Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Bell] Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos *READ FIRST POST*

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2019 5:41 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16324 posts
3400 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 11:32 am
Whats not to get. Pay the $59.95 installation fee and you don't get any early termination fee. You fall for the free installation you are stuck.
So, in other words, you'd paid the fee up front. The only difference is instead of paying a $75 fee (for a 1 year term), you paid a $60 fee. Gotcha.

It's odd though that you keep bragging about that. You saved all of $15 vs the regular 1 year term penalty fee, whereas others who rode out the term paid no fee.
Jun 15, 2018
262 posts
40 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 12:53 pm
So, in other words, you'd paid the fee up front. The only difference is instead of paying a $75 fee (for a 1 year term), you paid a $60 fee. Gotcha.

It's odd though that you keep bragging about that. You saved all of $15 vs the regular 1 year term penalty fee, whereas others who rode out the term paid no fee.
Why would I ride out the term when I saved more money over the years than people that kept it.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16324 posts
3400 upvotes
Toronto
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 2:36 pm
Why would I ride out the term when I saved more money over the years than people that kept it.
You've repeatedly been saying you're not paying any penalty, and I'm just pointing out that you're just paying the fee up front. Since you say you switch approx. every six months, with your $60 up front installation free, each month you pay is $10 more than your actual price.

Riding out the term makes sense when the deals available from other providers aren't as good. This may be true in Rogers' territory for example. Get the Bell promotion for one year and pay no penalty or installation fee.
Jun 15, 2018
262 posts
40 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 3:09 pm
You've repeatedly been saying you're not paying any penalty, and I'm just pointing out that you're just paying the fee up front. Since you say you switch approx. every six months, with your $60 up front installation free, each month you pay is $10 more than your actual price.

Riding out the term makes sense when the deals available from other providers aren't as good. This may be true in Rogers' territory for example. Get the Bell promotion for one year and pay no penalty or installation fee.
There is always deals. Every single day of every year there is a deal from Cogeco, Rogers, Bell.
Aug 22, 2007
217 posts
25 upvotes
London ON
Called in today because my promos all expire at the end of the week. Man, retention deals suck these days.
$146.84 for Fibe TV Good + a few a-la-carte channels, HD PVR, 300/300 Internet, and home phone that I don't even use.

Alternatively, I was quoted $110.95+tax for Fibe Alt (Good? This doesn't actually exist on the website) + CraveTV + Gigabit Internet. Not a good deal either because my home network can't even handle gigabit throughput. When I told the rep I saw new customers getting $99 for 2 years, he snapped at me saying I had my chance and that I'm overly entitled - seriously dude?

I guess it's Robbers time now :( any ideas?
Apr 22, 2009
94 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
illest23 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 4:41 pm
Is it possible to add this to the first page until the offer expires (mods?).... it's a good deal and seems like people are having no luck online or in stores... the only way that has worked so far was with the below :

"You can call the department for new activations directly at 18665580708. You will be able to place an order with them as long as your address qualifies for bell services. This number is for new customers only, and they will not be able to help if you already have existing services. Agent will ask for an ID#, just let them know you do not remember it, or they did not leave an ID number, or you lost the paper, etc"

Current Field Offer:
$99.90 x 24 Months
Better TV
Gigabit Internet
Home Phone Lite
4k PVR
No Activation fees"

You might be able to get an additional receiver for free, 12 months movie package for free, or other goodies... it doesn't hurt to ask the rep what they can do for you... some will be able to offer something, but most can't.. good luck!
I was recently quoted $168 + taxes for the following from Bell:

Better TV (plus Crave TV for free for 12 months)
Fibe 500 internet (FTTH)
Home Phone Lite
Hub 3000 modem - n/c

I'm thinking about calling in and cancelling my service which are under my name and create a new service under my wifes name after seeing the offer above!
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1468 posts
206 upvotes
Halifax
Similar offer in Atlantic Canada as above for better bundle from loyalty but getting 1.5 GB Internet upgrade with new modem setup fees waived and a year of Crave + HBO + movies for $155 + taxes
RIP E3 30% off pre order games 2011-2017 :twisted:
Aug 14, 2006
841 posts
41 upvotes
2nd attempt calling gave up and cancelled everything.

Best loyalty could offer me was 140 + tax for all 3 services. Fibe TB 50 Unlimited, Fibe TV Better, and Home Phone Lite. If I just wanted internet only 89.99/month Fibe 50 Unlimited. The rep said there is nothing else he could do any my 3 year credits expire Feb 20, 2019. I ended up cancelling all 3 services and will have to go without TV and Internet at Home for a while.

Shall be interesting.
May 13, 2010
99 posts
34 upvotes
I tried Bell chat (I'm a new customer) to see what sort of deals I could get. For Fibe better TV, 300MB internet and home phone lite with 3 receivers (1 4k PVR) the best price I could get was about $149 plus tax. Reps kept telling me I do not qualify for the $99 promo

So I called 866-558-0708 to try my luck. Told the rep I'd like to sign up for the promo a Bell rep told me about, she said, yes, we have a great promo on, what's the rep's ID number. I told her I lost the paper he gave me. No problem at all!

Got Fibe Better Tv
1 4K PVR
1GB Internet
Home phone lite
$99.90
2 Years

I asked the rep if she could give me another free receiver (I need 3 total). She was able to give me a 2nd receiver for free for 1 year.

Process took 10 minutes max. Install is tomorrow as well!
Apr 1, 2005
107 posts
14 upvotes
Greater Montreal
rheimy wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 9:40 am
Got Fibe Better Tv
1 4K PVR
1GB Internet
Home phone lite
$99.90
2 Years
Are you in Quebec or Ontario?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1038 posts
98 upvotes
My current 2 year promo just ended for the following:

Fibe TV Good
HDPVR Receiver 60
Wireless Receiver 60
Fibe 25 \ unlimited
Home Phone Choice package \ Unlimited Can/US \ International add on

1st year i was paying $99 and second year $148.

The best offer i received from bell loyalty was to keep existing plan along with the addition of some credits to remain at $148 before tax and no term/contract.

I mentioned the Current Field Offer:
$99.90 x 24 Months
Better TV
Gigabit Internet
Home Phone Lite
4k PVR
No Activation fees

However rep said for new customers only and he couldn't match, i told him i will cancel my account and create a new one to get the field offer and i was informed there is a waiting period before i can create a new account....
Anyhow i will continue on as is unless i can figure out how to get something better or switch to a different provider.
Feb 18, 2019
1 posts
How long is the waiting period to get a new account? Can someone PM with the Bell Rep that offers this? Is it possible to cancel and sign up with another person in the household?
Aug 21, 2011
640 posts
308 upvotes
Whitby
ids748 wrote:
Feb 19th, 2019 7:46 am
2nd attempt calling gave up and cancelled everything.

Best loyalty could offer me was 140 + tax for all 3 services. Fibe TB 50 Unlimited, Fibe TV Better, and Home Phone Lite. If I just wanted internet only 89.99/month Fibe 50 Unlimited. The rep said there is nothing else he could do any my 3 year credits expire Feb 20, 2019. I ended up cancelling all 3 services and will have to go without TV and Internet at Home for a while.

Shall be interesting.
I had Fibe 100 for $69.95 + taxes, my promo expired last week so price went up $30 and saw it just today so called Bell loyalty. They offered me $74 + taxes for 1 year or $77 + taxes with ongoing promo code. Total price would go up whenever the base price increases but the promo credit never expires so I don't have to call in again end of 12 months for another promo credit.

I asked if I could get Fibe Alt Tv for the same price but nope, I have to pay extra $10. The alt tv comes with basic tv + crave tv access (which the rep said has HBO and ShowTime). I made a quick visit to The Source, and they basically offered the same too but at source if you go for the Alt Tv premium (+ $10 so total $97 + taxes, includes ongoing promo credit) which includes the sports channels you get a free fire tv stick.
Koodo Mobile | Stack | Lyft | Instagram