Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2017 2:07 pm
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1090 posts
105 upvotes
Vaughan
So the Bell tech came by and set up the Gigabit fibe. Problem is that I am not seeing the results I would have liked. I checked my NIC and it shows it is capable of Gbps, but speed tests are still under 100Mbps. I spoke with Bell and their speed test page is able to test the speed to the modem and then from the modem to my computer. Their speed to the modem shows Gbps (1280/150) but to my computer its under 100Mbps (97/98).

So where can the issue be if it's not the NIC that is the problem? Connection goes as such: Modem -> cat5e -> Asus AC66U -> Cat5e -> desktop. What else can I check?
Dec 22, 2007
573 posts
164 upvotes
Gatineau, QC
For those in QC, I have a contact who can offer the following:

- Fibe GIGABIT Unlimited
- Good TV Package + 15 A La Carte channels
- 4K PVR included + 1 HD Wireless Receiver (Free for first 12 months, then 7$ months)
- TMN or Super Ecran for 12 months
- Home Phone

99.84$ price locked in for 24 months

If interested PM and I will put in in touch with him.

Must be a new customer. You can also sign up using a different name such as your wife, girlfriend, etc..
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2149 posts
670 upvotes
TORONTO
NightShark wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 12:46 am
I just went the my account on bell.ca and tried removing the package then adding it on separately. It didn't work. Channels 717 and 719 work fine
but when I try to add 705 or 710, my options are:
$0.00
$15.00 - Cantonese Package
$30.00 - Mandarin Package

So I wasn't actually able to add it separately. I'll try calling retention tomorrow but based on what I see on the site, I don't think it's possible. I see what you're saying in the link you sent, it shows a Mandarin combo for $30.00 then a bunch of Chinese channels, but in the list of chinese channels there's a Fairchild channel for$15.00. This is the package i still have.
You have to call in. You cannot do everything on bell. Ca
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10488 posts
2132 upvotes
GTA
So just got my first Bell bill. Was dreading opening it....

I have TV, internet and phone ( $103.xx + tax)

Bill only charges me $26 for phone. Logged into Bell.ca and my account shows only a phone on my account. Makes sense now as when I tried to sych the fibe app it couldn't find an account. I thought it just wasn't setup yet.

As much as I'd love to screw them, I now have to call and explain to THEM that my bill is wrong.

Dopes.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2149 posts
670 upvotes
TORONTO
Hugh Jass wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:09 pm
So just got my first Bell bill. Was dreading opening it....

I have TV, internet and phone ( $103.xx + tax)

Bill only charges me $26 for phone. Logged into Bell.ca and my account shows only a phone on my account. Makes sense now as when I tried to sych the fibe app it couldn't find an account. I thought it just wasn't setup yet.

As much as I'd love to screw them, I now have to call and explain to THEM that my bill is wrong.

Dopes.
Your account is likely not fully set up in the system. It takes about a week or so from what I remember. Before that I had services not appear on mybell.ca as well.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10488 posts
2132 upvotes
GTA
Euro2012 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:12 pm
Your account is likely not fully set up in the system. It takes about a week or so from what I remember. Before that I had services not appear on mybell.ca as well.
Weird they'd send out a partial bill then. I'm just gonna pay what I should be paying and let it catch up itself.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2149 posts
670 upvotes
TORONTO
Hugh Jass wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:44 pm
Weird they'd send out a partial bill then. I'm just gonna pay what I should be paying and let it catch up itself.
I would give them a call and double check just in case.
Aug 24, 2009
79 posts
6 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:08 am
You have to call in. You cannot do everything on bell. Ca
ok so I called in yesterday and spoke to someone at customer service. they said I could not do it, it's only available in the package I have. Then I saw your message, tried it online and didn't work either and I just called in and spoke to retention. The lady says she tried and it doesn't work. She basically said 705, 717, 719 work but 710 doesn't work when she tries to add it to the 4 for $15 combo.
I then asked, what if I was a new customer and I just wanted to order 710 alone.. she said that I wouldn't be able to, it's not available.
So you can see where I'm a little confused at this point. She's telling me the channel isn't available at all but I only have it now because I have the grandfathered package that includes it.
So although I'm literally watching the channel now, if I wanted to remove my grandfathered plan, I would lose the channel and wouldn't be able to order it again.. or if i was a new customer I wouldn't be able to order it period.
This doesn't make any sense to me. She spoke to her supervisor and no luck. The website also shows the channel "WowTV" as available.. so I told them that it's misleading if it's not actually available.

Any ideas?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2149 posts
670 upvotes
TORONTO
NightShark wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:10 pm
ok so I called in yesterday and spoke to someone at customer service. they said I could not do it, it's only available in the package I have. Then I saw your message, tried it online and didn't work either and I just called in and spoke to retention. The lady says she tried and it doesn't work. She basically said 705, 717, 719 work but 710 doesn't work when she tries to add it to the 4 for $15 combo.
I then asked, what if I was a new customer and I just wanted to order 710 alone.. she said that I wouldn't be able to, it's not available.
So you can see where I'm a little confused at this point. She's telling me the channel isn't available at all but I only have it now because I have the grandfathered package that includes it.
So although I'm literally watching the channel now, if I wanted to remove my grandfathered plan, I would lose the channel and wouldn't be able to order it again.. or if i was a new customer I wouldn't be able to order it period.
This doesn't make any sense to me. She spoke to her supervisor and no luck. The website also shows the channel "WowTV" as available.. so I told them that it's misleading if it's not actually available.

Any ideas?
I just looked up 710 on Bell.ca and thats WOWTV. You can add this channel either for $4/mth to any package or have it as one of the 4 channels for $15/mth.

Call them again, it seems that you spoke to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. If it wasn't available, it would not be on the website.
Aug 24, 2009
79 posts
6 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:21 pm
I just looked up 710 on Bell.ca and thats WOWTV. You can add this channel either for $4/mth to any package or have it as one of the 4 channels for $15/mth.

Call them again, it seems that you spoke to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about. If it wasn't available, it would not be on the website.
That's what I said to them. I actually think it might be a system issue because like i said in a previous post, when I try to add this channel online individually, it won't let me, it shows $0.00 (supposed to show $4.00). So I think it's their system that's not allowing them to do it for some reason.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2149 posts
670 upvotes
TORONTO
NightShark wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:40 pm
That's what I said to them. I actually think it might be a system issue because like i said in a previous post, when I try to add this channel online individually, it won't let me, it shows $0.00 (supposed to show $4.00). So I think it's their system that's not allowing them to do it for some reason.
I already mentioned earlier not to try doing this via mybell.ca
Aug 24, 2009
79 posts
6 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:21 pm
I already mentioned earlier not to try doing this via mybell.ca
i was speaking of when i previously tried it on mybell.ca. My point is my attempt seems to coincide with what they're trying to do on their end.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2149 posts
670 upvotes
TORONTO
NightShark wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:36 pm
i was speaking of when i previously tried it on mybell.ca. My point is my attempt seems to coincide with what they're trying to do on their end.
I assure you it does not and I suggest that you give them a call again. Anyways, we are hijacking this thread with this topic now so I will disengage from this discussion. Good luck either way.
May 16, 2008
8 posts
mississauga
I'm moving into a new subdivision in Brampton in 2 weeks. What's the best internet deal I can get from Bell? I hate rogers and I have to pay $200 to get out of my rogers contract. Got an offer 69.99 for 150 FIBE no activation fee.. Can i do better?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2149 posts
670 upvotes
TORONTO
bhargav wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:09 pm
I'm moving into a new subdivision in Brampton in 2 weeks. What's the best internet deal I can get from Bell? I hate rogers and I have to pay $200 to get out of my rogers contract. Got an offer 69.99 for 150 FIBE no activation fee.. Can i do better?
Depends how you define better. For that particular package, thats good.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)