Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 2:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6272 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

Decided to start this thread to consolidate all of the TV/Internet/Home Phone promos being offered by Bell that I've seen around lately. I live in Toronto so most of these are applicable to Ontario unless stated otherwise. If I've made a mistake or anyone has more promos that they know of please post them and I'll update the OP. I figure it's easier to keep track of in one thread rather than have 2 or 3 different threads running around. ****I AM NOT A BELL REP NOR PERSONALLY CONNECTED TO A BELL REP. PLEASE STOP SENDING ME PMS LOOKING FOR DEALS****
To compare with what's available for Rogers please see this thread: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/rogers-c ... 85331/452/

***PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD ASKING PEOPLE TO PM YOU FOR DEALS. IT IS AGAINST FORUM RULES AND I WILL NOT REPLY.***

NEW CUSTOMER PROMOS from Reps (THESE ARE VERY LOCATION SPECIFIC)
- CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO SEE THE CURRENT OFFERS FROM REPS -
Current Bell Offers Nov 11 update.png

Promos for NEW CONDOS or NEW SUBDIVISIONS
It's been often reported that if you live in a new condo or sub-division neighbourhood, Bell often has promotions for new customers but this is YMMV depending on the location. Some reported examples:
- 25% off all Bell services for 2 years. No contract and no installation fee.
- Confirmed there's a 6 months free promo for new condos/subdivisions but it YMMV depending on the address. Contact a Bell rep to inquire.

BELL LOYALTY/RETENTION PROMOS
***For those of you who don't have any luck through the loyalty department, try filling a complaint here: http://support.bell.ca/Share-a-concern-form*** OR here for business business.bell.ca/support/small-business ... -complaint
Someone from customer service will usually call you back within 24hrs to try and resolve your issue. It's YMMV though.

The following are example loyalty credits people have received in the past. However, these are not up to date.
- please post any updates to loyalty credits if you know of any.

FIBE TV:
(note the credits aren't stackable)
- $5/mo. ongoing credit
- $15/mo. credit (not sure if ongoing)
- $18/mo. credit for 24 months (had to escalate to get this offered)
- 50% off TMN ongoing
- 4 months FREE TMN
- FREE TMN for a year

FIBE INTERNET:
(note the credits/discounts aren't stackable)
- $20/mo. ongoing credit (not sure if this is still offered)
- $17/mo. ongoing credit
- 25% off for 24 months
- $10/mo. unlimited bandwidth add-on (only available if subscribed to all 3 services)
- 120GB/mo. free extra bandwidth add-on

HOME PHONE:
- $22.95/mo. credit for 24 months **VERY YMMV**
- $18/mo. credit
- $10 unlimited CAN/US long distance add-on (there may also be a $10 monthly credit available for this)
- 3 months free for any calling feature

There are also additional credits and promos available when you subscribe to all 3 services called TRIO Promos. These are stackable with other credits. Some examples:
- $3/mo. off Home Phone
- $7/mo. off Fibe TV
Last edited by jamgyu on Jul 27th, 2015 5:47 pm, edited 45 times in total.
RFD + ME = POOR
Thread Summary
It is against forum rules to offer or request PM in the thread. It is also against forum rules to volunteer or request personal information. This thread's purpose is to discuss Bell residential wireline (landline, internet and TV) offers, promotions and deals. Please stay on topic, that means discussions on competitors' offers, cellphone promo's, small business promo's, etc. should all be done in other threads.
5358 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6272 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
EXPIRED PROMOS (for reference)

Former offer:
- $43/mo. off Fibe 50 or Fibe 25 Internet (2yr term) ***ONLY AVAILABLE WITH 2 OR 3 SERVICES***
- $26/mo. off any Fibe TV package (2yr term)
- expired Feb. 28, 2016

Former Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph and Ottawa offer:
FIBE TV + FIBE Internet 50 + Home Phone = $99.99/m for 3 years **ENDS FEB. 27, 2016**

Original Thread Here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bell-fib ... s-1744319/
- available for customers in Ottawa, Kitchener, Waterloo, Guelph, Cambridge areas ONLY
- also available with only 2 services (TV and Internet) for $47.80+tax (unconfirmed)

2015 STUDENT PROMO (expires and of dec. 2015)

*Price valid for 8 months*
Fibe 25 with 500GB bandwidth - $39.99
Fibe 25 – $39.95 promotional monthly rate is a promotional credit against regular monthly pricing calculated as follows: regular monthly rate $65.95 (subject to change), less $26/mo. credit for 8 full billing periods. Data usage – 500 GB/mo. $3/additional GB (max. $100/mo.).
Fibe 50 with Unlimited bandwidth - $59.99
Fibe 50 – $59.95 promotional monthly rate is a promotional credit against regular monthly pricing calculated as follows: regular monthly rate $75.95 (subject to change), plus $10/mo. for unlimited usage, less $26/mo. credit for 8 full billing periods.
Last edited by titaniumtux on Jul 27th, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed mention of rep's name
RFD + ME = POOR
Sep 11, 2012
192 posts
16 upvotes
BRAMPTON
I am with bell under a year. How do I get these credit?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6272 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
itbrian wrote:
Jul 27th, 2015 7:30 pm
I am with bell under a year. How do I get these credit?

Call Bell and follow the prompts to cancel your service and speak to the "loyalty" department.

When you talk to them tell them you'll be cancelling to switch to Rogers and quote something from the Rogers thread I posted in the OP. It helps to actually call a Rogers rep and get a quote for what you want/need.

Don't always take the first offer they give you. If you're not happy with what they're offering you can hang up and try calling back another day. It helps to have a quote from Rogers or another company for them to try and match. What I posted in the OP are all the various discounts and credits I've been offered the past month through trying to negotiate with them to match what Rogers was offering as a new customer.

Good luck!
RFD + ME = POOR
Oct 25, 2012
221 posts
38 upvotes
North York
I've been calling Bell four times last month and a half. After almost two years with them - paying right now $110 for HP basic, Internet 25/10 unlimited, and Fibe TV basic with extra HD receiver- all they could give me was $145 for same services. I placed my cancelation order last week and ordered Rogers Internet 100/10 unlimited and TV basic for $90. Next month I will port my HP nr to voip.ms and see you Bell ... when I see you!
So for me Bell loyalty dept does not exist...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6272 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
mcmn243 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2015 8:02 pm
I've been calling Bell four times last month and a half. After almost two years with them - paying right now $110 for HP basic, Internet 25/10 unlimited, and Fibe TV basic with extra HD receiver- all they could give me was $145 for same services. I placed my cancelation order last week and ordered Rogers Internet 100/10 unlimited and TV basic for $90. Next month I will port my HP nr to voip.ms and see you Bell ... when I see you!
So for me Bell loyalty dept does not exist...

I encourage you to file a complaint here: http://support.bell.ca/Billing-and-Acco ... _complaint

Someone should call you within 24 hrs to try and keep you "happy". No guarantees it's any better than going through loyalty but the person calling you sometimes will have access to more discounts and promos.

At the very least Bell will have your feedback on record.
RFD + ME = POOR
Apr 6, 2013
23 posts
Hello i've just called Bell loyalty and received this promotion ( with them for currently over a year)
Home phone lite
$35.90 ( this includes the add on for caller id)

internet fib 15
$49.95
105gb

Tv select
$38.95

total $124.80
is this a good promotion? planning to call them again
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9282 posts
1640 upvotes
Bell Loyalty is a joke. Called today again, because my internet is garbage and I'm paying $53 for up to 5mb... they offered me $56... yep, that's right, higher... He looked and said there was nothing better he could offer me, I have home phone, internet and very moderate Sat TV, and it's $153 a month for 4MB/s, a few channels, and regular old home phone! BS...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Oct 25, 2012
221 posts
38 upvotes
North York
Sorry man, I've spent way too much time with 'loyalty' dept. I guess Bell doesn't care anymore about existing customers.
I'm saying that because I know three more people who ditched Bell lately. One of them had HP with call display and Internet 6/0.8 and was paying more than $100/mo!!!! Old Bell customer and ... stupid ( he said that)
Sep 11, 2012
192 posts
16 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Thanks I called and got a $16 discount on my bill and they added crave TV, doubled my data and increased my speed.
jamgyu wrote:
Jul 27th, 2015 7:34 pm
Call Bell and follow the prompts to cancel your service and speak to the "loyalty" department.

When you talk to them tell them you'll be cancelling to switch to Rogers and quote something from the Rogers thread I posted in the OP. It helps to actually call a Rogers rep and get a quote for what you want/need.

Don't always take the first offer they give you. If you're not happy with what they're offering you can hang up and try calling back another day. It helps to have a quote from Rogers or another company for them to try and match. What I posted in the OP are all the various discounts and credits I've been offered the past month through trying to negotiate with them to match what Rogers was offering as a new customer.

Good luck!
May 16, 2015
699 posts
131 upvotes
York, ON
Is there a bundle for just tv and Internet?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6272 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
bigmac22 wrote:
Jul 27th, 2015 10:48 pm
Is there a bundle for just tv and Internet?
Actually yes... they're called "Duo" promotions I think. I think I was offered a $12/mo. credit if I was going with just TV/Internet. Weird thing with Bell though is that you can sometimes get your overall monthly bill lower with 3 services over just 2.
RFD + ME = POOR
May 16, 2015
699 posts
131 upvotes
York, ON
jamgyu wrote:
Jul 27th, 2015 10:57 pm
Actually yes... they're called "Duo" promotions I think. I think I was offered a $12/mo. credit if I was going with just TV/Internet. Weird thing with Bell though is that you can sometimes get your overall monthly bill lower with 3 services over just 2.
That's true I like the 3 service for 99.99 but don't need home phone. Wish there was something like 80 for tv and Internet. I thought student special would have the duo special
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9282 posts
1640 upvotes
itbrian wrote:
Jul 27th, 2015 9:10 pm
Thanks I called and got a $16 discount on my bill and they added crave TV, doubled my data and increased my speed.
wait til you start seeing that price creap
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Nov 11, 2010
236 posts
32 upvotes
GTA
have been a Bell Home Phone Customer for over 13 years and an Internet Customer for over 6 years. I am tired of the constant price increases which negate any promotions that I have after a couple of years of price hikes. I have an ongoing deal for $20 off Internet and extra 250GB (a remnant of the student internet deal from the past). However, my base price for Fibe 25 is now $73.95 , which is only 2 dollars below the listed Fibe 50 price of $75.95 and higher than the listed Bell Fibe 25 price of of $65.95. My home-phone (no features) is around $26 or so.

Called up the Loyalty department last Friday and requested the CSR to reduce the Fibe 25 price to the listed price or upgrade me to Fibe 50 with the same retention deal ($20 ongoing and extra 250GB), CSR was not able to provide an explanation as to why I was paying such a high price over the listed price and kept on insisting that I have the best deal. Anyhow after 30 minutes, I proceeded with the cancellation of both services in a few weeks from now on and will check my options with Rogers with who I already have cable.

I am sorry that no effort is made to retain existing customers even if they have been with Bell for over a decade. No wonder, there was no Ongoing Bell Retentions thread until now. They make absolutely no effort to retain existing customers even if they have been with Bhell for decades.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)