Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2017 10:17 am
Apr 3, 2013
101 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
NightShark wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 2:53 pm
Ok so I got off the phone with retention and this is what they did for me, my current bill is $212 taxes in. My main reason for calling in was wanting to upgrade my internet from 25 to 50 (50 is the max in my area) so they did this for me, gave me a bit more of a discount off my TV and are coming by to install Hub 3000. My new bill with all of this included and nothing else changed comes to $189 taxes in. To me this is a decent deal I can live with, what do you think? Am I still overpaying?

Here are the details of my ORIGINAL plan

4 PVR's
Better Package
Specialty programming Edit
Talentvision$7.00/mo
Cantonese Combo$15.00/mo

Fibe 25
Download up to 25 Mbps
Upload up to 10 Mbps
Monthly usage 125 GB
Additional features
Unlimited Usage Promotion (Duo) $12.50

Home phone Lite

CHANGES: fibe 50 + Hub 3000
What does the Cantonese combo include? If it is what I am thinking of, the Fairchild TV 1 and 2 combo, that combo should already include the Talentvision channel.
Sep 9, 2003
832 posts
52 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 11:35 am
Zaras offer is better in my opinion. You get more for less. Don't think she does visa cards but divide that by a year and you would be saving more. She also gives 4K pvr on good package
I told my guy I was staying with rogers. He gave me this. I will take it. I wont' make him jump through hoops for nothing.

$98

good Tv
50 fibe internet
home phone lite
wireless receiver (12 months)
hbo + crave + TMN (12 months)
super channel, Erane TMN (2 months)
4k PVR
$100 visa card
$30 -one time credit
free install
feedback: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=657823
ebay feedback : demon_twinz
heatware ID: demon_twinz99
Feb 17, 2009
117 posts
1 upvote
I was offered Gigabit/Better tv/Home phone for $99 on two years term.
I only need internet and will not use TV/Phone.

Can they increase price when you are in a contract like two years?
I am afraid if i i go on two years term and they keep increasing the prices like every 6 months
Jan 4, 2017
34 posts
2 upvotes
Injust wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 7:37 pm
What does the Cantonese combo include? If it is what I am thinking of, the Fairchild TV 1 and 2 combo, that combo should already include the Talentvision channel.
You can get what ever Chinese channel you want for $15. (4 Channels)
That is the Combo.
(Go to Bell TV website, click International (Tab, under "Enhance your package with extra channels and add-ons."), Click Chinese. You will see what channel you can pick.
Jan 4, 2017
34 posts
2 upvotes
John_Hey wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:53 am

I am afraid if i i go on two years term and they keep increasing the prices like every 6 months
It will not happen.
Bell just increase their price on Feb.

Those contract is price saving guarantee. which means, if the regular price go up by $5, you will also go up by $5 ($100 Regular price, you pay $50, so is $50 Saving. if it become $105, you will become $55). But they have just increase their price, I think in the next 2 year it will not increase.
Aug 10, 2008
36 posts
16 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 6:48 pm
CSR is mostly outsourced so if they can't sell you something, they will give you some spiel to get rid of you. Retention is better and they are all located in Canada but keep in mind that they can only give you what they have available, they can't make up promotions. The tricky part is getting to speak to the right person: many different agents might pick up your call and some have less restrictions than others. If you are getting nowhere with one person, try calling again and you might be luckier, even if it is 5 minutes later. Its also helpful to see what other people were able to get so you have a general idea of what is available. If you just ask for random things, you won't get very far.
Thanks again Euro, great advice. When you call Bell service, do you just ask to be transferred directly to retention? Or you have to explain your case for a few mins, thats the step I'd like to avoid. Essentially let me through to someone that I can understand and can help me :)
Dec 2, 2010
6 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
John_Hey wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:53 am

Funny you should ask that...I just signed up a few months ago with the same deal and they already increased their price on me. They claim they sent a notice with my...first...bill and there is nothing they can do about it. Even though the salesperson said that the price is fixed, it really isn't. The two year term just means you get "discounts" for two years. So if they decide to increase the price on you by $100 you can't say anything. Better to get a similar deal with a different provider or leverage this deal to get a better rate with your current provider.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1707 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
blackstaffer wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 11:55 am
Funny you should ask that...I just signed up a few months ago with the same deal and they already increased their price on me. They claim they sent a notice with my...first...bill and there is nothing they can do about it. Even though the salesperson said that the price is fixed, it really isn't. The two year term just means you get "discounts" for two years. So if they decide to increase the price on you by $100 you can't say anything. Better to get a similar deal with a different provider or leverage this deal to get a better rate with your current provider.
Not true. Rogers and Bell make these increases once a year, Bell notifies you 90days ahead (Rogers 30 days) on your bill, and the amount is mandated by CRTC just as rent increases are mandated by the government.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1707 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
BurnsWRC wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 11:52 am
Thanks again Euro, great advice. When you call Bell service, do you just ask to be transferred directly to retention? Or you have to explain your case for a few mins, thats the step I'd like to avoid. Essentially let me through to someone that I can understand and can help me :)
The easiest way to get to them is by saying you want to cancel your service. You get transferred to them right away :)
May 30, 2015
413 posts
120 upvotes
Eli2015 wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 2:27 pm
tech left 2 hours ago and I had the time to do some tests.

941/130 (both TV receivers off, (speedtest.net in Chrome))

If I download on a SSD and the providers have great bandwidth , I can download @ 890 MB/s. If I switch to my "green" WD HD" I get rollercoaster results and never go above 350 MB/s (this is not scientific since the downloads arent coming from the same uploaders).

Anyway, this is fast, amazingly fast, but you need the best hardware and an insane uploader (Hello Steam) if you want steady amazing download results.

Great price for insane product/package/performance SO FAR.

Ill report back in a week.
Ok so Im finally reporting back.
Still happy with the switch to Bell Fibe but I had a some problems and will probably have more for the next 2 years.
I dont plan to go back with Videotron since I can deal with those issues by myself but some people might find them very annoying.

Internet:
Nothing to say here, its still fast and everything is better than what I was expecting.

Phone:
Nothing to say here, it is as good as what I was expecting

TV:
4K looks like 1080i from Videotron
1080p looks like 720p
Had problem with the Motorola receiver, so they came back and installed a VAP, which of course only worked well when the tech was here. So I had to move it and now everything is fine, most of the time. I still have signal strength drops for some reason but all I need to do is unplug the VAP and everything is fine again for a few days. No big deal since Ill probably just install a CAT5e cable in the next days. (at my cost).
I also had a weird problem once, I was recording on the 4K receiver (wired) from the 1080p receiver and for some reason I lost the HD on that receiver. It took a lot of reboot/unplug/waist of time to get my 1080p back even after stopping the single recording going one. Really annoying.

Hub:
Twice it told me to change the battery (red warning on the hub) and the only way to get rid of that was to unplug the hub/remove the battery and wait 30 seconds before turn it back on. Very annoying, but I can deal with that.

Overall I had more problems in 2 weeks with Bell Fibe than 10 years with Videotron. In fact, I dont even remember having a single problem (TV) with Videotron.

The Hub 3000 and the WiFi TV Box are certainly not perfect but if you can deal with those issues then go for it. $99.00 for this package is insane IMO.

Again, not planning to go back with Videotron.

Edit: Typos and Im sure there are more :)
Feb 17, 2009
117 posts
1 upvote
So in the email that I got from bell it is like below:

monthly charge: Better TV $82.95 ($25 credit two years + $7 for 1 year)
monthly charge: Phone $41.44 ($41.44 for two years)
monthly charge: Gigabit internet $99.95 (CR $54.00 for two years)

These will add up to $99. my concern is internet as I only get $54 credit on it and it is listed as $99. but when i check bell website, the price is $149.
phone an Tv prices matches bell website but internet is $50 less.
I am afraid one day they bill me Internet $149 - CR $54.00 and I end up paying $105 just for internet.

For all of you got the $99 bundle(Gigabit/Better Tv/Home phone) what does it show for your monthly charge and how much credit you get for internet for 24 months?
Apr 3, 2013
101 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
John_Hey wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 12:31 pm
So in the email that I got from bell it is like below:

monthly charge: Better TV $82.95 ($25 credit two years + $7 for 1 year)
monthly charge: Phone $41.44 ($41.44 for two years)
monthly charge: Gigabit internet $99.95 (CR $54.00 for two years)

These will add up to $99. my concern is internet as I only get $54 credit on it and it is listed as $99. but when i check bell website, the price is $149.
phone an Tv prices matches bell website but internet is $50 less.
I am afraid one day they bill me Internet $149 - CR $54.00 and I end up paying $105 just for internet.

For all of you got the $99 bundle(Gigabit/Better Tv/Home phone) what does it show for your monthly charge and how much credit you get for internet for 24 months?
That's normal, they reduce the base price of the Gigabit Fibe if you are on a bundle. I have the same thing for my bundle as well.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1707 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
Injust wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 12:34 pm
That's normal, they reduce the base price of the Gigabit Fibe if you are on a bundle. I have the same thing for my bundle as well.
Correct. Bundle price is 99.95 and 149.95 if it is by itself.
Feb 4, 2010
19 posts
2 upvotes
Is it possible to combine two One Bills into one? I have 2 cell phones on One Bill and TV/Internet/Home Phone on another. I cancelled my TV/Internet from my old account that had the cell phones and my gf signed up for the $99 deal. I lost my bundle discount on the cell phones and would like to get it back. I have added them together on My Bell but they show separate One Bill numbers.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1707 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
stunner416 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 12:52 pm
Is it possible to combine two One Bills into one? I have 2 cell phones on One Bill and TV/Internet/Home Phone on another. I cancelled my TV/Internet from my old account that had the cell phones and my gf signed up for the $99 deal. I lost my bundle discount on the cell phones and would like to get it back. I have added them together on My Bell but they show separate One Bill numbers.
Yes but I would wait 3 months to do that.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel