Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 10:06 am
Oct 14, 2014
424 posts
269 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ReFuGeE wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 12:56 pm
Just got off the phone with Bell Sales

Got the following offer for my address (condominium)

Good TV
TMN/HBO first two months only
Gigabit Unlimited
Home Hub 3000
4k whole home pvr

$89.90 for the first year, $155 after

No contract, no installation/activation fee. After the first year I can bail.

Any thoughts?
Pretty decent.
Jul 11, 2007
916 posts
84 upvotes
Heads up to those with a landline still. You will be forced to switch to VOIP if you upgrade to Fibre Internet. I was told by the installer they would be transitioning everyone with Home Phone over to VOIP.

Of course, dealing with dishonest Bell reps, I was never told this and actually had the fact that they used a landline for home phone highlighted as a benefit over Rogers. The primary reason why I even stayed with Bell was wanting to keep the landline for my home security system.
Oct 29, 2016
240 posts
71 upvotes
stillmatic11 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 2:28 pm
Heads up to those with a landline still. You will be forced to switch to VOIP if you upgrade to Fibre Internet. I was told by the installer they would be transitioning everyone with Home Phone over to VOIP.

Of course, dealing with dishonest Bell reps, I was never told this and actually had the fact that they used a landline for home phone highlighted as a benefit over Rogers. The primary reason why I even stayed with Bell was wanting to keep the landline for my home security system.
Wait so am I already on voip with them now? I've had Fibe internet and bell home phone since I moved to this house in 2002.
I'm currently sitting on free home phone until August because of a billing mess up and was planning to port out my home number to voip.
Aug 7, 2005
668 posts
71 upvotes
Toronto
Euro2012 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 4:58 pm

As for the offer, the 2year promos are around once again and the best one that I have came across is the Good TV, HBO for 24 months, Gigabit Unlimited internet and Home phone lite for 99.95. The Better TV option was 119.95
If the two year deals are back I may go with that instead.

How can we take advantage of this offer??
Feb 7, 2008
363 posts
157 upvotes
St Catharines
I just got off with Bell.ca chat for my parents in Waterloo, they were offered:
  • Fibe Good Tv + A la carte 10 + 4 K PVR + 2 additional HD receiver + Fibe 50 with Unlimited usage + Home phone Lite with Unlimited US/CAN
  • $157.85/mo (178$ after HST)) for first 24 months.
The a la carte 10 was because they wanted some specialty channels, and according to the rep cheaper than getting the Better package (e.g., BNN, Space). The Extra receivers are for the upstairs/workshop, and US/CAN for calling the grandkids (i.e., my family in the Niagara region).

We were hoping to get to the 99$ range, but I think we might be dreaming at this stage.

We're also currently in negotiations with Rogers after 40 years of service with them, but they aren't much better in terms of price (closer to 150$ after tax though). Anyone have any suggestions?
Mobile: Koodo - 8gb 55$ Canada-wide
Internet: Carrytel 60/10 29$
TV: FTA Antenna + Netflix
Aug 5, 2011
122 posts
2 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Hi

I'm a new client...does this deal apply to houses? Is yes, is this a straight forward deal or do we need to negotiate hard for it?

Thanks
DealEcstatic
Euro2012 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 4:58 pm
Why say from my understanding when you are a Bell rep and you know very well what the terms and conditions of this offer are. Either be straight forward or at least refrain from being dishonest with people on here.

As for the offer, the 2year promos are around once again and the best one that I have came across is the Good TV, HBO for 24 months, Gigabit Unlimited internet and Home phone lite for 99.95. The Better TV option was 119.95
Jun 5, 2017
29 posts
4 upvotes
The New Promo Offers

FTTN

Good tv
Fibe 25 (350gb cap)
Home phone Lite
TMN/HBO 2 months free

$98.85 for 2 years

Good TV
Fibe 50 (Unlimited Data)
Home Phone Lite
TMN/HBO 2 months free

113.85 for 2 years

Good TV
Fibe 25(350gb)
TMN HBO 2 months free
Install fee 59.95

86.85 for 2 years

FTTH

Good TV
Fibe 300 (350gb)
Home phone lite
TMN HBO 2 months free

98.85 For 2 years

If you want to upgrade to unlimted is $15, and upgrade to Better TV $26
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2275 posts
699 upvotes
TORONTO
ReFuGeE wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 5:23 pm
If the two year deals are back I may go with that instead.

How can we take advantage of this offer??
It might have been location dependent, I did not ask. It was actually an agent at my local store that offered it, he said he would call in their back office and readjust my order to that - I can ask tomorrow after work. I dealt with Zara before but she is taking a leave of absence so I am looking for other alternatives.

You can always do much better than what field agents (door to door reps) will offer you if you go through different channels. The reason for this is that field agents are actually not allowed to process orders themselves (they contact their call center to do that) so you can forget ever getting something tweaked. The only offer they seem to be beating these days is what is listed on the website but those offers are outrageous and very few people sign up for those.
Jan 14, 2017
189 posts
58 upvotes
I have a quote for FibeTV that expired yesterday. Today, the price has increased $20/mth (no receiver credit).

Is it possible to get original quoted price?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2275 posts
699 upvotes
TORONTO
dealisdead wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:51 am
I have a quote for FibeTV that expired yesterday. Today, the price has increased $20/mth (no receiver credit).

Is it possible to get original quoted price?
Is it an official quote or just something an agent has told you?
Jan 14, 2017
189 posts
58 upvotes
Euro2012 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:35 am
Is it an official quote or just something an agent has told you?
Official

Including quotation number and expiry date.
Aug 20, 2009
6207 posts
924 upvotes
Grimsby
Folks, please let the staff deal with issues of solicitation. If you suspect someone of doing so then please report the post or PM one of the mods and we will look into it. I am going to clean up the posts a bit but no warnings will be issued, this time.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2275 posts
699 upvotes
TORONTO
dealisdead wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:58 am
Official

Including quotation number and expiry date.
The simple answer is no but you can try several things:

1. Ask the agent at the store to call the order retention department and see if they still have the code available or if they can (and they most likely can) spice up your offer in some other way.

2. Fill out a complaint form, say that an agent told you that the offer would be available until Friday, lets say, but now it has expired and you are quite unhappy. Someone will call you back, be polite and reason with them and they should honor it for you.

There is no straight forward way of doing this but in the past I was able to get what I wanted in similar situations but going with these methods.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2275 posts
699 upvotes
TORONTO
bengigan wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 1:20 am
Is this price locked? Or at least discount-locked for 2 years?
I just got this exact same scheme for my client.
His is 99.85 + $7 for a single channel addon.
But the difference is he only has 12 month promo on TV/internet.
Home phone promo is ongoing, making it net $14.95

His does include unlimited internet at the 99.85, but I don't like how hes on a 2 year contract while the discounts are only 12 months.
I will try to address your concerns for this offer:

The price is not locked but the discount is.
The internet promo is for 12 months only, that is the catch.
The internet usage is not unlimited by 350GB, but that is stated in the offer.
The 2 year contract with 12month discount is a marketing strategy to get more money from you.