Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 23rd, 2017 7:04 pm
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1708 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
hoyiya wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:51 pm
Could someone pm me Zara's contact please?
Check the very first page of this thread
Mar 7, 2011
43 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Euro2012 wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:58 pm
Check the very first page of this thread
Didn't check the image... Thanks!
Nov 6, 2003
188 posts
17 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I currently have FibeTV & Home Phone (Internet with another provider) and just spoke to retentions and was offered the following for around $170 before tax:

Fibe Better TV
Home Phone Lite
Fibe 50 Unlimited
4K PVR
Home Hub 3000

I'm assuming I'm not eligible for the deals provided by Zara/Jason since I already have 2 Bell services. Given this, does this retentions offer seem good?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1708 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
cypher wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 12:34 pm
I currently have FibeTV & Home Phone (Internet with another provider) and just spoke to retentions and was offered the following for around $170 before tax:

Fibe Better TV
Home Phone Lite
Fibe 50 Unlimited
4K PVR
Home Hub 3000

I'm assuming I'm not eligible for the deals provided by Zara/Jason since I already have 2 Bell services. Given this, does this retentions offer seem good?
If you have someone else living with you get them to sign up, you will save 60-70 dollars a month, I think that is worth it.
Nov 6, 2003
188 posts
17 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Good idea, Euro2012. Unfortunately, I live with my daughter and she's only 4 years old.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1708 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
cypher wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 12:53 pm
Good idea, Euro2012. Unfortunately, I live with my daughter and she's only 4 years old.
Then my next suggestion would be taking your services to Rogers. No matter which provider you approach you will always get better offers as a new customer. Try contacting the executive office at Bell first and see if they will make this more attractive because $170 is just too much
Nov 6, 2003
188 posts
17 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Euro2012 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 12:59 pm
Then my next suggestion would be taking your services to Rogers. No matter which provider you approach you will always get better offers as a new customer. Try contacting the executive office at Bell first and see if they will make this more attractive because $170 is just too much
Wish I could, but I'm in Cogeco land and they don't seem to offer deals that compare to Rogers.

Also, I forgot that my numbers I provided earlier included optional programming charges of $20 for non-standard channels. The comparable price of the services they are offering would be $150 before tax. Still not as good as the $90-$100 offers I'm seeing for new activations, but maybe close to the best I can get from retentions?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1708 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
cypher wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 4:52 pm
Wish I could, but I'm in Cogeco land and they don't seem to offer deals that compare to Rogers.

Also, I forgot that my numbers I provided earlier included optional programming charges of $20 for non-standard channels. The comparable price of the services they are offering would be $150 before tax. Still not as good as the $90-$100 offers I'm seeing for new activations, but maybe close to the best I can get from retentions?
Give the executive office a try first.
Dec 16, 2011
694 posts
408 upvotes
Pointe Claire
SpykeYs wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 10:53 am
For those in QC, I have a contact who can offer the following:

- Fibe GIGABIT Unlimited
- Good TV Package + 15 A La Carte channels
- 4K PVR included + 1 HD Wireless Receiver (Free for first 12 months, then 7$ months)
- TMN or Super Ecran for 12 months
- Home Phone

99.84$ price locked in for 24 months

If interested PM and I will put in in touch with him.

Must be a new customer. You can also sign up using a different name such as your wife, girlfriend, etc..
Thanks for this...You ALMOST saved me a lot of money.
I'm in Montreal been a Bell and nhl center ice subscriber for 15 years. I currently only have sattelite tv and Internet with bell (no phone). Wanted to upgrade to Fibe TV and get faster Internet at lower price that I am paying now ($138) Spent 2 hours!! on phone with loyalty yesterday. After getting the run around I quoted the deal you posted. Finally got it down to $98.40 for everything you posted except I don't have gigabit Internet in my area and there was no mention of phone service. The 2 receivers at no rental and free installation. Got an April 5 installation date.
I was pretty pleased...except...I never got a confirmation email with the details like I was told I would get. I
called today fully expecting the screw over. Got to loyalty department pretty fast. You guessed it. No record of ever having been told that deal. Their notes indicated that I was quoted $138 and that I hung up on them! I was incredulous!
Would not honour yesterday's deal. Today it is $116 which includes a monthly rental of $7 on one receiver and home phone service that I don't want. Deal is for 12 months. The 12 months of movie network is now 2. I told her not to bother with it. Bent over and took it...but you will probably get a pm from me for your contact.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
10119 posts
1938 upvotes
Oakville
dogdayafter12 wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 7:36 pm
Thanks for this...You ALMOST saved me a lot of money.
I'm in Montreal been a Bell and nhl center ice subscriber for 15 years. I currently only have sattelite tv and Internet with bell (no phone). Wanted to upgrade to Fibe TV and get faster Internet at lower price that I am paying now ($138) Spent 2 hours!! on phone with loyalty yesterday. After getting the run around I quoted the deal you posted. Finally got it down to $98.40 for everything you posted except I don't have gigabit Internet in my area and there was no mention of phone service. The 2 receivers at no rental and free installation. Got an April 5 installation date.
I was pretty pleased...except...I never got a confirmation email with the details like I was told I would get. I
called today fully expecting the screw over. Got to loyalty department pretty fast. You guessed it. No record of ever having been told that deal. Their notes indicated that I was quoted $138 and that I hung up on them! I was incredulous!
Would not honour yesterday's deal. Today it is $116 which includes a monthly rental of $7 on one receiver and home phone service that I don't want. Deal is for 12 months. The 12 months of movie network is now 2. I told her not to bother with it. Bent over and took it...but you will probably get a pm from me for your contact.
Record all of these conversations.

Did you at least get the CSRs name? There would have to be a record of them being on one phone call for 2 hrs.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 9, 2010
12 posts
Toronto
I got the $99 gigabyte (3 services) recently. On my first 2 billings, there were no section for home phone (which was free anyways) - only internet and TV charges were showing. That doesn't matter as the total still adds up to what I signed up for. The problem is that I was offered 3 months of call display for free. If after 3 mths, do you think they will start charging me even if on record, I don't have hp with them? Anyone else encountered this before with a service missing from their billings? Thanks!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
1708 posts
584 upvotes
TORONTO
lmjong wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 11:08 am
I got the $99 gigabyte (3 services) recently. On my first 2 billings, there were no section for home phone (which was free anyways) - only internet and TV charges were showing. That doesn't matter as the total still adds up to what I signed up for. The problem is that I was offered 3 months of call display for free. If after 3 mths, do you think they will start charging me even if on record, I don't have hp with them? Anyone else encountered this before with a service missing from their billings? Thanks!
Look at your detailed billing, not the summary.

This usually happens when they first set up your account, its not that is not there but it is that you cant see it in mybell.ca . If your home phone service is active, you will be charged for call display in 3 months, 100%
Dec 24, 2010
1 posts
hamilton
I talked to customer loyalty they offered me good tv 2 package rep said it is similar to better package given to existing customer would not give me specific on package
The rep offered that along with unlimited internet 25/10 and home phone unlimited l/d call display for $138 tax in
The rep was in the Philipines said he could not give me a confirmation number because there offers change every 12 hours. I said I will think about it
Anyone have this type of experience any thoughts on offer
How do you get a hold of executive office

Thx
Mar 20, 2017
8 posts
-Gigabyte Fibe (Free installation and the 3000 modem)
-Better TV + 10 A la Cart Channels + $25 movie pack with 1x 4K Box and 1x receiver (all fee's waived)
-Home Phone with 8 Features and Unlimited LD in North America

$191.37 after tax per month and an upfront $200 visa gift card. Good or bad?
Oct 29, 2016
99 posts
20 upvotes
Sarajlija wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 11:31 pm
-Gigabyte Fibe (Free installation and the 3000 modem)
-Better TV + 10 A la Cart Channels + $25 movie pack with 1x 4K Box and 1x receiver (all fee's waived)
-Home Phone with 8 Features and Unlimited LD in North America

$191.37 after tax per month and an upfront $200 visa gift card. Good or bad?
On the first page I'm seeing 91.90 for the same offer. You would get the best rates contacting zara for new customer deals
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel