Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 10:06 am
Jul 22, 2011
586 posts
118 upvotes
Burlington
Terrible

I’m paying
$34.99 for 300U Internet
$10 for Home Phone Basic
$72 for Better TV with free 4K pvr and 1 wireless
Jul 22, 2011
586 posts
118 upvotes
Burlington
dbzkid777 wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 2:18 pm
So I managed to get a hold of a Bell executive member and they offered me this (existing customer):

Good TV with à la carte 15 = $42.95
Fibe 25 Internet Unlimited = $47.95
Basic Phone = $19.95

Subtotal is $110.95 before taxes, thoughts?
Terrible

I’m paying
$34.99 for 300U Internet
$10 for Home Phone Basic
$72 for Better TV with free 4K pvr and 1 wireless
Feb 13, 2016
81 posts
24 upvotes
I am currently with Rogers but am moving to Milton and Rogers doesn't have service there. Any good deals with Bell currently for new customers?
Jun 23, 2008
61 posts
8 upvotes
Salisbury
Just got off the phone with Bell as i'm up for renewal on some of my promotions. I was on the better choice bundle, 300/100, home phone for $119. The best he could offer for the exact same thing (with upgraded modem) was $179. lol. I very politely told him i will call back with a cancellation date as soon as i get an new install date with rogers.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1276 posts
167 upvotes
Halifax
My monthly bill for the Good bundle went from 159 to 185+ taxes in NS. I have to call them to see what can be done, would love to get the best tips. Should I threaten to cancel? Actually put in a cancellation request?
Surface Pro's are so expensive but such a good laptop replacement, lighter than ultra books!
Aug 23, 2003
446 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
So does Zara not reply to email anymore? I sent her a couple but I have not heard a thing.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4357 posts
203 upvotes
Toronto
I tried to reach out to her in November, not a single response.
nino wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 1:30 pm
So does Zara not reply to email anymore? I sent her a couple but I have not heard a thing.
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Oct 29, 2016
240 posts
71 upvotes
I got no response from the best Bell deals gmail. I need a quote asap for new activations but don't want to do it with a phone rep
Apr 14, 2011
6 posts
Hi...Existing Rogers Customer with Ignite 100u unlimited @ $59.99 + tax until Mid Feb.

Offers I received today from:

Rogers (via facebook) ...150u unlimited @ $59.99 + tax for 12 mos.

Bell (via Bell.ca chat) ... Fibe 300 unlimited @ $59.99 +tax for 12 mos. (plus one-time activation fee $59.95+tax)

Do you guys think I can do better?

By the way, is Bell Fibe reliable/better?

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5053 posts
4961 upvotes
Toronto
fuffina wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 10:42 am
By the way, is Bell Fibe reliable/better?
In my neighbourhood, Bell FTTN and now FTTH are both more reliable than Rogers Ignite.

Rogers always had problems where 5-6 times an evening, the connection would just quiver/hesitate, and pages would take 5-6 seconds to load or just hang loading.

No such problems with Bell, and latency is lower too (Bell 3ms, Rogers usually around 9ms) but that's a minor if any noticeable benefit for most people.
I've got a pretty good friend who's seen me at my worst.
He don't care if I'm a blessing or a curse,
But he always shows up when the chips are down.
That's the kind of friend I like to be around.
Jan 29, 2018
2 posts
I am moving into a new condo in downtown Toronto and the just the other day Bell Chat also quoted
"Fibre 300 unlimited @ $59.99 +tax for 12 mos. (plus one-time activation fee $59.95+tax) "

Then the Bell rep for my building offered exact same thing but willing to give me VISA gift card $60 as I asked him o waive the install fee.
So it looks like this is the best we can do. I did see one response someone getting Fibre 300 for $24.95 but seems to good to be true.

My building is brand new so the Fibre FTTH is top quality. This is the reason I want to give it a try. Coax cable is same old so nothing new.
May 27, 2010
243 posts
33 upvotes
Called retentions/loyalty (a day ago) and had a deal set up for $110.95 with a promise that the price would not change for 24 months, without increases (it was a modified and discounted deal from $119.95, for 24 months). The first representative had to talk to their manager, apparently, to get the deal.

Fast forward to today, I get an email with confirmation, from the a regular Bell representative, confirming the appointment. Their email states the first bill will be $119.95 (the original offered amount, not the final amount promised). I call retentions and they (second representative) clarified that it was a mistake and the original representative did not account for the $9 increase happening March 1st. He claimed to fix it and said I would only be charged $110.95 and guaranteed that the price would remain that for 24 months. Another email was then sent, also stating the first bill would be $119.95.

Called one last time and the representative I received said there is an increase on March 1st and that is what I will be paying because that is what is being offered, right now, and I won't have a bill for $110.95 (as previously promised by two retentions/loyalty representatives). She said no one could guarantee the price and said there was no records of previous deals made from reps (despite the 2nd rep confirming that he saw the $110.95 deal from the first rep). I am confused. Why would retentions offer me a deal of $110.95 if they intended on raising it $8 before I ever received my first invoice? Also, if the original deal offered to me was $119.95 (before dropping the price to $110.95), would this mean I would have never even paid the $119.95, but an even higher amount? The third representative was hard to understand and quite rude. She kept talking about discounts, saying no rep could promise a fixed price. The first invoice should be $110.95, as promised, whether it is fixed for the 24 months or only a fixed discount. Why would anyone receive an initial invoice higher than what was promised? I am not sure if this is typically how Bell (Aliant) works, but it seems dishonest. It sounds to me that they were trying to get me to pay $119.95, regardless of what previous representatives promised me.
Last edited by baconcow on Jan 31st, 2018 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
3259 posts
1734 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Hey All, posted this in the Rogers thread as well

Just a heads up, rate hikes are coming to both BELL and ROGERS in March or April. You should see an increase in price by $3 to $5.

Savings Guarantee does not mean Price Guarantee, FYI!
#WeTheNorth
May 27, 2010
243 posts
33 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 12:47 pm
Hey All, posted this in the Rogers thread as well
We were just told $9 on March 1. As mentioned in my above post, they offered us a deal ($110.95) that will apparently increase before our first invoice, which makes no sense. On a different point, we were also promised no price increases for the 24 months, which I am now seeing is probably a lie.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1569 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
baconcow wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 1:17 pm
We were just told $9 on March 1. As mentioned in my above post, they offered us a deal ($110.95) that will apparently increase before our first invoice, which makes no sense. On a different point, we were also promised no price increases for the 24 months, which I am now seeing is probably a lie.
esq05 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2018 4:27 pm
FYI - I guess these would apply to all the current promo prices?
https://www.bell.ca/servicerates

New residential rates – effective April 1, 2018.
Services Rate adjustment
Long Distance International Plus package +$1/mo.
Long distance per-minute rates* +10%
Home phone packages +$2/mo.
Internet service +$5/mo.
Internet usage above plan is increasing from $3 to $4/additional GB
The above is ON... so would your bill go up again in April 1, 2018 since they have already included the +$9 into you bill today?.... also not sure how the $9 adds up to the $5+$2 mentioned on the bell website.