Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2019 4:38 pm
Jun 22, 2008
139 posts
12 upvotes
freebie wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:25 pm
I don't think it's that good of a deal... you'd be better off spending $10 more and getting the $99.90 bundle. Then you'd have an actual 4KPVR and can watch everything on your TV and you still have all the streaming features Alt TV has. Plus you get more channels with the Fibe TV Better package then the Alt TV Premium. And free installation. And home phone lol.
Pm me with the info
Jun 15, 2018
591 posts
208 upvotes
hvwozq wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 7:47 pm
Bell Chat rep offered Gigabit Internet + Alt TV Starter + Crave TV and free installation for $64.95/month. Bell Store rep had wished me good luck getting it lower than $79.99. Still not good enough though.
Lol good luck
Sep 27, 2014
6 posts
20 upvotes
Amherstview, ON
micah356 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 3:32 pm
Which number did you call?
I just called the 310 bell line and pressed option to cancel service. This automatically sends you to loyalty.
Sep 27, 2014
6 posts
20 upvotes
Amherstview, ON
freebie wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 1:25 pm
I don't think it's that good of a deal... you'd be better off spending $10 more and getting the $99.90 bundle. Then you'd have an actual 4KPVR and can watch everything on your TV and you still have all the streaming features Alt TV has. Plus you get more channels with the Fibe TV Better package then the Alt TV Premium. And free installation. And home phone lol.
They don't really offer these deals to existing customers. In the end my bill went down $30/mo for essentially the same service and its not a contract so I can cancel anytime.
Mar 22, 2007
49 posts
138 upvotes
I sent a message via the online form earlier today and just got off the phone with Bell. I told them that Rogers approached me with their $29 Gigabit Internet promo and I wanted to see if they could do anything with my bill. I'm currently on a $64.95 deal for 300/300 internet with Alt TV which expires in April.

They came back with an offer for Gigabit Internet plus Alt TV for $49.99 a month as the new ongoing price, which I accepted. I might have been able to negotiate more, but I figure saving $15 a month and getting way faster Internet is a win.
Images
  • Untitled.png
May 21, 2012
59 posts
NORTH YORK
Bell rep is offering 59.99 for a gigabit with 100 GC and 59.99 installation charge.

Is it a good deal? Currently with Rogers paying 42 with tax for a gigabit.

Thanks
T
Nov 10, 2007
39 posts
2 upvotes
Hey all, currently have fibe better tv (a couple of a la carte channels and time shift) with 4K rcvr and 1 wireless rcvr. $140 tax in a month. Also have Rogers 500u internet and home phone for $100 tax in a month. I know, not great right.

Cancelled Rogers internet as they wont give me a better 500u price and called bell retentions to get an all bell price. Bell came back with $175 + tax for existing tv, 50mb internet (fastest in my area) and home phone. I escalated and complained but they are not interested in giving me a better price. Any advice would be welcome on how to proceed.

Also, my current bell fibe is using 15mb of internet. If I get 50mb FTTn from a 3rd party, will I only actually get 35mb due to the bell 15mb being used?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1432 posts
2817 upvotes
Scarborough
skutterbutt wrote:
Feb 13th, 2019 8:16 pm
Hey all, currently have fibe better tv (a couple of a la carte channels and time shift) with 4K rcvr and 1 wireless rcvr. $140 tax in a month. Also have Rogers 500u internet and home phone for $100 tax in a month. I know, not great right.

Cancelled Rogers internet as they wont give me a better 500u price and called bell retentions to get an all bell price. Bell came back with $175 + tax for existing tv, 50mb internet (fastest in my area) and home phone. I escalated and complained but they are not interested in giving me a better price. Any advice would be welcome on how to proceed.

Also, my current bell fibe is using 15mb of internet. If I get 50mb FTTn from a 3rd party, will I only actually get 35mb due to the bell 15mb being used?

Thanks
If you get 3rd party FTTN service it shouldn't affect your existing Fibe TV. A separate line would need to be installed for the internet and you'd have 2 separate modems, one for Fibe TV and one for your other ISP.

Although, I'd recommend trying to bundle all your services together with either Rogers or Bell. I know you tried and couldn't get a better price thru either company but you can ask for promos as a "new customer", if you catch my drift... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
RFD Member # 3476!
Nov 10, 2007
39 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks for the response! I’m not really sure what you mean by new customer? Cancel and cross fingers?

Understood with the fttn, but if it’s using the same bell wiring from my cable box, won’t it be using the same max 50mb line? Still a little foggy to me.

Thanks again for the insight.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2003
1432 posts
2817 upvotes
Scarborough
The wiring is separate if you use 2 different FTTN providers at the same time. From the modem jack, to the demarcation point, all the way to the Bell network - it's a separate line. The speed of one of your services should not be affecting the speed of the other.

The new customer offer from Bell ($99.90/mo for 24 months for internet + Fibe TV + home phone) is still running and I'm sure Rogers also has something similar.
RFD Member # 3476!
Nov 10, 2007
39 posts
2 upvotes
Great thanks for the fttn info. I will confirm with Virgin that this is indeed the case if I have to go this way.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but if I'm as existing customer with Bell, how do I get the "new customer" offer?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2005
5367 posts
850 upvotes
Ontario / Quebec
Does anyone know how many copper pairs are required for FTTN50?

I always thought one copper pair will provide FTTN25 and both copper pairs are required for FTTN50

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

StevieP