Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 6:21 pm
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
noproblem wrote: After about 5.5 years with Bell, I am finally going to terminate all my 3 services and give my business to Rogers.

Bell's representatives and business practices are not ethical and moral at all. They will offer you a discount and obviously doesn't show up on your bill, then when you call in, they said they revoked the discount saying that they have the right to take away discounts at any time without any reason.

They also email you with promotions saying that you're eligible for a free item (e.g. adapter), then when you call in and quote the promotion code, they say you're not eligible because you have too many discounts, but if you want the item, it's only $24.95. Then why email saying I'm eligible? Bait and switch right there.

I always record my phone calls with Bell and also request physical transcripts of all calls from privacy@bell.ca. However, they typically miss providing me a copy of ALL calls and leave out relevant information in transcripts they do provide.

Bell representatives also promise that prices are guaranteed for 2 years, but then 3 months into the services, you're subject to their price increases, misleading consumers.

Do yourself a favour and choose a company that is ethical and moral.
Did you have the promised discount in writing? If so, all you had to do is forward this to the executive office. If it was verbal, there's your mistake right there. Executive office (the only ones that can modify this) would never ever say that they can take away a discount without notice, they would get fined for that.

Email and mail promotional material is sent randomly, it is not actually targeted towards specific people. This makes me mad about all these companies, I had the same to me happen with Rogers and the service wasn't even available in my area hah

Lol You think Bell will provide you with physical transcripts of their calls? This isn't the pentagon hah. Those calls are recorded for security purposes and are their property. They have no reason or right to share them with you or anyone else and they sure won't waste their time to have them transcribed.

Prices are not guaranteed for 2 yrs, the discounts are. This is on your contract and your terms of use, very very clearly displayed. If you do not read your contract, that is your fault. Mislead? Of course they will try to mislead you, that's what every business does. Just like Rogers says they have gigabite internet haha or true fibre optics.

Read what you buy :)
Dec 29, 2007
487 posts
289 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote: Did you have the promised discount in writing? If so, all you had to do is forward this to the executive office. If it was verbal, there's your mistake right there. Executive office (the only ones that can modify this) would never ever say that they can take away a discount without notice, they would get fined for that.

Email and mail promotional material is sent randomly, it is not actually targeted towards specific people. This makes me mad about all these companies, I had the same to me happen with Rogers and the service wasn't even available in my area hah

Lol You think Bell will provide you with physical transcripts of their calls? This isn't the pentagon hah. Those calls are recorded for security purposes and are their property. They have no reason or right to share them with you or anyone else and they sure won't waste their time to have them transcribed.

Prices are not guaranteed for 2 yrs, the discounts are. This is on your contract and your terms of use, very very clearly displayed. If you do not read your contract, that is your fault. Mislead? Of course they will try to mislead you, that's what every business does. Just like Rogers says they have gigabite internet haha or true fibre optics.

Read what you buy :)
Yes, I had it in writing, and I did speak with the Executive Office. You are incorrect. The terms and conditions say that they can take away any discount at any time, and the Executive Office has told me this several times. I suggest YOU read the fine print of the Terms of Service and not act so pompous. I can forward you all the recordings and the transcripts if you'd like.

Again, please know your rights with PIPEDA. Here is an excerpt from my Bell email to prove that you're wrong:

"Consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), we will respond to your request within thirty days, unless the circumstances of your request require additional time. We will provide you with further notice if additional time is required. Please note that the compiled information will be sent to your billing address.

As you may already know calls are recorded for quality assurance purposes..."

I believe you are not in touch with reality. I suggest you hear people out and not counter by your baseless claims.
Last edited by noproblem on Jan 9th, 2018 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 7, 2012
1096 posts
514 upvotes
What a crazy biz. Two years ago Rogers was all over us to get their biz. $99/mo for Ignite 30/ w/ Plus cable pkg and HP w/ NA calling. Today it's Bell for $99 for 300/100, Better TV and HP w NA calling. Rogers is dissing Bell and acting like they doing us a huge favour at $120 w Ignite 30 and Popular TV (fewer channels). Gonna go w Bell for the "lovin" they show. Well at least for the next 12 months!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
noproblem wrote: Yes, I had it in writing, and I did speak with the Executive Office. You are incorrect. The terms and conditions say that they can take away any discount at any time, and the Executive Office has told me this several times. I suggest YOU read the fine print and not act so pompous. I can forward you all the recordings and the transcripts if you'd like.

Again, please know your rights with PIPEDA.

I believe you are not in touch with reality. I suggest you hear people out and not counter by your baseless claims.
Not interested in starting an argument with you. You clearly didnt read your agreement if you claim that you were promised guaranteed discounts because everyone knows this is not the case (you brought this up before in the forum). If you believe that the company is engaging in a mass illegal practice, I suggest you engage in a lawsuit - you will be so rich that you will never need to worry about any of this. :)
Dec 29, 2007
487 posts
289 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote: Not interested in starting an argument with you. You clearly didnt read your agreement if you claim that you were promised guaranteed discounts because everyone knows this is not the case (you brought this up before in the forum). If you believe that the company is engaging in a mass illegal practice, I suggest you engage in a lawsuit - you will be so rich that you will never need to worry about any of this. :)
I was not promised "guaranteed pricing for 2 years" as my services were never renewed under a different price plan since 5.5 years ago, but other people were and they got fooled by representatives, as I've posted many times on the forums.

Correct, when I officially end with Bell, I will file complaints and will pursue legal action.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
noproblem wrote: I was not promised "guaranteed pricing for 2 years" as my services were never renewed under a different price plan since 5.5 years ago, but other people were and they got fooled by representatives, as I've posted many times on the forums.

Correct, when I officially end with Bell, I will file complaints and will pursue legal action.
Oh so you're just retelling what occurred to someone else are are making conclusions based on that. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't catch that the first time.

Good luck with the lawsuit mate. You have to be quite rich already since a lawsuit against a corporation of this magnitude would cost well in the 6 figures range and years of legal proceedings but I hope you win millions
Dec 29, 2007
487 posts
289 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote: Oh so you're just retelling what occurred to someone else are are making conclusions based on that. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't catch that the first time.

Good luck with the lawsuit mate. You have to be quite rich already since a lawsuit against a corporation of this magnitude would cost well in the 6 figures range and years of legal proceedings but I hope you win millions
Again, you assume a lot of things. Things don't have to end in court... There are other ways...
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
noproblem wrote: Yes, I had it in writing, and I did speak with the Executive Office. You are incorrect. The terms and conditions say that they can take away any discount at any time, and the Executive Office has told me this several times. I suggest YOU read the fine print of the Terms of Service and not act so pompous. I can forward you all the recordings and the transcripts if you'd like.

Again, please know your rights with PIPEDA. Here is an excerpt from my Bell email to prove that you're wrong:

"Consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), we will respond to your request within thirty days, unless the circumstances of your request require additional time. We will provide you with further notice if additional time is required. Please note that the compiled information will be sent to your billing address.

As you may already know calls are recorded for quality assurance purposes..."

I agree. My discount for Bell Fibe PVR rental was taken away when I received my first Bill. It did not help that I had agreement emailed to me with all the discounts outlined prior to installation. Bell said that it was a mistake and they do not offer $20 discount on 4K PVR anymore and I am eligible only for $15 discount.
After bad experience with Carrytel I was not ready to cancel Bell over $5. One thing about Bell is that it provides reliable service but billing is another story.
I was very surprised that even having email evidence Bell would not honour their original offer. Probably I would get it back if I made few more calls but overall I am still happy with the price so it was not worth my time or health to pursue it any further.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
noproblem wrote: Again, you assume a lot of things. Things don't have to end in court... There are other ways...
Sorry again, I hope you settle for tens of millions of dollars then :)
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
gameon12 wrote: What a crazy biz. Two years ago Rogers was all over us to get their biz. $99/mo for Ignite 30/ w/ Plus cable pkg and HP w/ NA calling. Today it's Bell for $99 for 300/100, Better TV and HP w NA calling. Rogers is dissing Bell and acting like they doing us a huge favour at $120 w Ignite 30 and Popular TV (fewer channels). Gonna go w Bell for the "lovin" they show. Well at least for the next 12 months!
Both companies try to taint the competitor, it's how the game is played. You just have to ignore all that, do your research and then go with the one that best suit your needs (in my case it is always the price because regardless what both of them claim, they are very comparable services in my opinion).

Then you have people who were wronged (or feel they were wronged, most commonly because they did not get something they asked for, usually something that does not even exist) by one company and they dedicate their lives to bash them and praise the competitor, while some other person will do the exact opposite with the competitor. This is how people work, how the market works and that won't change, possibly ever.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2005
1604 posts
977 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote: Oh so you're just retelling what occurred to someone else are are making conclusions based on that. Sorry for the confusion, I didn't catch that the first time.

You seem to be trying to goad noproblem over this

I will vouch for people over phone and door to door sales claiming that they are your "personal contact" at Bell and "guaranteeing" the promo price for full term
Which is bs
Bell always makes increases in pricing during the term

I once asked a rep how does he know he will even be employed with Bell for next 2 years and they can't answer that
Koodo $45 60GB 5G + Unlimited Long Distance Perk (28 Countries)
Public $120 180GB + Canada Wide (90 Day plan; less rewards = $20 per month)
Freedom $35 North America Wide + 20GB + 1GB Roaming
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
kav2001c wrote: You seem to be trying to goad noproblem over this

I will vouch for people over phone and door to door sales claiming that they are your "personal contact" at Bell and "guaranteeing" the promo price for full term
Which is bs
Bell always makes increases in pricing during the term

I once asked a rep how does he know he will even be employed with Bell for next 2 years and they can't answer that
I agree with what you said 100% and we discussed this issue many times before. Sales people over the phone are mostly outsourced employees across the world and door-to-door people (field agents) are mostly kids in their early 20s who will say anything and everything that benefits them in order to ensure their sale goes through and they receive their commission cheque. Although unethical, it happens in every industry and is one of the cornerstones of capitalism: you pay for being poorly informed (and taken advantage of). These people do not get paid very much money which further increases their motivation to skew the truth as much as possible to entice you to buy their product. Also remember that when they are on the phone with you or at your front door, they have to be quite aggressive otherwise you will either hang up or slam your door in their face (door to door salespeople aren't exactly welcomed in most households).

Companies might instruct you to pitch things in a certain way where you will emphasize things that benefit them and sway the attention from something else but they will NEVER EVER instruct their employees to lie and provide clients with incorrect information (not even because they don't want to but because that information would leak out very quickly and there would be multi million lawsuits on every corner, not to mention the bad publicity and the taint this would leave on a company's brand). Therefore to come here and vent your personal frustration and imply that a handful minimum wage 20 yr old employees are a mirror image of a nation wide corporation is absolute nonsense. If this was the case, it would be exposed quickly and the company would seize to exist very quickly.

My point was also that regardless what some rep tells you, it is your duty as a conscious consumer to read your agreement and terms of use. Anyone that does that will very quickly see that your monthly total is not guaranteed but your discounts, and that all major telecommunication companies have annual increases. Anyone that fails to read what they are signing up for should at least say "I made a big mistake of not reading my contract, fool me once but never again" but this never happens.

This is why I am always the first one to say that you should only do business with agents that either work at your local store that you can go and hassle if they wrong you in any way or, even better, vetted reps that someone you know can vouch for: your friends, family, RFD, etc.
Oct 16, 2012
131 posts
92 upvotes
Toronto
Been with bell for well over 10 years. Current bill is
-262.50 after taxes

-TV best pkg. HD receiver and 1 wireless receiver.(124$)
-Fibe 25 300 gig. We use no more than 60gig a month(58$)
-Home phone Choice pkg with 10$ long distance(51$)

In toronto, anyone have thoughts or similar pkg for a far better price?
Jul 14, 2013
8 posts
Toronto
I have been with Rogers for years but we are moving to a Cogeco/Bell Fibe area. For Rogers deals the message boards here always helped me get great deals but I am struggling to find deals for Bell. Talking to their people in the live chat, they basically just quote me what I can see on their website and they always offer me slow ass internet options. Does anyone have advice on the best way to get a good bundle deal with Bell?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
Kevinrutherford wrote: I have been with Rogers for years but we are moving to a Cogeco/Bell Fibe area. For Rogers deals the message boards here always helped me get great deals but I am struggling to find deals for Bell. Talking to their people in the live chat, they basically just quote me what I can see on their website and they always offer me slow ass internet options. Does anyone have advice on the best way to get a good bundle deal with Bell?
Definitely not online chat, those are outsourced employees in India and the Philippines and they can only offer you what is available on the website. Additionally it is pointless to get into any discussion with them since they follow a script (they have no idea what Bell actually is) and they wont deviate from it. Finally, when you see their name in the Chat window, know that it is not their actual name but a name randomly generated by the system (it might be Brian but you might actually be talking to Filomena).

Quality of deals are listed below, from worst to best:

First: Website or Online Chat
Second: Bell customer service (general number)
Third: Retail locations
Fourth: Field Agents (door to door salespeople)
Fifth: Level 2 agents
Sixth: Backoffice agents
Seventh: Executive office agents

How you find these people? Read through the forum, that is a good start. Or ask around.
Jun 4, 2010
5 posts
kcorscadden wrote: Signed up last night on a business line of 300/300 unlimited, free activation/installation and $300 credit. Price per month is $53.95. Unfortunately it comes with a 3 yr contract which I was very hesitant about.

Leaving Start which was 50/10 cable unlimited for $65 a month.

As long as Bell doesn't screw me, I think I am doing the right thing, or so I hope
Well, Bell did screw me on this one. I also signed up for a similar deal as yours, except that mine was for fiber 150/150 and no $300 bill credit - but I was going to pay $53.95/month for a 3yr contract. Now I received my first bill and they are trying to charge me $76 for this plan! I spent more than 2 hours on the phone this morning, being transferred from agent to agent and nobody seems to have any record of the price offered by the sales rep. I eventually got transferred to retention and they promised they will try to investigate. Did anybody have problems with Bell honoring their sales rep offer?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
gabusam wrote: Well, Bell did screw me on this one. I also signed up for a similar deal as yours, except that mine was for fiber 150/150 and no $300 bill credit - but I was going to pay $53.95/month for a 3yr contract. Now I received my first bill and they are trying to charge me $76 for this plan! I spent more than 2 hours on the phone this morning, being transferred from agent to agent and nobody seems to have any record of the price offered by the sales rep. I eventually got transferred to retention and they promised they will try to investigate. Did anybody have problems with Bell honoring their sales rep offer?
Is the plan $76 or the total of your bill? Because the first bills are always pro-rated. Essentially you pay for phones, internet etc the same way you pay rent: in advance. So your first bill is always one months + a few days, depending on when your billing cycle is.
Jun 4, 2010
5 posts
Euro2012 wrote: Fibe 300 for $40/mth? I wish Santa is that good to me as well. Thanks for this feedback :)
Did you receive your bill yet? If so, did they honor this offer?
Jun 4, 2010
5 posts
Euro2012 wrote: Is the plan $76 or the total of your bill? Because the first bills are always pro-rated. Essentially you pay for phones, internet etc the same way you pay rent: in advance. So your first bill is always one months + a few days, depending on when your billing cycle is.
The $76 is what the rep told me over the phone, based on what they had on their system. The actual bill says $134.95 less som magical $37.51 credits from discounts for the pro-rated period (with no explanation how they figured that credit). The total bill was $110.11 with taxes. I tried to figure out the way they prorated and it makes no sense at all. Clearly, there must be errors there. But right now, the most important is for them to honour the initial agreement.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
gabusam wrote: The $76 is what the rep told me over the phone, based on what they had on their system. The actual bill says $134.95 less som magical $37.51 credits from discounts for the pro-rated period (with no explanation how they figured that credit). The total bill was $110.11 with taxes. I tried to figure out the way they prorated and it makes no sense at all. Clearly, there must be errors there. But right now, the most important is for them to honour the initial agreement.
Oh there is another trick I forgot to tell you about, that prorated month does not come with discounts (this is in your agreement - that only full billing periods are discounted).

I think the easiest thing to do is post your bill on here (remove all your private information of course) and I can likely help you decipher it, I've seen many of them :)

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)