Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 6:21 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2009
1290 posts
720 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Artwebb1986 wrote: You won't have any leverage.
well, I mean technically I could pack it all up and move back to Rogers right? If Rogers is willing to offer me something good for phone + internet. Before I switched to Bell, I was a long time Rogers customer 20year+.. I still have 1 cellphone line with them so that account is still active. I will see if they give anything good which I doubt haha but worth a shot.. then hopefully Bell can somewhat match. That's the ideal situation at least
Sep 15, 2018
439 posts
90 upvotes
Moved into a condo, need internet service. Looking for a good price. Pm me with any deals, thanks.
Feb 10, 2020
15 posts
4 upvotes
looking to move on from Videotron

2 cell lines, TV & internet. near Montreal

bell rep PM me
Sep 18, 2011
2 posts
Looking to switch now that my building has FTTH.

Yonge / Finch area. Please PM me with any deals/offers.
Feb 29, 2016
2 posts
Gigabit Fibe 1.5 (FTTH) + Alt TV for $65 + tax after my 1yr promotion expired. I'm told that this offer doesnt expire and is ongoing. Hopefully this information is useful for other existing customers in the Jane and Finch area.

Edit: I was offered through loyalty line
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
So I just had 1.5 gig fiber internet installed at my new condo. Running speed tests I am getting 100-250 down with like 400 upload speeds. With Rogers gigabit I used to get close to 900. Am I missing something here? I asked the technician and he said Rogers uses speed boosters and it's not the real speed. He also ran some internal speed bell speed test on my local IP and it showed 1.3 gigs download speeds. Not sure I trust their speed test. What do you guys think?

The okla speed tests were over wireless through phone and laptop.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2002
4598 posts
1658 upvotes
Brampton
motime wrote: So I just had 1.5 gig fiber internet installed at my new condo. Running speed tests I am getting 100-250 down with like 400 upload speeds. With Rogers gigabit I used to get close to 900. Am I missing something here? I asked the technician and he said Rogers uses speed boosters and it's not the real speed. He also ran some internal speed bell speed test on my local IP and it showed 1.3 gigs download speeds. Not sure I trust their speed test. What do you guys think?

Bell only tests and supports service level to their own servers. Past there, they pretend it is not their responsibility.
INFORMATION: The requested thread does not exist.
May 18, 2019
933 posts
513 upvotes
motime wrote: So I just had 1.5 gig fiber internet installed at my new condo. Running speed tests I am getting 100-250 down with like 400 upload speeds. With Rogers gigabit I used to get close to 900. Am I missing something here? I asked the technician and he said Rogers uses speed boosters and it's not the real speed. He also ran some internal speed bell speed test on my local IP and it showed 1.3 gigs download speeds. Not sure I trust their speed test. What do you guys think?

Test it through a wired connection and if you are still getting the same results contact their technical support.
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
NobleFalcon1 wrote: Test it through a wired connection and if you are still getting the same results contact their technical support.
Thanks, if through wired connection I get close to 900 then was the technician right in terms of Rogers using speed boosters? Because I was getting 800 down wirelessly through Rogers even though the internet would seem a bit sluggish at times.
Last edited by motime on Feb 12th, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 19, 2015
443 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Parents currently at $85 for Alt-TV, Homephone & Fibe 50.
Any deals cheaper than this with either the same internet speed or more? My parents would like to keep the homephone, and is indifferent with the Alt-Tv
Dec 16, 2019
16 posts
New customer looking for internet ( bundle open as option) for Toronto , Bell rep msg me.
May 18, 2019
933 posts
513 upvotes
motime wrote: Thanks, if through wired connection I get close to 900 then was the technician right in terms of Rogers using speed boosters? Because I was getting 800 down wirelessly through Rogers even though the internet would seem a bit sluggish at times.
Did you have the eero hub and beacon with Rogers internet?
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
NobleFalcon1 wrote: Did you have the eero hub and beacon with Rogers internet?
Just has their ignite grey modem.
May 18, 2019
933 posts
513 upvotes
motime wrote: Just has their ignite grey modem.
Then you didn't have the Wi-Fi boosters. Just test it on a corded connection and see what speed you get.
Sep 29, 2008
965 posts
200 upvotes
Mississauga
NobleFalcon1 wrote: Then you didn't have the Wi-Fi boosters. Just test it on a corded connection and see what speed you get.
Just wondering is Bell's 3000 modem known to have weak wifi speeds as compared to Rogers ignite modems? I guess I can buy my own router. Don't have an ethernet cable so will have to buy one to test. Thanks
Apr 2, 2008
61 posts
6 upvotes
London
Anyone had luck with a Rep PM them?? Need someone that serves london PM me or I will need to call late this afternoon.

Need to renegotiate:

Fibe 50
Good TV with PVR plus 2 extra receivers
Home phone
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
motime wrote: Thanks, if through wired connection I get close to 900 then was the technician right in terms of Rogers using speed boosters? Because I was getting 800 down wirelessly through Rogers even though the internet would seem a bit sluggish at times.
If you are getting 900mbit wired then there is nothing wrong. Very highly unlikely you were getting 800mbit over WiFi. 350-400mbit is a fantastic Wifi speed test.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
Rvd13 wrote: Anyone had luck with a Rep PM them?? Need someone that serves london PM me or I will need to call late this afternoon.

Need to renegotiate:

Fibe 50
Home phone
Not likely since they probably read the first post and see its against the rules.
May 18, 2019
933 posts
513 upvotes
Rvd13 wrote: Anyone had luck with a Rep PM them?? Need someone that serves london PM me or I will need to call late this afternoon.

Need to renegotiate:

Fibe 50
Home phone
Reps cannot help you anyway if you are an existing customer. Wish you the best of luck with Retention.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2002
2120 posts
47 upvotes
Last December I ended up with 1gig Internet, better TV with PVR and home phone for $110/month for 24 months. Now my friend in the same subdivision wants the same. Bell quoted $149.

Anything a rep can do? We're in Nobleton, part of King Township, north of Vaughan.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)