Bell

Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 6:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
Techmann wrote: I love how they quote a "free upgrade to Home Hub 3000"..its because Home Hub 2000 wont do Gigabit..I take it, thou, that the PVR/receiver option remained unchanged..be careful thou..I don't know how true this is but was informed, if I ditched home phone altogether, the PVR credit would disappear..since the phone is almost same price as the PVR credit, figured best keep it as a back-up
The Home Hub 2000 will do gigabit just fine.

TheZodiac wrote: How are you guys getting these great offers from BELL?
the Chat guy I was on with offered me Better TV, Fibe 300 and Hone Phone lite for 220 plus tax LOL
I've gotten great deals every year, but this year is a laugh so far. I'm waiting for a loyalty person to call me back. Since last June they screwed up my promo and my internet promo was only 12 months yet my TV promo was 16 months. So my internet promo expired yesterday and my TV goes until Oct. So i called and the new promo they could offer me was going to raise my bill $35. Even tho i could just go into my account select the 50/10 package, then revert back to 100/10 and my bill would only go up $5. So after 2 hours on the phone and 3 disconnections then 4th lady was very nice and had no idea why they kept me on the phone so long, and said always if the longterm (7+ years) customer has a competing offer we refer them to the loyalty and they get a call back with the deal they are going to offer me.

My cogeco deal they put in my mail box was 120mbit unlimited + pick 40 tv + 4k tivo for $89 a month. So we shall see if bell even comes close to it. Right now i pay $119+tax for 100/10+Better 4K TV, home phone. I'd be totally happy just keeping that price.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
Just signed up for

1gb internet
Better TV with extra receiver
Phone with all futers + unlisted service
tax in 116 for 2 years 155 after
It also comes with 2 months of free Hollywood suite, Super channel, TMN, Encore, crave, HBO.

Goodbye Robees.
Dec 25, 2003
227 posts
31 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yyzaf1 wrote: Just signed up for

1gb internet
It also comes with 2 months of free Hollywood suite, Super channel, TMN, Encore, crave, HBO.

Goodbye Robees.
That's a great deal. How did you get it? I'm trying to change from Rogers too. Is there a promotion code I can refer to?

I called Bell yesterday and they asked me if I got any mail that contained a promo code. They were quoting me about $150 + tax for what you got.
Oct 14, 2014
498 posts
332 upvotes
Toronto, ON

1gb internet

Goodbye Robees.
Pretty good deal.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
metallickirby wrote: That's a great deal. How did you get it? I'm trying to change from Rogers too. Is there a promotion code I can refer to?

I called Bell yesterday and they asked me if I got any mail that contained a promo code. They were quoting me about $150 + tax for what you got.
I am in a new development and was given a contact to sales person for new developments.
The house phone (basic) s free for as long as I have services I am paying $8 for all the futures and also for not listing my phone.
TV has permanent i think (60%) discount as long as i keep the service. And internet is 99$ off for 2 years. no set up fee and no fee for extra wireless receiver.
Nov 13, 2009
786 posts
197 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
Artwebb1986 wrote: The Home Hub 2000 will do gigabit just fine.

I've gotten great deals every year, but this year is a laugh so far. I'm waiting for a loyalty person to call me back. Since last June they screwed up my promo and my internet promo was only 12 months yet my TV promo was 16 months. So my internet promo expired yesterday and my TV goes until Oct. So i called and the new promo they could offer me was going to raise my bill $35. Even tho i could just go into my account select the 50/10 package, then revert back to 100/10 and my bill would only go up $5. So after 2 hours on the phone and 3 disconnections then 4th lady was very nice and had no idea why they kept me on the phone so long, and said always if the longterm (7+ years) customer has a competing offer we refer them to the loyalty and they get a call back with the deal they are going to offer me.

My cogeco deal they put in my mail box was 120mbit unlimited + pick 40 tv + 4k tivo for $89 a month. So we shall see if bell even comes close to it. Right now i pay $119+tax for 100/10+Better 4K TV, home phone. I'd be totally happy just keeping that price.
Perhaps I should have worded it more the way Bell quoted it to me..although I have heard the HH 2000 doesn't handle gigabit as well
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
Techmann wrote: Perhaps I should have worded it more the way Bell quoted it to me..although I have heard the HH 2000 doesn't handle gigabit as well
So better yet the HH2000 handles gigabit just as well as the HH3000.
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
Techmann wrote: For the life of me, all I think you wish to do is argue..As I said, Euro explained how it was the person was using Tekksavy interrnet while Bell Fibe TV was playing..I did not say anything further about Tekksavy supplying the internet for Bell Fibe to play on as he clarified the situation.
As for Apple TV, the point I made was "I have seen it playing on Apple TV but they had a FIBE subscription" Yes..only at the address of the account. The same is for the Bell app applied to an android box " You can watch Bell TV content on an Android TV device only from your home. If you try to watch Bell TV content when away from home, you will get an error message even if you’re logged in to MyBell on the Android TV device." Not all Android boxes properly accept the Bell app, and if they did and it could be used anywhere else except the address to which the account was, the CRTC would have any and all Android boxes immediately banned from sales and pulled off Amazon etc. That includes Nvidia Shield.
Nividia Shield is an authentic media player so it will not accept hacked apps. On the other hand most other Android players will and they are able to have Bell app tv working at different address since they mimic mobile devices.
As far as sales of loaded android boxes then it is illegal in Canada to sell them but the ban has not stopped anybody from selling them.
They are still available in many places, loaded or not.
https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-kodi-bo ... da-170321/
Nov 13, 2009
786 posts
197 upvotes
Somewhere N of 49th …
discostar wrote: Nividia Shield is an authentic media player so it will not accept hacked apps. On the other hand most other Android players will and they are able to have Bell app tv working at different address since they mimic mobile devices.
As far as sales of loaded android boxes then it is illegal in Canada to sell them but the ban has not stopped anybody from selling them.
They are still available in many places, loaded or not.
https://torrentfreak.com/pirate-kodi-bo ... da-170321/
I give up..you go on repeating what I have already said..I do not give a rats butt about "loaded" Kodi/Showtime android boxes because most of the forks/devs on them are dropping out due to the constant lawsuit bombardment from Direct TV etc..Android boxes with the Bell App on them, CANNOT be used at another address other than the address assigned, they will shoot out an error message..and NO, android boxes do not mimic a mobile device. As stated, if the android boxes were able to effectively use the Bell app, the CRTC would mandate pulling them from everywhere including Amazon and there would be no ifs, ands or buts.
And yes, the Nvidia Shield will accept hacked apps after it is rooted.
This is as far as I go on this since this is Bell New Customers/Retention thread, not an Android box thread.
Last edited by Techmann on Jun 23rd, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 8, 2006
414 posts
61 upvotes

1gb internet

Goodbye Robees.
I tried to get this deal via chat, but they came back with $175 (and a $300 gift card). They didn't seem to have much wiggle room... Can anyone shed some light on the best approach for getting a deal from Bell as a new customer (currently with Rogers). Does it make a difference to go through chat, phone or store?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2007
1002 posts
251 upvotes
Ottawa
AGRIECO87 wrote: I called Rogers yesterday. They offered me Popular TV / ignite GB internet (unlimited) / basic home phone for $109.98 for 24 months, after which my bill would go up to $245.98 / month (ouch!!). I told them yes and had an install date scheduled for this coming Friday. They offered to cancel Bell services on my behalf, which I gladly accepted.
Just a note that Rogers will only put the cancellation request in after they get you up and running. As per CRTC regulations they are not allowed to interfere with competitors customers. Bell will get wind of you switching when they get the number porting request from Rogers. I am hoping bell will offer me a similar deal as you got. The deal they were offering me to continue my services was a joke so i called Rogers and signed up with them.
Apr 24, 2007
192 posts
10 upvotes
is $99/month for gigabit fibe with free install considered a good deal?

No term contract and price won't jump back up. $50 off basically.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
SAV_ wrote: is $99/month for gigabit fibe with free install considered a good deal?

No term contract and price won't jump back up. $50 off basically.
no
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2005
1000 posts
409 upvotes
St. Catharines ON
Hey Euro.

Who has access to better deals, chat or the people in Bell stores?
Nov 27, 2012
10 posts
3 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Looking for a internet/ cable deal in Richmond hill ontario. Please pm.
Apr 24, 2007
192 posts
10 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote: no
So what's considered a good deal for gigabit internet? Currently paying about the same with Rogers Gigabit and basic TV + PVR. Not getting anywhere near gigabit though.
Oct 4, 2006
377 posts
143 upvotes
I’m ending my year long promo with Shaw in a few weeks (internet 75 plus small tv + 4 packs for $65 a month)...any Bell MTS reps that can pass me a deal for approx the same monthly bill? Located in Winnipeg...
Aug 10, 2011
510 posts
195 upvotes
EAST YORK
Looking for internet and tv deal in toronto. We just got ftth and wasofferred 300 speed and starter tv with pvr for 63 per month for 2 years

Please pm me with anything with better channels
Freedom Promo Everywhere 50 20GB($32.50 - 35% F&F + 50GB big binge ) X2 plans
Freedom 19.5GB $24.25 ( $5 digital discount and 35% F&F + 50GB big binge)
Freedom 1.2GB addon line 10$ + 50 GB big binge
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
Ggun12 wrote: Looking for a internet/ cable deal in Richmond hill ontario. Please pm.
Respect the forum, asking for PMs from solicitors is against forum rules.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
one-cheap-guy wrote: Hey Euro.

Who has access to better deals, chat or the people in Bell stores?
Chat agents only have deals available on Bell.ca and perhaps something that is specific to your address (which a store agent would see as well). Store agents are able to offer you all that as well BUT they do have a couple more tricks up their sleeve to improve your offer such as the assisted install team etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)