Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 8:13 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
ids748 wrote: I called bell yesterday and spent a half hour on the phone. The cheapest they would give me exactly what you have, but no fire stick, was 97/month. I have been with them for 3 years! I had the same as your previous package for the last 3 years however. I guess it will take one or two calls to get what you have!
$97 is just current retail price. Fibe 50 is $67 and Alt TV Premium is $30 - straight off the website. And those aren't new customer promo prices, but regular prices.

Don't give in to that.
Dec 1, 2018
462 posts
409 upvotes
ON
someone was able to extend 59.95 mo offer for a year from bell? mine will expire next month, have only cogeco and bell options
KUBA: Know Understand Believe and Act.
May 25, 2010
704 posts
1010 upvotes
Orillia
Haliburton area, Pretty sure this won't apply to most but this is what I got - Internet unlimited I think its 10/1 and satellite tv basic with PVR receiver including install for $69 a month....
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
I got my Fibe services installed this morning, and now when I try using my fire stick, it says I need unlimited internet usage to watch Fibe tv (which I do), has anyone experienced this issue before?
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1457 posts
2840 upvotes
Scarborough
engman13 wrote: I got my Fibe services installed this morning, and now when I try using my fire stick, it says I need unlimited internet usage to watch Fibe tv (which I do), has anyone experienced this issue before?
I've seen that glitch before, during activation of a new account. I think the only fix is to wait for your account to be fully set up in Bell's backend. Probably good to go in 24 to 48 hrs.
RFD Member # 3476!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
freebie wrote: I've seen that glitch before, during activation of a new account. I think the only fix is to wait for your account to be fully set up in Bell's backend. Probably good to go in 24 to 48 hrs.
I guess I'll have to wait and see. I've called Bell and they don't see any issues on their end and my account is in fact unlimited. If nothing in a day then I'll see what they can do
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
any cheap fibe500 deal? I got a promo from my mailbox a while ago that is $40 for fibe for a year but was told this is expired on Dec 31 and instead they are offering me $70 fibe 1000 but obviously i dont want it.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
I ran a speed test using my laptop while on the 5G network this morning and I'm only getting around 250ul/300dl. The technician told me to do speed tests through the modem itself and that is getting over a gigabit of dl. Is there an issue that i'm losing that much speed between the modem and my laptop? I have a small house and i'm not very far from my modem which is on the main floor.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
engman13 wrote: I ran a speed test using my laptop while on the 5G network this morning and I'm only getting around 250ul/300dl. The technician told me to do speed tests through the modem itself and that is getting over a gigabit of dl. Is there an issue that i'm losing that much speed between the modem and my laptop? I have a small house and i'm not very far from my modem which is on the main floor.
May be normal over WiFi. Depends on lots of factors, not the least of which are the capabilities of the laptop itself.
Sep 20, 2010
5 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Was able to call in today and still get this deal. They did ask how I got the number and if I had a field rep's ID number (asked for a B-number?). I just told him that someone did come to my door; but he didn't leave a B#, just this phone number. Ended up getting the deal below plus 12 movie package for $99.90. Been waiting for a <$100 deal for Bell! Thx!!
illest23 wrote: You can call the department for new activations directly at 18665580708. You will be able to place an order with them as long as your address qualifies for bell services. This number is for new customers only, and they will not be able to help if you already have existing services.

Current Field Offer:
$99.90 x 24 Months
Better TV
Gigabit Internet
Home Phone Lite
4k PVR
No Activation fees

Offer ends today, take advantage of a rare Better TV package for under $100 for 2 years.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
EugW wrote: May be normal over WiFi. Depends on lots of factors, not the least of which are the capabilities of the laptop itself.
Do these modems do separate 2.4 and 5g networks or is it all the same? I went into modem settings and can't see anything. I feel like my technician just named the network 5g because it was like that under the Rogers modem which did separate networks.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
engman13 wrote: I ran a speed test using my laptop while on the 5G network this morning and I'm only getting around 250ul/300dl. The technician told me to do speed tests through the modem itself and that is getting over a gigabit of dl. Is there an issue that i'm losing that much speed between the modem and my laptop? I have a small house and i'm not very far from my modem which is on the main floor.
That's decent for Wifi. Exact reason why I don't use wifi for anything but my cell phone.
Nov 15, 2008
38 posts
3 upvotes
Terrace
So i have

Five 300

Fibe TV Good ( which i never use, i find the interface very annoying )

Home Phone Lite package

Total before tax 131.84

After tax - 148.98.

Is this any good ? or could i get it lower?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
celine_uk_canada wrote: So i have

Five 300

Home Phone Lite package

Total before tax 131.84

After tax - 148.98.

If you don't like their TV, why don't you cancel it or downgrade it?
Aug 12, 2017
767 posts
323 upvotes
Mississauga
celine_uk_canada wrote: So i have

Five 300

Home Phone Lite package

Total before tax 131.84

After tax - 148.98.

It is not a great deal but if you never watch tv then why keep paying for it, just get the internet and you should be getting better offer.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
Artwebb1986 wrote: That's decent for Wifi. Exact reason why I don't use wifi for anything but my cell phone.
I just did a speed test and now I'm getting 32 DL, 35 UL. That's not acceptable. Even if it is on my phone, I was getting ~500 mbps on my phone with Rogers.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
engman13 wrote: I just did a speed test and now I'm getting 32 DL, 35 UL. That's not acceptable. Even if it is on my phone, I was getting ~500 mbps on my phone with Rogers.
Sounds to me like you are using 2.4ghz Wifi.

I get 332/318 on my 300/300 connection at work on my galaxy s7.
Nov 15, 2008
38 posts
3 upvotes
Terrace
discostar wrote: It is not a great deal but if you never watch tv then why keep paying for it, just get the internet and you should be getting better offer.
Yeah i called them as the discount for the TV ended so they lowered it again and a little bit more, i will see if i can get them lower or cancel the TV, i mostly only use the TC for some shows you cant get else where but i find Bell TV sucks, it always puts french channels first and the one demand is very annoying to use.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
Artwebb1986 wrote: Sounds to me like you are using 2.4ghz Wifi.

I get 332/318 on my 300/300 connection at work on my galaxy s7.
I've gone into the modem settings and I can't find any indication of 2.4 or 5ghz. I guess I should call Bell? I own a Samsung s8
Feb 19, 2006
211 posts
207 upvotes
Moving into a condo in DT Toronto.
Ended up being offered $79.99/month for gigabit as well as ALT TV + Fire Stick.
I pushed back a bit so they included a $100 prepaid VISA, waived the $59.95 activation/installation fee and bumped it up to ALT premium for 6 months and I took it.
I really just wanted the internet so I may try to renegotiate to drop the ALT TV in 6 months - 1 year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)