Bell

Bell Internet/TV/Home Phone - New Customer and Retentions Promos

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 6:21 pm
Jul 25, 2019
698 posts
358 upvotes
YVR
No. There are no reps there. There are no deals to be had. It's literally 10-20 ppl posting per day for deals, and that's it.
Apr 14, 2016
310 posts
52 upvotes
I called Bell to inquire about the promo they send me.
I was offered
1.5 GB internet
6 wifi pods
Better tv package
2 tv boxes (one 4kone regular.)
Home phone with all the gadgets.

177 plus tax
60 plus tax installation fee.

I said NO WAY...

That Is 64$ plus tax more than I was paying bell for the same service a year ago when I canceled and switched over to Rogers.
Sep 17, 2009
243 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
The advantage now is on Bell/Rogers side. Everybody working from home, watching HD Netflix,... and there is no reason for any discount on their side (it is 5/10 $ ongoing discount on Bell side, not sure about Rogers). The time when you cancel one provider to switch to another and wait for a better offer is gone.

Don't waste time and post here your postal code with the hope that you can get something below $100 for 1 GB internet service.

All the offers are - take it or leave it :)

My 0.02 $ ...
Oct 26, 2009
750 posts
196 upvotes
respit44 wrote: I see a lot of asks for reps to contact people. Does that actually ever happen?
I'm wondering the same. Also posted asking for rep to contact me, but so far, de nada.
Feb 28, 2009
921 posts
541 upvotes
Ottawa
ogers playing hardball as some people
Have experienced

I usually get. A pretty good deal after dealing with ambassadors/winback

Last week I put in my cancellation. I was paying $126 all in for gigabit, premier tv and basic home phone Incl 4K box and Another pvr.

My first offer was $190. After speaking to winback they offered $165 incl tax. I escalated to office of the president and they offered $149 incl tax

I called bell promo line (phone number on first post of the bell thread) and she offered me $177 incl tax for 1.5 gb, better tv and choice home phone incl instal and activation

I said no but she kept my number

Today she called me back with a one day offer of $137 plus tax for 1gb FTTH, better tv and choice home phone incl 2 boxes and modem. Upgrade to 1.5gb for $147 plus tax

Not sure if deals are getting Better because it’s the end of the month?

Just thought I’d share my experience so far. I’m in ottawa, single family home (not a condo)
Jul 6, 2008
118 posts
131 upvotes
Nope, never got anything. Either no offers or no bell reps in the thread
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8587 posts
5370 upvotes
respit44 wrote: I see a lot of asks for reps to contact people. Does that actually ever happen?
In the past, yes, but during covid-19 era, no. All the people in this thread asking for reps to contact them, will not get contacted. There are no Rogers/Bell reps doing that during the covid-19 era, it sucks because my promo plan is almost over too. Hope things change soon
Dec 25, 2013
71 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
My bell services will go up 20june, i had a number to a rep for good deals but i lost it......
Anyone got a rep number that can give the trio 1gb/s, TV and Home Phone for cheap?
thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1338 posts
599 upvotes
Got my bell Fibe FTTH installed last week. its great, 1 Gbps down and 750 MBps up. CONSISTENTLY, the speeds don't drop during peak times like Robbers does..the ping is also much better
alt tv/crave incldued all good for a year at $70/month + a $100 prepaid card. if i can keep the service around the same price a year from now i'll stick with Bell, of course that's up to Bell and their promos.

i'm in a 1 year old new build if that means anything..
Aug 7, 2017
518 posts
795 upvotes
rage2021 wrote: Got my bell Fibe FTTH installed last week. its great, 1 Gbps down and 750 MBps up. CONSISTENTLY, the speeds don't drop during peak times like Robbers does..the ping is also much better
alt tv/crave incldued all good for a year at $70/month + a $100 prepaid card. if i can keep the service around the same price a year from now i'll stick with Bell, of course that's up to Bell and their promos.

i'm in a 1 year old new build if that means anything..
What route did you go through to get that deal and when? After a year with Rogers I can’t wait to go back to Bell.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
1338 posts
599 upvotes
bya1998 wrote: What route did you go through to get that deal and when? After a year with Rogers I can’t wait to go back to Bell.
Got a rep contact and messaged him. They list promos based on postal code and I guess mine is the new build so maybe it's a bit better
Dec 31, 2011
36 posts
17 upvotes
rage2021 wrote: Got a rep contact and messaged him. They list promos based on postal code and I guess mine is the new build so maybe it's a bit better
Yeah, I figured that's how they do it and why they didn't try very hard to retain me as a customer. They did a big push a couple of years ago in my neighbourhood and I'm certain signed up a lot of households to Fibe judging by how many service techs I saw shortly thereafter on the street. I'm hoping a lot of people sat down, looked at their expiring credits and noticed the predatory gouging. But I'm sure there are just as many people that don't even look and just pay it, which is what Bell/Rogers are banking on. In all my avenues of trying to work out a fair deal with Bell not one agent, loyalty or manager would openly admit that $300/m for Fibe 300 and Better TV was/is completely unacceptable. Their response was always "Well you're not going to get much of a better deal from Rogers.".

To top it all off, Bell actually had the cojones to send me an email survey a few days before my service ended asking me to rate them on their response to the COVID pandemic and all they're doing to help the community blah blah blah. I didn't hold back. ;)
May 29, 2020
4 posts
Thanks, this sounds great...made an account as a long-time lurker, and will PM you shortly
Jul 7, 2014
27 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Looking for a home internet deal.

Feel free to PM.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1705 posts
464 upvotes
Montreal
Wow I can't believe Bell.

I'm currently paying 96$ for 10 channel, the PVR and 1 Gbit. Oviously on WiFi with 802.11ac, it's almost impossible to go over 300-350 Mbits.

My 34$ credits are expiring and this is what they are offering me :

115$ 300 Mbits, 10 channels + 4K PVR
105$ 50 Mbits, 10 channels + 4K PVR

I still can't believe they cannot throw a 10$ credit in there for the 300 Mbits.

I was too quick to cancel even though it's only for 3 weeks. I though that Helix was cheaper but it comes back to 111$ with 10 channels and 400 Mbits.
Jan 10, 2018
384 posts
1175 upvotes
I managed to get Gigabit Fibe (1GB), Starter TV and Home Phone Lite for $69.90 on a one-year promo with no rental/installation fee. I think it was a building promo, and I was expecting the same promo my brother has in the building next to me (Gigabit Fibe for $54.99), but it looks like they're not as flexible on the pricing with everyone WFH.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1705 posts
464 upvotes
Montreal
Actually I called again and this time the guy offered me for 105$ 1 Gbit + 10 channel. Before the price increase I was paying 90$ for all of this but it was a deal in my building.

At least the rebate is "lifetime" this time.

Hopefully they won't be increasing by another 5$ next year. It's unbelivable how expensive Internet has been latety as Bell and all the others have been able to appeal a CRTC decision on access to their network by smaller compagnies.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
2506 posts
1280 upvotes
ON
darkman007e wrote: Actually I called again and this time the guy offered me for 105$ 1 Gbit + 10 channel. Before the price increase I was paying 90$ for all of this but it was a deal in my building.

At least the rebate is "lifetime" this time.

Hopefully they won't be increasing by another 5$ next year. It's unbelivable how expensive Internet has been latety as Bell and all the others have been able to appeal a CRTC decision on access to their network by smaller compagnies.
So what was your process? You called in for offers to renew, the prices sucked. Then you asked to cancel 3 weeks out?
And then called back and they gave better price?
I will go through this soon, trying to figure out what will work best.
May 29, 2020
12 posts
2 upvotes
If any reps are here, please PM me offers for Winnipeg.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

CadillacJack, StealthRhino