Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 5:29 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16983 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 2:04 pm
If my choice was Rogers gigabit for $39.95 and bell gigabit for up to $80, I'd take bell every day of the week.
Why? is this based on experience? I had Bell FTTH Gigabit until last month and now have Rogers Gigabit. I can’t say that Bell was any more reliable, and download speeds are the same at 930+ Mbps, even during peak times, at least in my neighbourhood.

The main drawback with Rogers cable is the upload speed. On Bell I had 100 Mbps up on a 1000/100 plan (and now some get even faster speeds). On Rogers I get only 20-30 up on a 1000/30 plan. Luckily I’m not dependent upon upload speed, although it would be nice to have 50+ Mbps upload for the few times I upload large batches of files. It will also be interesting to see what Rogers does with their retail upload speeds come spring, as they are rolling out new tech then to increase upload speeds.
Jun 15, 2018
566 posts
194 upvotes
freshwater4ever wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 11:35 am
does anyone know if i cancel my existing bell service and sign up using another person name, will this consider as a new customer for the 99 dollars deal?
Every 6 months you are a new customer.
Jun 15, 2018
566 posts
194 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 3:49 pm
Why? is this based on experience? I had Bell FTTH Gigabit until last month and now have Rogers Gigabit. I can’t say that Bell was any more reliable, and download speeds are the same at 930+ Mbps, even during peak times, at least in my neighbourhood.

The main drawback with Rogers cable is the upload speed. On Bell I had 100 Mbps up on a 1000/100 plan (and now some get even faster speeds). On Rogers I get only 20-30 up on a 1000/30 plan. Luckily I’m not dependent upon upload speed, although it would be nice to have 50+ Mbps upload for the few times I upload large batches of files. It will also be interesting to see what Rogers does with their retail upload speeds come spring, as they are rolling out new tech then to increase upload speeds.
Because I don't want Shitty 20mbit upload.

It's not some. All are getting faster upload with bell. The package is 1000/750 and 1500/940.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16983 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 4:51 pm
Because I don't want Shitty 20mbit upload.

It's not some. All are getting faster upload with bell. The package is 1000/750 and 1500/940.
Yeah if you need faster upload, Bell is the way to go. However, most don’t need it. Also, if you’re on contract with a slower upload plan, you don’t get the faster speed. That’s why I was still on 100 Mbps up on Bell last month.
Jun 15, 2018
566 posts
194 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 6:26 pm
Yeah if you need faster upload, Bell is the way to go. However, most don’t need it. Also, if you’re on contract with a slower upload plan, you don’t get the faster speed. That’s why I was still on 100 Mbps up on Bell last month.
Good thing unless you are on a business account there is no contract.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16983 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 7:49 pm
Good thing unless you are on a business account there is no contract.
If you got a promotion from before, while it isn't really a true contract, there was a penalty for leaving early. Why do think there are all those posts here talking about scheduling an installation later for a switch to a different provider to avoid paying the penalty?

New customer deals may be different.
Sep 7, 2018
161 posts
110 upvotes
superscoots wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 11:41 am
My internet is dropping often and my Nvidia shield can barely steam iptv lately and it's 15 feet from my router. The wifi network drops often, I have fibe 300 and a home hub 1000.

Will bell replace the home hub? Maybe with a 2000 or 3000 unit?

Just to update -- bell is sending me a home hub 2000 , said the interference in my building with all the competing networks on 2.4ghz is causing the slowdowns
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1717 posts
421 upvotes
TORONTO
Anyone have an internet only deal?

Bell offered me the 1gbps for $59.99 for 1 year.. Anything better?
Jun 15, 2018
566 posts
194 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 8:31 pm
If you got a promotion from before, while it isn't really a true contract, there was a penalty for leaving early. Why do think there are all those posts here talking about scheduling an installation later for a switch to a different provider to avoid paying the penalty?

New customer deals may be different.
Only a penalty if you fell for the "free" installation lol
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16983 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 11:16 pm
Only a penalty if you fell for the "free" installation lol
You have a answer for everything don’t you? Too bad you’re just wrong.
Jun 15, 2018
566 posts
194 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 1:01 am
You have a answer for everything don’t you? Too bad you’re just wrong.
I am not wrong. There is no contracts at all unless you are business subscribers. At which time you must pay 60-70% of the remaining months. And the only early termination penalty for residential is if you fell for the "free" installation.

I've signed up and cancelled every 6 months to a year between bell and cogeco for the last 6 or so years. Except this year because they finally gave me an ongoing $50 off my internet.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16983 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 8:42 am
I am not wrong. There is no contracts at all unless you are business subscribers. At which time you must pay 60-70% of the remaining months. And the only early termination penalty for residential is if you fell for the "free" installation.

I've signed up and cancelled every 6 months to a year between bell and cogeco for the last 6 or so years. Except this year because they finally gave me an ongoing $50 off my internet.
Are you talking only about internet? Cuz this thread is a TV/internet/home phone thread. The early termination penalty is for the TV. Maybe they've done away with that now on new promotions, but those still were present on existing promotions.

EDIT:

It is listed here for their Satellite TV service, but it was the same wording for my Fibe bundle promotion. It doesn't matter if it was free installation or not.

https://support.bell.ca/TV/What_s_the_p ... TV_service

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.42.15 AM.png

So, it appears the early termination penalty may still apply even if you get a bundle promotion now in 2019.
Jun 15, 2018
566 posts
194 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 10:20 am
Are you talking only about internet? Cuz this thread is a TV/internet/home phone thread. The early termination penalty is for the TV. Maybe they've done away with that now on new promotions, but those still were present on existing promotions.
Tv/internet/phone

Like I said twice already, early termination is only if you fell for the "free" installation. Been thru it many times. Not once have I ever actually paid any termination fees. Have signed up and cancelled 5 times or so now.

So enjoy your early termination fees lol. Believe me the 3 complaints people that have me their extensions I'm sure dread when they see my number and email pop up. Lol probably why they have me ongoing promotion.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16983 posts
3847 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 10:56 am
Tv/internet/phone

Like I said twice already, early termination is only if you fell for the "free" installation. Been thru it many times. Not once have I ever actually paid any termination fees. Have signed up and cancelled 5 times or so now.

So enjoy your early termination fees lol. Believe me the 3 complaints people that have me their extensions I'm sure dread when they see my number and email pop up. Lol probably why they have me ongoing promotion.
I don't get it. So are you saying you paid your installation fee up front? Or did you negotiate some sort of no-charge self-install? If so, then please share.

Cuz the two options most people get are an installation discount, or else you pay the installation up front. Either way you're still paying if you terminate early.
Jun 15, 2018
566 posts
194 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 11:04 am
I don't get it. So are you saying you paid your installation fee up front? Or did you negotiate some sort of no-charge self-install? If so, then please share.

Cuz the two options most people get are an installation discount, or else you pay the installation up front. Either way you're still paying if you terminate early.
Whats not to get. Pay the $59.95 installation fee and you don't get any early termination fee. You fall for the free installation you are stuck.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

molombian