Expired Hot Deals

[Bell] Bell Student Internet Deal - Fibe 50, Unlimited, Free Install & Modem - $54.95 for 12 months

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2018 12:45 pm
[OP]
Nov 7, 2015
84 posts
30 upvotes

[Bell] Bell Student Internet Deal - Fibe 50, Unlimited, Free Install & Modem - $54.95 for 12 months

Went into the Bell Store today and find out they are launching their Student Internet Plans on Sunday, July 22 for "new Customers only".

- Fibe 50mbps
- Unlimited
- Free Install
- Modem Included
- $54.95 + tax for 12 months
- No Contract, cancel anytime

I realize this might not be the "best deal" for everyone. But for individuals limited to their options such as me which only has Bell as their main provider. No Rogers service in our area. This might help them price shop so I thought I share

They say they "require" a student ID, but they don't check.

Hope it helps! Cheers,
28 replies
Oct 29, 2017
115 posts
13 upvotes
pureelite1 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2018 8:37 pm
Went into the Bell Store today and find out they are launching their Student Internet Plans on Sunday, July 22 for "new Customers only".

- Fibe 50mbps
- Unlimited
- Free Install
- Modem Included
- $54.95 + tax for 12 months
- No Contract, cancel anytime

I realize this might not be the "best deal" for everyone. But for individuals limited to their options such as me which only has Bell as their main provider. No Rogers service in our area. This might help them price shop so I thought I share

Hope it helps! Cheers,
Does Bell offer these Internet student plans in BC or is it just Ontario?
Oct 2, 2010
91 posts
49 upvotes
Ontario
pureelite1 wrote:
Jul 19th, 2018 8:37 pm
They do not verify at the store, but you will be required to verify yourself afterwards via an email link Bell will send you. If you fail to do so, they will remove the discount and probably charge the activation fee.

But as a previous poster stated, unless you have FTTH, Virgin Internet is the better deal.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14439 posts
2034 upvotes
Toronto
bwalke33 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 12:28 pm
They do not verify at the store, but you will be required to verify yourself afterwards via an email link Bell will send you. If you fail to do so, they will remove the discount and probably charge the activation fee.

But as a previous poster stated, unless you have FTTH, Virgin Internet is the better deal.
Wow. Bell always finds such innovative ways to screw their customers.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2004
2247 posts
104 upvotes
Mississauga
wilsonlam97 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2018 10:13 am
Wow. Bell always finds such innovative ways to screw their customers.
How is that screwing their customers ? It’s a verification of student id . If you don’t have it and get the student plan then you are only screwing over yourself when they rightfully change your account over for failure to verify having a student id
Sep 11, 2011
437 posts
314 upvotes
Toronto
Sounds like we should send this deal into expired deals before it gets downvoted into the sun!
Dec 20, 2005
454 posts
22 upvotes
I pay 20$ per month for the same...
Apr 5, 2010
337 posts
81 upvotes
Mississauga
CheapMang wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 12:25 pm
Virgin has their 50mbps package for $45/mth for 12 months. No need to be a student and also runs on bell network. This is not a deal.

https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/internet/index.html
What's the experience with virgin on keeping the deal past 12 months...is retention easy to deal with and offer you to keep current package? Will they charge for activation of you are already with bell?
Dec 5, 2016
143 posts
112 upvotes
I just signed up for 300 Mb, alt-tv, crave tv, no contract no install fee for $64.95, think it's postal-code dependent in Toronto, but there are definitely better deals to be had.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14439 posts
2034 upvotes
Toronto
Haris wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2018 11:26 am
How is that screwing their customers ? It’s a verification of student id . If you don’t have it and get the student plan then you are only screwing over yourself when they rightfully change your account over for failure to verify having a student id
They should prevent non-students from signing up in the first place rather than removing their discount after they sign up.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
1952 posts
848 upvotes
Winnipeg
Bell feels like Lenovo to me and we are only half Bell here in MB. Don't ring the Bell.
Dec 1, 2008
54 posts
8 upvotes
This might be a store specific promo. Can you give me store address. Bell is the only option we have in this area