide talk minutes per week, and unlimited international texting (unfortunately, for now, it is only in northern Canada). For less than $5/month you'd be getting 200 minutes and unlimited texting. Let's see how quickly one of the big boys decides to buy them out and squash them.

Good luck in your ventures to cell phone and plan purchasing.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2572 posts
2826 upvotes
Second vote for public mobile & a Moto android.

$15-$40 canada wide plans on Telus/Bell network. Ignore the 3G speed it's on LTE network just throttled to 3mbps
It's pay as you go so no overages extras surprise bills great for teens etc

Then get a $100-$200 G6 Z3 etc few should be showing on Kijiji soon as people who bought are receiving them.
Feb 2, 2006
565 posts
439 upvotes
If you work for a large company, take a look at their EPP plans. You can sometimes get a new phone (iPhone, Samsung, pixel) on a ~$65/month 5-6GB plan where the phone is 100% subsidized and approx $45 is going towards the device balance.
Dec 7, 2016
264 posts
232 upvotes
Vancouver
if it makes you feel better, i did not grow up here and maths tough. Gotta deal with english no good AND math no good.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2003
3408 posts
896 upvotes
West Istand, Montrea…
So, I am in Quebec and I got the following out of Bell a year ago:

1+ 4 lines - zero up front.

$63.00 for the first line
$36.50 for each of the other 4
Galaxy S9 for me, Iphone 8 for everyone else
2 year protection plans
15 shared gigs (I opted to pay $10 more to bump it to 19)
Unlimited calling Canadawide and to the US for all
Name display
Enhanced voicemail with voicemail to text (Rogers does it a LOT better)
Texting to Canada only
$400 per line ($2000) port-in credit

Pricing has gotten worse, if anything. Let's see how we can do when the commitment expires.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3438 posts
744 upvotes
Winnipeg
We just came out of a 2 yr plan from Bell, we got a great deal that time... we got a 8GB, unlimited province wide talk and text Family shared plan with 3 free iPhone 8 Plus for average of $45 each ($65 for the first line, and $35 for the next two line).. at that time, the iPhone 8 Plus was introduced 6 months ago and the latest phone was iPhone X.

After our contract was done, we just found out that most Cell providers have switched to the separate payment program for phones and the minimum data plan is now $65.. Phones are now under payment plans (tab). We got pissed and switched to Fido when they had a $45 for 6GB data/unlimited canada wide talk/text (add line promo, as I have tablet plan with Fido)...
Dec 4, 2005
343 posts
47 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Buckbuckbuck wrote: How much do people earn in India?
How much do people earn in US? In most cases more than in Canada. But cell service much chipper than in Canada, includes unlimited data and free roaming in Canada and Mexico.
My son studies in UK and pays GBP20/month for unlimited domestic talk and text plus 40Gb data. Canadian cell service most expensive in the world
Banned
Dec 24, 2019
117 posts
111 upvotes
kartsia wrote: My son studies in UK and pays GBP20/month for unlimited domestic talk and text plus 40Gb data. Canadian cell service most expensive in the world
I pay $35 per month for unlimited north american calling
And 6 gig of data and free international texting

When there was competition, whiners complained about small network
And thus killed the competition
Had more people subscribed to mobilicity, there would be real competition
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1293 posts
1643 upvotes
ottawa
I think this thread should be moved somewhere else. It's not a got deal! Op is just asking for an advice.